Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woof

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    ntxduck said:

One of the things TSIO used to say and I agree with is, are the prospects doing things to people that are unusual. Answer? Yes. He's running down small college RB's and shoving small college linemen into the backfield with ease. If this were HS tape from California he would be a high three, four star type recruit. Get him the strength and nutrition of an offseason at UW and see where he lands. Good get. Now do LB and DB please.

If this were hs tape from CA, the rbs would be a lot faster and the lineman a lot bigger. And he wouldn’t look nearly as good.
    Valid poont.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Penace said:

6-5 250 with athleticism, whats not to like? One has to assume he is in the heavy rotation in 2023. Good pick up.

If Trice comes back Trice, Heims and the WEDGE make a strong pass rushing trio, even if ZTF leaves. Give us ZTF and that’s a really nice 2 deep.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Penace said:

6-5 250 with athleticism, whats not to like? One has to assume he is in the heavy rotation in 2023. Good pick up.

If Trice comes back Trice, Heims and the WEDGE make a strong pass rushing trio, even if ZTF leaves. Give us ZTF and that’s a really nice 2 deep.
    Then let Smalls battle McAllister for the starting punter role
  • Options
    edited December 2022

dnc said:

Penace said:

Run McAllister IMO
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,570
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Penace said:

I really wish the coaches would have a coming to god talk with Smalls. I feel like he's mailing in his career.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Penace said:

Run McAllister IMO
    So, you're saying that Savvy already won this competition.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I closely watched Smalls this season. No effort, looks fat. Fucking bust. Hope he schools good.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Penace said:

I closely watched Smalls this season. No effort, looks fat. Fucking bust. Hope he schools good.

I'd bet that in the spring he's behind ZTF, Truce (hopefully), Heims, and this new kid and splitting reps with true freshman Jacob Lane.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,570
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Penace said:

I'd bet that in the spring he's behind ZTF, Truce (hopefully), Heims, and this new kid and splitting reps with true freshman Jacob Lane.
    Agree and DeBoer will still be asked about how Smalls is doing in press conferences. Two staffs, same answers. He’s learning, working, blah, blah blah. You need to be in possession of a light bulb for the light to come in. Bust.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    He looks fast too. That spin move was wicked
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Penace said:

I really wish the coaches would have a coming to god talk with Smalls. I feel like he's mailing in his career.
    I'm pretty sure the coaches know what they have and no amount of effort is going to elevate him above mediocre talent
    He wasn’t ever good in high school. His recruiting ranking was based on him flashing at a very young age and doing nothing beyond that.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter
    At worst, it's a depth play. At best, he ends up being a starter. I like it.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I watched the highlights, my favorite play was when he strip sacked the QB, the qb picked up the loose ball and then he drilled him again. He wants to hurt people. Keinholz better hope he’s not starting for OSU in 2024 or some SD style street justice might play out.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    This kid never played DL until this past season. He was a qb in high school. His film looks like he really took to the position. I also think Trice is gone
  • Options
    Strikes me as a real Grayson Gunnheim type. Been awhile since he had a WEDGE.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Strikes me as a real Grayson Gunnheim type. Been awhile since he had a WEDGE.

I loved Gunheim, it's too bad he couldn't RS and needed to play right away.