Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

11am Kickoffs

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited June 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Remember how many people were pissed off over the 7:00pm or 7:30pm kickoffs last year for games? Remember our OSU game that started at 7:30? Or our Cal game that started at 8:00pm?

Well, it looks like the Pac-12 is responding by opening a new window for games to start at 11:00am on the Pac-12 Network.

Here's the link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/06/08/pac-12-restates-call-for-reform-at-end-of-meetings/10204591/

It's not my favorite time (12:30pm) but it's an improvement over games that start at 7pm or later. I'm guessing we're looking at Georgia State and maybe Colorado as 11am games now.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    as a parent, it's impossible for me to watch a game real-time and so the night games were awesome for me b/c I could watch them almost live and no spoilers... now I'll have to figure out how to avoid all forms of technology for an entire day before I can retire to the man cave for some football. The more night games in the Pac12 the better for a guy like me.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

as a parent, it's impossible for me to watch a game real-time and so the night games were awesome for me b/c I could watch them almost live and no spoilers... now I'll have to figure out how to avoid all forms of technology for an entire day before I can retire to the man cave for some football. The more night games in the Pac12 the better for a guy like me.

Huh? What does being a parent have to do with not watching day games?
  • Options
    i can't fucking get the wife and kid to sit still and let me watch a game. plus i like to drink during games... again, this is my personal situation.
  • Options
    let me clarify, my kid is 3 1/2 years old.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Meek said:

let me clarify, my kid is 3 1/2 years old.

Mine are 2 and 4. I don't miss games. Just sayin... But I'm a good father the rest of the year.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    Meek said:

Take your kids to Husky games?

Brainwash them from an early age and have them watch with you?

Give them $20 and tell them to go for ice cream in Spokane/Victoria/Calgary?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Obligatory #FireLarryScott #FireSofty #FireKevinShockey #FireSark #FireRomar

Had to get that in there before Sven beat me to it and I know I'm forgetting some so fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.
  • Options

Meek said:

I live in Palo Alto so unfortunately no can do, so my best option has been to DVR the games and watch when the spawn finally falls asleep (insomniac). I can work with it but to be honest I always enjoyed watching night games on tv myself so if the Pac tries to lose all night games it's my opinion that not only will the east coast still not give a shit but the west coast audience won't get to watch a lot of games.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I wouldn't have complained about the late starts if we were winning.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Meek said:

Meek said:

I live in Palo Alto so unfortunately no can do, so my best option has been to DVR the games and watch when the spawn finally falls asleep (insomniac). I can work with it but to be honest I always enjoyed watching night games on tv myself so if the Pac tries to lose all night games it's my opinion that not only will the east coast still not give a shit but the west coast audience won't get to watch a lot of games.
    Sounds to me you will be watching night games by yourself regardless of kickoff time.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anything is better than 8 pm PST on a Thursday. Anything. I'm a 12:30/3:30 guy myself. Is it so hard to have games at the same times every week, maybe with one prime time game?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't like the 11 am kickoff when attending the game. If I'm at home, I have no problem with waking up, eating some breakfast, and watching the game. Waiting for a 7pm game can be annoying and it ends late if you plan on going out.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    Around 3pm is probably my favorite time for attending a game. Gives you ample time beforehand, but you're not going home at 1am.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Meek said:

Grow a set.

My 6 year old has sat through every televised Husky game since 2008 regardless of time.

My 3 year old I thought was some sort of rabbits foot.

He was born in 2010 and Washington reeled off 6 straight wins, including a Holiday Bowl win.

He too has sat through all the shit.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I just find it amusing that the same idiots that were whining about 8 pm starts saying that they want earlier games are now complaining about 11 am games because they are too early.

Fucking idiots.