Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woof

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2022
    Straight outta Sioux Falls.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This kid's a fucking animal. Love this pickup
    He does actually look good on Hudl. I didn't notice his size measurables, but he looks big enough to play DE/OLB.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022

One of the things TSIO used to say and I agree with is, are the prospects doing things to people that are unusual. Answer? Yes. He's running down small college RB's and shoving small college linemen into the backfield with ease. If this were HS tape from California he would be a high three, four star type recruit. Get him the strength and nutrition of an offseason at UW and see where he lands. Good get. Now do LB and DB please.

If this were hs tape from CA, the rbs would be a lot faster and the lineman a lot bigger. And he wouldn’t look nearly as good.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

One of the things TSIO used to say and I agree with is, are the prospects doing things to people that are unusual. Answer? Yes. He's running down small college RB's and shoving small college linemen into the backfield with ease. If this were HS tape from California he would be a high three, four star type recruit. Get him the strength and nutrition of an offseason at UW and see where he lands. Good get. Now do LB and DB please.

If this were hs tape from CA, the rbs would be a lot faster and the lineman a lot bigger. And he wouldn’t look nearly as good.
    If Savvy could do half the things this guy does he would live up to at least three of his stars.

Watch again.
    Good one.

I think he looks good. I try to ignore competition level and focus on what a guy does. It wasn't easy to ignore the hapless, undersized OL, but still. He looks like a good pass rusher and a twitchy guy for his size.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The dude is big, fast, and looks to have great instincts.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    ntxduck said:

You are normally a pretty good poster, but fuck oh dear you are a TBS moron sometimes.

Did DeBoer take Kienholz as a favor?
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022

ntxduck said:

You are normally a pretty good poster, but fuck oh dear you are a TBS moron sometimes.

ntxduck said:

I will admit to being overly judgmental oF kids from non-football states. I just don’t respect players from leagues who are out there clowning on dudes who look like @backthepack . Maybe it’s because Oregon has been burned so much over the years by “highly rated” recruits from Oregon/WA/Idaho/nebraska/etc who show up and are immediately buried on the depth chart by 3* kids from CA/TX.

Not that there aren’t busts from those places, too. But Oregon’s biggest busts seem to come from places where the competition is….questionable. We(?) have a 4 and 5* on the roster right now from nebraska who look like they’ve just picked up the game in the last 18 months.