Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why is Hopkins still employed??

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

There was a sweep in the desert - wonder if it will change things

He thought a sweep in the desert (for UW) was even a possibility?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    I played Sports Story on Switch instead of watching this game.

Sports Story is a joke after 5 years of development and still filled with countless bugs due to mismanagement.

Still better than what Hopkins has done with 5 years of fucking boating to work drinking fancy coffee at the University of Washington.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kim supports Huff

I rest my case
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Kim supports Huff

I rest my case
    It is your most persuasive point in this discussion rather easily.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,086
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

A tradition of excellence!

I want to believe that the Seattle pipeline is worth it but when you step back and look at it, its a bunch of point and shooting guards with a few quality bigs sprinkled in here and there. Then keeping the bigs has been a struggle, or they don't really pan out, and if they do pan out they are one and done. If the area was producing big after big I'd say it would be more desirable. Seattle basketball culture is great, but being honest about what it produces, you temper your expectations.

Since Romar became head coach, the only local players (that I can think of) that stayed at UW and were drafted, that were above the average NBA height of 6'6 are Jon Brockman, Jaden McDaniels and Spencer Hawes.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I want to believe that the Seattle pipeline is worth it but when you step back and look at it, its a bunch of point and shooting guards with a few quality bigs sprinkled in here and there. Then keeping the bigs has been a struggle, or they don't really pan out, and if they do pan out they are one and done. If the area was producing big after big I'd say it would be more desirable. Seattle basketball culture is great, but being honest about what it produces, you temper your expectations.

Since Romar became head coach, the only local players (that I can think of) that stayed at UW and were drafted, that were above the average NBA height of 6'6 are Jon Brockman, Jaden McDaniels and Spencer Hawes.

If only coaches were allowed to recruit outside of their owen metro area.

Having the Seattle guard/wing pipeline is at least 2/3 of a great program. A decent coach should be able to recruit and/or develop the other 1/3
    Oh I know, but I'm taking a realistic look at the situation locally. I also don't have a lot of faith in the AD to do an extensive search, or as others have pointed out, find the guy who will come in and make UW competitive almost every year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Long ago and far away James Edwards played for UW and Jawan Oldham went to Seattle U. Bigs that had NBA careeers. UW couldn't get the Cleveland High guys to go to UW to play with Edwards

Since that time it has been smalls and we? always let enough get away to not have a juggernaut

Edwards accepted a basketball scholarship from the hometown University of Washington, to play under coach Marv Harshman. As a freshman, he took over the starting duties at center, averaging 6.8 points and 4.6 rebounds per contest. As a sophomore, he registered 12.3 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.

As a junior in the 1975–76 1974-1975 season, he averaged 17.6 points (led the team) and 7.1 rebounds (second on the team) per game. He also contributed to the team having a 22–6 record, qualifying for the school's first NCAA basketball tournament appearance since 1953 and finishing the regular season ranked No. 11. This was also the last team to defeat (103–81) a John Wooden squad, as the legendary coach would retire after the season, having won his 10th National Championship.

As a senior in the 1976–1977 season, he led the team with 20.9 points and 10.4 rebounds, but the squad failed to qualify for the NCAA basketball tournament with a 17–10 overall record. He received All-American honors. He finished his college career with an average of 14.6 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.[1]

In 1990, he was inducted into the University of Washington Husky Hall of Fame. In 2015, he was inducted into the State of Washington Sports Hall of Fame.[2]

Best Husky team ever IMO

And it was 74-75 because Wooden retired after winning the 75 tourney. NC State won in 74 and Bobby Knight was perfect in 76 coaching the motherless whore

I used to THINK and CARE about college basketball
    I'm very familiar with Mr. Edwards. Anyone who leads #myteds to a state title is an instant legend. People forget he was a starter on those bad boys teams in Detroit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stanford and Cal this week. Get swept there and could I see this being it for him.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,116
    Founders Club

Long ago and far away James Edwards played for UW and Jawan Oldham went to Seattle U. Bigs that had NBA careeers. UW couldn't get the Cleveland High guys to go to UW to play with Edwards

Since that time it has been smalls and we? always let enough get away to not have a juggernaut

Edwards accepted a basketball scholarship from the hometown University of Washington, to play under coach Marv Harshman. As a freshman, he took over the starting duties at center, averaging 6.8 points and 4.6 rebounds per contest. As a sophomore, he registered 12.3 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.

As a junior in the 1975–76 1974-1975 season, he averaged 17.6 points (led the team) and 7.1 rebounds (second on the team) per game. He also contributed to the team having a 22–6 record, qualifying for the school's first NCAA basketball tournament appearance since 1953 and finishing the regular season ranked No. 11. This was also the last team to defeat (103–81) a John Wooden squad, as the legendary coach would retire after the season, having won his 10th National Championship.

As a senior in the 1976–1977 season, he led the team with 20.9 points and 10.4 rebounds, but the squad failed to qualify for the NCAA basketball tournament with a 17–10 overall record. He received All-American honors. He finished his college career with an average of 14.6 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.[1]

In 1990, he was inducted into the University of Washington Husky Hall of Fame. In 2015, he was inducted into the State of Washington Sports Hall of Fame.[2]

Best Husky team ever IMO

And it was 74-75 because Wooden retired after winning the 75 tourney. NC State won in 74 and Bobby Knight was perfect in 76 coaching the motherless whore

James Edwards was also a member of the Chicago Bulls 1995-96 World Champs 72-10
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883

Best Husky team ever IMO

I thought UW got Richard Woods and Oldham/Ervin went to Seattle U?

People forget Cleveland only beat Steve Madsen (UW) and Lincoln by 1 point to win their 2nd state title.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    Swaye's Wigwam

Best Husky team ever IMO

People forget Cleveland only beat Steve Madsen (UW) and Lincoln by 1 point to win their 2nd state title.

Seattle U won that deal
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883

Best Husky team ever IMO

Seattle U won that deal
    Eli Carter and I agree.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well, Cal choked this away and so Kim and Hop got the magical Bay area sweep they needed.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I believe we're 10-8 or something now. Unfortunately, if they win just enough gaymes (15-18) Hopkins keeps his job.

The stands were empty today except for the Dawg pack, and they probably bribed them with donuts or something. Some of it was the Seahawks, but I get the impression that noone cares. I still don't know how he won the PAC 12 four years ago. Even this Doog I know knows it's a joke at this point. As usual, the trans softball team is probably a bigger priority.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Well, Cal choked this away and so Kim and Hop got the magical Bay area sweep they needed.

Like the cal game ;)?