Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You guys were worried about nothing

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    Bob_C said:

https://newsmax.com/newsfront/usa-today-ron-desantis-donald-trump/2022/12/13/id/1100317/

Republicans back Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over former President Donald Trump by a double-digit margin in the latest poll of potential presidential candidates from USA Today and Suffolk University Poll.

More than half of Republicans want DeSantis to run, while about one-third want Trump to launch a third campaign for the White House: 56% back DeSantis; 33% back Trump.

The survey also found that most GOP voters want a Republican other than Trump to run, but they want the candidate to continue Trump's policies: 31% want Trump to run and continue his policies; 61% want another Republican to run and continue Trump's policies.

"Republicans and conservative independents increasingly want Trumpism without Trump," David Paleologos, the director of the Suffolk University Political Research Center, told USA Today.

That's the rub isn't it? DeSantis is seen as that guy today and would crush anyone other than Trump even if these numbers are not accurate

You could feel the winds of change as the Great Dictator Trump tore down the wall. But for Ron to remain an outsider when he is clearly an insider is harder than it looks

Can't wait for the destruction of DeSantis. Get to it Leftists.

You?

I don't know what's so hard about the other conversation. Everyone was clear. Trump polies = good. Trump circus = bad. Nobody bellows "you gotta win first" more than you. That's all that conversation was about. A lot of people believe Trump was solid on policy matters, but jumped the shark as an electable politician.

We'll see how Desanctimonious survives the oncoming wave of destruction. That's why they play the games.
    Since the economy is fucked no matter what at this point, I just want someone who's economic rebuild plan isn't centered on just recreating the existing consultant class, funded by tax payers, who will produce studies and research that will call for more studies and research and no actual payoff. Nothing is more precious to the oligarchy than this. Twitter has showed us that you can gut 3/4 of the administrative burden and the product can be unchanged or probably even better.

We don't fully know what Ron's economic policies are yet, but basic table stakes to me is someone that realized that shutting down the economy for covid was terrible economic/social policy. He's passed the lowest bar possible test so far, where many/most others completely failed that simple test.

This. And I say this as a guy who works at a company that was allowed to continue operating and did very well during the pandemic.
    RoadTrip said:

https://newsmax.com/newsfront/usa-today-ron-desantis-donald-trump/2022/12/13/id/1100317/

Republicans back Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over former President Donald Trump by a double-digit margin in the latest poll of potential presidential candidates from USA Today and Suffolk University Poll.

More than half of Republicans want DeSantis to run, while about one-third want Trump to launch a third campaign for the White House: 56% back DeSantis; 33% back Trump.

The survey also found that most GOP voters want a Republican other than Trump to run, but they want the candidate to continue Trump's policies: 31% want Trump to run and continue his policies; 61% want another Republican to run and continue Trump's policies.

"Republicans and conservative independents increasingly want Trumpism without Trump," David Paleologos, the director of the Suffolk University Political Research Center, told USA Today.

That's the rub isn't it? DeSantis is seen as that guy today and would crush anyone other than Trump even if these numbers are not accurate

You could feel the winds of change as the Great Dictator Trump tore down the wall. But for Ron to remain an outsider when he is clearly an insider is harder than it looks

You?

I don't know what's so hard about the other conversation. Everyone was clear. Trump polies = good. Trump circus = bad. Nobody bellows "you gotta win first" more than you. That's all that conversation was about. A lot of people believe Trump was solid on policy matters, but jumped the shark as an electable politician.

We'll see how Desanctimonious survives the oncoming wave of destruction. That's why they play the games.
    When the games have Pac12 refs, sometimes a circus is necessary to overcome the incompetence.
    That's a reasonable take and I don't really disagree. He was the perfect guy to bust through. But now it seems to me that someone with good creds who doesn't borrow trouble just to amuse himself might be a good thing for conservative politics. Can we? really not have nice things?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

You?

Yes you who were so scared that Ron couldn't beat Trump

That was the conversation

There was never a question on Trump policies only if anyone else would follow through

I'm on record here months ago that Trump isn't the nominee and it's Ron's to lose

Also think he probably will lose the general as the gop nominee

The entire array of government will be against him same as Trump and the government now controls the media

The left hates Trump policies more than Trump

Not everyone understands that

President Newsom will be fine I'm sure. He's done a great job in California
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

You?

When the games have Pac12 refs, sometimes a circus is necessary to overcome the incompetence.
    That's a reasonable take and I don't really disagree. He was the perfect guy to bust through. But now it seems to me that someone with good creds who doesn't borrow trouble just to amuse himself might be a good thing for conservative politics. Can we? really not have nice things?
    As you know the take was a just a play on our antics around here but I think the greater point is it took a circus clown who was butthurt by Obama at some correspondence dinner to say, "Fuck you, you tranny loving Kenyan. I can play your stupid game and beat you." He did but now the rules of the game have changed and the refs know this game is owned by the SEC (southeastern conference);-) "We" can have nice things but you have to be quiet and keep your head down and play by the rules that won't upset the government. DeSantis plays by their rules for the most part. He's good friends with Paul Ryan who is good friends with Mitt Romney. Enough said there.
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

You?

As you know the take was a just a play on our antics around here but I think the greater point is it took a circus clown who was butthurt by Obama at some correspondence dinner to say, "Fuck you, you tranny loving Kenyan. I can play your stupid game and beat you." He did but now the rules of the game have changed and the refs know this game is owned by the SEC (southeastern conference);-) "We" can have nice things but you have to be quiet and keep your head down and play by the rules that won't upset the government. DeSantis plays by their rules for the most part. He's good friends with Paul Ryan who is good friends with Mitt Romney. Enough said there.
    I agree with all of that. This will get me drawn and quartered here, but Romney/Ryan are not cyptonite to me. No, they're not guys I want with me in a dark alley street fight. Guys like Trump who like to fight are the pick there. But at some point we? have to get on with the management of this country, and as far as I can tell a lot of what we've? ever done here has been in the middle. Absent some kind of real revolution, liberal bleeding hearts aren't going away and I'd rather smart people with basic conservative instincts on things - and love him or hate him, that's Romney - are better in the game than on the sidelines creating room for left-wing bananas and MTGs.

Incoming!!!!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

You?

I agree with all of that. This will get me drawn and quartered here, but Romney/Ryan are not cyptonite to me. No, they're not guys I want with me in a dark alley street fight. Guys like Trump who like to fight are the pick there. But at some point we? have to get on with the management of this country, and as far as I can tell a lot of what we've? ever done here has been in the middle. Absent some kind of real revolution, liberal bleeding hearts aren't going away and I'd rather smart people with basic conservative instincts on things - and love him or hate him, that's Romney - are better in the game than on the sidelines creating room for left-wing bananas and MTGs.

Incoming!!!!
    I think we should start actively going after every democrat like they did trump and lock them and their families up.

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

You?

Incoming!!!!
    I prefer Newsom to Romney because Newsom will generate opposition and Romney won't

McCain saved obamacare

So vote for Obama

Working together = help the left get their issues through

Might as well go with the real thing

And unlike leftists I'm fine with you having whatever opinion you want
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

You?

Incoming!!!!
    Not incoming from me. I want to trust the Bushies of the world and I bought "compassionate conservatism" hook line and sinker. Will Ryan and Romney just continue to sell us out? Is Romney's neice Ronna or whatever her name is part of the game? I love your point about DeSantis not shutting down but I worry so much about the GOP cuck apparatus. I've lost all faith and trust and am of the burn it all down mindset.

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

You?

Incoming!!!!
    I think we should start actively going after every democrat like they did trump and lock them and their families up.
    Another moderate lol
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,011 Standard Supporter

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

You?

Incoming!!!!
    On an historical basis, Trump is the middle. Secure borders, a strong military, a free press, a 2A, honest elections, a strong independent American energy industry, no CRT and grooming allowed. Today, there is no dem remotely in the middle. Both Sinema and Manchin voted for the "Let's Increase Inflation Act". Romney is the ultimate squish and wouldn't even support fellow Republican Mike Lee in his Senate race. Hell, Romney voted to remove Trump from an office he didn't hold. Phuck those virtue signaling "Republicans". With no support from the national and local MSM, you need a big voice to cut through the lies. Remember Romney decrying the BLM/antifa riots? I'm on team DeSantis who is the middle. Who took on Disney who isn't the middle? Romney?

Watched the first cringe worthy episode of the new National Treasure on Disney. National Treasure is the pure as driven snow Aztec/Incas treasure. Not sure how that is a National Treasure. Oh, and the lead is an illegal alien Dreamer. Go Disney.
    edited December 2022

You?

There was never a question on Trump policies only if anyone else would follow through

I'm on record here months ago that Trump isn't the nominee and it's Ron's to lose

The entire array of government will be against him same as Trump and the government now controls the media

Maybe the others were. I have no idea one way or the other. I generally assume that the legions of hardcore Trumpers who will never let go tend to be fringe, but I honestly don't know.

I thought the conversation, at least how it started, was about another Trump indulgence moment with his reference to Desantis, and more of a "he needs to fade back now," kind of sentiment. Maybe it's the same thing.
    edited December 2022
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

You?

Incoming!!!!
    Not incoming from me. I want to trust the Bushies of the world and I bought "compassionate conservatism" hook line and sinker. Will Ryan and Romney just continue to sell us out? Is Romney's neice Ronna or whatever her name is part of the game? I love your point about DeSantis not shutting down but I worry so much about the GOP cuck apparatus. I've lost all faith and trust and am of the burn it all down mindset.
    Admittedly, they cowed when the heat got hot. The GOP apparatus and Romney, and Ryan just ran away. I guess my preference is for the state of affairs to be such that people like Romney can operate in politics the way they want to operate on a policy level without having to be in the circus of trading haymakers. Because, as you point out, several of them aren't good at that game. Some people need to be liked, and others just simply aren't built for the nasty game the way Trump is. But in terms of background, smarts, political leaning, etc., Romney was a guy I liked. I also like Desantis a lot. The thing that remains to be seen about him is whether he can take his show on the road. It's one thing to govern Florida with a strong conservative bent. It's another game altogether to do it nationally. He seems to have it and seems to be tough enough to fight the fight.

I have to admit that I have pushed further right the last couple of years, especially on social matters. I see it every day now, and two years ago I would not have admitted it. I would have said, "oh come on Sally, that's not really happening," blah blah blah. But I see it now. The left wing bullies are everywhere.
    edited December 2022

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

You?

Incoming!!!!
    On an historical basis, Trump is the middle. Secure borders, a strong military, a free press, a 2A, honest elections, a strong independent American energy industry, no CRT and grooming allowed. Today, there is no dem remotely in the middle. Both Sinema and Manchin voted for the "Let's Increase Inflation Act". Romney is the ultimate squish and wouldn't even support fellow Republican Mike Lee in his Senate race. Hell, Romney voted to remove Trump from an office he didn't hold. Phuck those virtue signaling "Republicans". With no support from the national and local MSM, you need a big voice to cut through the lies. Remember Romney decrying the BLM/antifa riots? I'm on team DeSantis who is the middle. Who took on Disney who isn't the middle? Romney?

Watched the first cringe worthy episode of the new National Treasure on Disney. National Treasure is the pure as driven snow Aztec/Incas treasure. Not sure how that is a National Treasure. Oh, and the lead is an illegal alien Dreamer. Go Disney.
    I agree Trump is right of middle on most policy issues and seemed to have a good instinct on where to land on things. I'd say CRT / grooming / honest elections are more contemporary issues and have less historical reference. But I get your point. CRT is a good example of policy creep (not me). An idea that starts out small, and over time absolutely snowballs until you get to the point where it becomes a universal epistemology. It has gotten to the point where I ask people in good faith, "do you really believe [fill in issue of the day] is because of race," and I get blank stares in response, as if I were positing that the earth is flat.

You?

Maybe the others were. I have no idea one way or the other. I generally assume that the legions of hardcore Trumpers who will never let go tend to be fringe, but I honestly don't know.

I thought the conversation, at least how it started, was about another Trump indulgence moment with his reference to Desantis, and more of a "he needs to fade back now," kind of sentiment. Maybe it's the same thing.
    Not everything is about you

Not sure why you wanted to be the you in my subject line but you are not the you that I was addressing

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Im seeing big mention of Ryan and Romney here? Why?
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,011 Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

Im seeing big mention of Ryan and Romney here? Why?

Ask coug.