Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

11am Kickoffs

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Tequilla said:

I just find it amusing that the same idiots that were whining about 8 pm starts saying that they want earlier games are now complaining about 11 am games because they are too early.

Fucking idiots.

It's an HHB board. People just like to complain.

HTH
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm fine with 11am KO.

None of the 9am games are really interesting since they're usually B1G dreckfests like Minnesota at Purdue or Indiana at Illinois or some ACC shitfest like Virginia at BC. So really, you're missing nothing good on TV. There's sometimes a good game or two on at 12:30, so by the time the game is over, you can catch the tail-end of those games. And if you go to Husky Stadium or wherever for an 11am game, you're back home in time for the prime-time games or other Pac-12 games.

I think it's a good move besides the fact that they're on the Pac-12 network.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Just keep it at a 12:30/4:00/7:00 set-up, hopefully a little lighter on the 7 and 7:30 games (it'snot like many in the East will stay up for Pac 12 football). What does 11:00 a.m. even do? Starting a game before noon is fucktarded. I'll admit the 8:00 p.m. games are a little late, but as I've said in the past, it's pretty common for East Coast teams.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

I can be drunk at any time of day, so I really don't care when the games start. Have the fuckers at 7 AM. I'll pregame at 4 AM. Fuck it.

Fucking THIS.

If you can't handle it, keep your sandy vag at home where it belongs.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

I can be drunk at any time of day, so I really don't care when the games start. Have the fuckers at 7 AM. I'll pregame at 4 AM. Fuck it.

Even better, just get piss drunk the night before and keep it going the next day!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Party. Puke. Rally. Breakfast burritos. Game time.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Party. Puke. Rally. Breakfast burritos. Game time.

Maybe if we actually start winning again, the post-game tailgate will consist of more than just crushing beers as fast as you can while angrily packing up your shit to go home.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    actually I just realized that I should have abstained from having an opinion. The 11am thing is for Pac12 Network games and since I dont' get the Pac12 Network it won't matter.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited June 2014
    Swaye said:

I can be drunk and high as fuck at any time during Saturday, so I really don't care when the games start. Have the fuckers at 7 AM. I'll pregame at 4 AM. Fuck it.

dont forget the ganja, bra
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

actually I just realized that I should have abstained from having an opinion. The 11am thing is for Pac12 Network games and since I dont' get the Pac12 Network it won't matter.

Do you know of any sports bars in the Bay Area that have the pac-12 network, in HD, with the coldest beer in town and solid grub?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    just thought of something... if I'm in Hawaii and the Huskies have an 11:00 am start, that will be 8:00 am kickoff!

People may tune in at 8:00 am to watch the Women's French Open, Larry Scott, but you're fucking nuts to be scheduling Pac-12 football games at 8 in the fucking morning.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I understand the discomfort for guys like my buddy Fleens who travels over from wine country. He'll have to get an early start or just crash at Kim's the night before.

Guys who just watch on TV don't have any reason not to like it, unless you have the constant worry (like I do) of someone fucking with your DVR schedule. I'm also busy with various (usually kid related) activities during the day on Saturdays. I won't watch mid day games real time, but I don't want to anyways. I can't handle commercial breaks or half time faggotry. It doesn't really matter what time the game records, as long as it's recorded by 9 or 10pm which is when I'm going to sit down and watch it irregardless (so the point is mute).

Some answers here puzzled me. Who the fuck wants to watch a Husky game with a 4 or 6 year old? At the stadium is one thing. That's just for a fun time not serious football watching. The TV is completely different and requires full attention without distractions. I tell my 15 y/o to stay the fuck out when I'm watching games on TV. My dog is the only one allowed in the room.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I understand the discomfort for guys like my buddy Fleens who travels over from wine country. He'll have to get an early start or just crash at Kim's the night before.

Guys who just watch on TV don't have any reason not to like it, unless you have the constant worry (like I do) of someone fucking with your DVR schedule. I'm also busy with various (usually kid related) activities during the day on Saturdays. I won't watch mid day games real time, but I don't want to anyways. I can't handle commercial breaks or half time faggotry. It doesn't really matter what time the game records, as long as it's recorded by 9 or 10pm which is when I'm going to sit down and watch it irregardless (so the point is mute).

Some answers here puzzled me. Who the fuck wants to watch a Husky game with a 4 or 6 year old? At the stadium is one thing. That's just for a fun time not serious football watching. The TV is completely different and requires full attention without distractions. I tell my 15 y/o to stay the fuck out when I'm watching games on TV. My dog is the only one allowed in the room.

Your 15 year old isn't watching with you? Poor parenting right there. And Ts and Ps to the dog.
  • Options
    chuck said:

I'm glad you leave the kid out of it.

How often do you hit the dog watching UW football?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I'm glad you leave the kid out of it.

How often do you hit the dog watching UW football?
    Less frequently last year than in past years. He's a big fatty so he can handle it but he took some lumps in 2012. I think he was wondering what was wrong last season when I wasn't beating him more often.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Your 15 year old isn't watching with you? Poor parenting right there. And Ts and Ps to the dog.
    Agree, and it's far past the point where I can recover the situation. Fucker doesn't like football. Tears me up inside, but you're correct that I shouldn't be blaming him.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    In this thread: A bunch of fucktards who don't realize that these are Pac-12 Network games that aren't worth watching at any time, day or night.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Anyone avoiding technology so they don't spoil the outcome of the Georgia State or Colorado game should immediately be drenched in gasoline and lit on fire.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    topdawgnc said:

Meek said:

as a parent, it's impossible for me to watch a game real-time and so the night games were awesome for me b/c I could watch them almost live and no spoilers... now I'll have to figure out how to avoid all forms of technology for an entire day before I can retire to the man cave for some football. The more night games in the Pac12 the better for a guy like me.

Grow a set.

My 6 year old has sat through every televised Husky game since 2008 regardless of time.

My 3 year old I thought was some sort of rabbits foot.

He was born in 2010 and Washington reeled off 6 straight wins, including a Holiday Bowl win.

He too has sat through all the shit.

I don't give a shit what my kids do during that 3 hour window as long as it doesn't involve me #bestdadevar #numberonedad