Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pm to Caleb williams

Comments

• Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022

Well yeah Penix isn't LA-ified like Caleb is.

I'm a big Penix fan.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    IMO it is coach speak for "We don't have a chance in hell of winning without him in the game". CW has some warts (body language is a big one for me), but if he doesn't get hurt, does Yute win that game? Everyone on the SC sideline knew they were fucked when he pulled up lame. You can blame Riley for a lot of things (hiring Alex Grinch would be a start), but he knew that CW was their only shot, as opposed to bringing in a backup with few snaps to shit himself on national TV. If Deboer did that with B. Penix (very similar circumstances, in that we have no shot without him), would "We" have been clamoring for DMo?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

IMO it is coach speak for "We don't have a chance in hell of winning without him in the game". CW has some warts (body language is a big one for me), but if he doesn't get hurt, does Yute win that game? Everyone on the SC sideline knew they were fucked when he pulled up lame. You can blame Riley for a lot of things (hiring Alex Grinch would be a start), but he knew that CW was their only shot, as opposed to bringing in a backup with few snaps to shit himself on national TV. If Deboer did that with B. Penix (very similar circumstances, in that we have no shot without him), would "We" have been clamoring for DMo?

Exactly right. Riley is a soft, hipster pants wearing fag, but any shot they had was coming with Williams in the game.

JFC I hate that style of pants. I saw them all over the sidelines today. I don't even know what they're really called but the fit about like the fuzzy stretch pants that chicks wear everywhere now (not a bad thing). So fucking gay looking.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Exactly right. Riley is a soft, hipster pants wearing fag, but any shot they had was coming with Williams in the game.

JFC I hate that style of pants. I saw them all over the sidelines today. I don't even know what they're really called but the fit about like the fuzzy stretch pants that chicks wear everywhere now (not a bad thing). So fucking gay looking.
    Chicks dig sweat pants.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

It wasn't just that he couldn't run or that his OL played awful, he was just simply garbage in the pocket. Held onto the ball too long, terribly inaccurate. When he did hit an easy throw his all world receivers would stone hands it. His only play on the second half there was a clear breakdown in coverage and no one within 20 yards of the receiver.

Fucking putrid performance. There's no way in hell this guy deserves anything above Penix.

If you're an SC fan this is a huge red flag that this coach feasted on a much shittier conference than the Pac 12 and doesn't have what it takes to get them back.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

They are called joggers.
  • Options
    haie said:

Fishpo31 said:

It wasn't just that he couldn't run or that his OL played awful, he was just simply garbage in the pocket. Held onto the ball too long, terribly inaccurate. When he did hit an easy throw his all world receivers would stone hands it. His only play on the second half there was a clear breakdown in coverage and no one within 20 yards of the receiver.

Fucking putrid performance. There's no way in hell this guy deserves anything above Penix.

If you're an SC fan this is a huge red flag that this coach feasted on a much shittier conference than the Pac 12 and doesn't have what it takes to get them back.
    I agree. I was watching the game in passing, not really dialed in. One thing that jumped out (prior to him really going downhill/hobbling around) was that he got tentative, because he has to have his legs to throw. His tempo in the pocket, and his release were off-kilter, for me. And, as you stated, the stone-hands portion of the game, but quite likely the ball was coming out different than pre-hammy...
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2022
    Fishpo31 said:

If you take the position that Ute can’t win if CW doesn’t get hurt (which injury seemed to get worse as the game slipped further and further away), then you have to surmise Oregon beats UW if Cook doesn’t take out Nix. Both QBs rely on their ability to run and the Duck-DWAG game was closer. I don’t think you wanna go there.

And CW doesn’t play defense. That was the worst tackling performance I’ve seen all year, and I watch A LOT of Husky and Duck football, so that’s saying something.

I think he got hurt. But I also think he got phased by Utah showing up and throwing punches, and the limp seemed to get worse as Ute continued to pump. Like all of us, he thought it was going to be easy. He thought we already crowned his ass.

You don’t pop a hammy and do anything. I think he tweaked it and that’s that.
  • Options
    haie said:

Fishpo31 said:

This. And Austin Jones turned into a pussy after getting hit too. They all folded.

#respect
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    If you've ever had or seen a pulled hammy you'd know he didn't pull a hammy.

Here is a pulled hammy in action

https://fb.watch/hbNy8U5C7i/?mibextid=v7YzmG
  • Options
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

The Rams coach wears them too and he’s kinda fat.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He pulled a muscle or had some very minor tendon strain. One of those things that hurts like hell when you stop but doesn't prevent you from running around.
  • Options

Fishpo31 said:

If you take the position that Ute can’t win if CW doesn’t get hurt (which injury seemed to get worse as the game slipped further and further away), then you have to surmise Oregon beats UW if Cook doesn’t take out Nix. Both QBs rely on their ability to run and the Duck-DWAG game was closer. I don’t think you wanna go there.

And CW doesn’t play defense. That was the worst tackling performance I’ve seen all year, and I watch A LOT of Husky and Duck football, so that’s saying something.

I think he got hurt. But I also think he got phased by Utah showing up and throwing punches, and the limp seemed to get worse as Ute continued to pump. Like all of us, he thought it was going to be easy. He thought we already crowned his ass.

You don’t pop a hammy and do anything. I think he tweaked it and that’s that.
    My thought was more about win probability, which I did a shit job of communicating. SC's chance to win was reduced dramatically, as the quack's was, in a shorter time frame, after Cook /Nix. IMO, Oregon had more useable, functional weapons than SC, offensively. Not stars, but function.

The SC defense has been shit all year, and the guy that neutralized that (CW) was way less than 100%, for three quarters. Yute smelled blood, and they fed off of it. At kickoff, I thought it was a toss-up (and didn't know the spread). I watched SC a little bit this year, and without CW in the driver's seat, they win 6-7 games. They out-athlete lesser teams, they know it and default to it, to the point that they looked a little lost, waiting for someone to do something spectacular to get them back in it. CW was the best athlete on the field at the start of the game, IMO. As an old, wise mentor of mine once said, "Will beats skill"...

I think he was hurt, but he doesn't give off the vibe of someone I'd want to jump into a fox hole with, nor does his coach.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2022
    haie said:

The Pac 12 made a giant presentation for this guy for the Heisman and didn't give two fucks about Penix.

Changed the rules this year so a try hard mountain west team could come in and bruise his pussy.

Fuck this conference forever.

Those try hards would have dry railed that defense of yours too.

Learn something about football before you post next time.

Caleb Williams didn’t lose this game, A soft Grinch defense did. If you were a real Dwag, you’d recognize. But I’m guessing you were boring people in the Pearl while drinking a shitty Porter when all that happened during multiple AC’s.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

The Pac 12 made a giant presentation for this guy for the Heisman and didn't give two fucks about Penix.

Changed the rules this year so a try hard mountain west team could come in and bruise his pussy.

Those try hards that scored 7 on Oregon's shit tier defense? Sure.gif

Gotta love the cuog after an apple cup. Everyone hypothetically kills UW. Except them.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2022
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Gotta love the cuog after an apple cup. Everyone hypothetically kills UW. Except them.
    After the 13:44 mark of the first quarter., Utah went on a 44-7 run. It wasn’t because their QB got hurt. It was because SC’s defense quit tackling ball carriers. And the reason SC quit tackling ball carriers is because they were beaten into submission.

Tell me something, anything about UWs defense that wouldn’t have left them with the same fate that SC’s defense suffered last night.

Bad Moon was still hurt against Oregon. I know we don’t believe in QB injuries according to this thread, but it was true. When He got mostly healthy, He did SC, like He did Oregon twice last year.

Try hard in your eye hole.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

After the 13:44 mark of the first quarter., Utah went on a 44-7 run. It wasn’t because their QB got hurt. It was because SC’s defense quit tackling ball carriers. And the reason SC quit tackling ball carriers is because they were beaten into submission.

Tell me something, anything about UWs defense that wouldn’t have left them with the same fate that SC’s defense suffered last night.
    I can tell you a couple.

Utah has nothing but a tight end and a CTE running quarterback. That's why even Oregon could stop them. SC is only better than Arizona, Colorado D. They couldn't stop anyone but beavlet and cuoglet this year.

UW defense has been lights out in the second half, especially 4th quarter for over a month now. How they got to top 2-4 in many defensive rankings in the conference despite being pretty bad the first 5-6 games. SC simply has to outscore people and it's not the same situation at all.

UW has a pass rush (as you found out). SC does not.