Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Metallica off the top rope from out of nowhere

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2022
    Would fit well on the Hardwired to Self-Destruct album I'm assuming this is a prelude to a new album?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People still play this kind of music?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Would fit well on the Hardwired to Self-Destruct album I'm assuming this is a prelude to a new album?

Just announced it comes out in a couple months
  • Options
    Founders Club

Yes. Loudly. Keep noodling old man!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Yes, and nobody plays Beatles or Stones anymore.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Beatles have sold a lot more records since 1990 than Metallica.

And for the record, I own all of the first 4 Metallica albums on compact disc or vinyl.
  • Options
    Founders Club

And for the record, I own all of the first 4 Metallica albums on compact disc or vinyl.
    All good and well, but I'm talking about musical style. I'm also guessing those Beatles albums aren't selling to many under-50 year olds in 2022. Call me crazy.

I know that at some point we all stop paying attention to the new stuff and are stuck living in the past.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

All good and well, but I'm talking about musical style. I'm also guessing those Beatles albums aren't selling to many under-50 year olds in 2022. Call me crazy.

I know that at some point we all stop paying attention to the new stuff and are stuck living in the past.
    Classic rock has made a resurgence. I don't know who buys music anymore, but I know there are a lot of yutes with increasing interest in the roots of all the subgenres of pop music and rock in particular.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know the specific numbers of how many under 50 are still "listening" as opposed to buy Beatles music. To @chuck 's point, who even "buys" music any more. I don't think hardly any of our member's here do other than me. I'm a vinyl luddite and refuse to go all in on high fi streaming options.

Looking around on YouTube.com, Instagram, etc, I would say there's still enduring interest in classic rock in general, including Metallica which being 40 years old falls into that genre now.

At any rate, @JoeEDangerously knows I have Tourette's when it comes to talking shit about technically proficient shredding, even when I own a bit of it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know the specific numbers of how many under 50 are still "listening" as opposed to buy Beatles music. To @chuck 's point, who even "buys" music any more. I don't think hardly any of our member's here do other than me. I'm a vinyl luddite and refuse to go all in on high fi streaming options.

Looking around on YouTube.com, Instagram, etc, I would say there's still enduring interest in classic rock in general, including Metallica which being 40 years old falls into that genre now.

At any rate, @JoeEDangerously knows I have Tourette's when it comes to talking shit about technically proficient shredding, even when I own a bit of it.
    Yeah I get there are a handful of real audiophile types buying vinyl and I'm glad for it. I wish I had started that process when I was young rather than pissing thousands of $$ away on CDs, most of which are gone and/or of no use anymore. Of all the things I've pissed money away on that has to rank near the top of the second tier (first tier is Copenhagen and weed).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Yeah I get there are a handful of real audiophile types buying vinyl and I'm glad for it. I wish I had started that process when I was young rather than pissing thousands of $$ away on CDs, most of which are gone and/or of no use anymore. Of all the things I've pissed money away on that has to rank near the top of the second tier (first tier is Copenhagen and weed).
    I bought a handful of (vinyl) records in college for the novelty but never owned a TT. Basically I would play them on my frens DJ (Technics SL-1200) decks for fun. But between 1994 and 2010 I'm guessing dropped about $11K on CDs. If I could have re-directed that towards vinyl play back in the mid 90s I'd be in even more kick ass shape hi-fi wise. There were a lot of high end, all analogue re-issues done in the 90s and early 2000s which are out of print now, and demand huge sums in the internet.

Even in 2005 I got some records for like $25.00 that go for like $300.00 or $400.00 now on Discogs.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The besmirching of shredding will not stand.

Of course there's still interest in the classic stuff. I listen to a lot of it, too. But that style of stuff isn't being re-done by bands today whereas Metallica is still shredding as a bunch of old farts.

And I still buy CD's and actually rip the files to a USB for the car.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I bought a handful of (vinyl) records in college for the novelty but never owned a TT. Basically I would play them on my frens DJ (Technics SL-1200) decks for fun. But between 1994 and 2010 I'm guessing dropped about $11K on CDs. If I could have re-directed that towards vinyl play back in the mid 90s I'd be in even more kick ass shape hi-fi wise. There were a lot of high end, all analogue re-issues done in the 90s and early 2000s which are out of print now, and demand huge sums in the internet.

Even in 2005 I got some records for like $25.00 that go for like $300.00 or $400.00 now on Discogs.
    One of my roommates in Seattle in the early 90s was spending his music funds on vinyl while I was loading up on CDs. He had a low fi system that I think he still uses to this day. I'd take it along with his collection.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I’m more shredding neutral than I am a fanboy of it as previously discussed. If it fits together with something else it’s cool. James and Kirk do it well
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Classic rock has made a resurgence. I don't know who buys music anymore, but I know there are a lot of yutes with increasing interest in the roots of all the subgenres of pop music and rock in particular.
    Youngest Nacho is 21 and a friend is 24ish, a singer and has a band. I’ve seen him play a couple small shows and he loves grunge era and the Foo Fighters.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Youngest Nacho is 21 and a friend is 24ish, a singer and has a band. I’ve seen him play a couple small shows and he loves grunge era and the Foo Fighters.
    Yeah mine is turning 24 this winter. I got him started but he knew more music from my era and even before by the time he was 20. One of the side benefits of his generation being so detached and sulky is that they listen to a lot of music.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    They're touring in 2024 with Pantera - doing 2-day gigs. And Seattle is on the list.

Fuck yes I'm going.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

They're touring in 2024 with Pantera - doing 2-day gigs. And Seattle is on the list.

Fuck yes I'm going.

#METOO

#SHREDDING