Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are We Recruiting Again? Transfer Portal

Comments

• Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Other names based on coaches’ recent twitter follows:
    Andrew Armstrong, WR Texas A&M-Commerce
    Malone Mataele, DB Utah
    Andre Carter, DL Western Michigan
    Caleb Murphy, DE Ferris State
    Mumu Bin-Wahad, DB West Virginia
    Cameron Grandy, TE Missouri Western

Color me unexcited.
    Looking at the names, I want to get Mumu Bin-Wahad just for entertainment value.
    I think he did a bathroom selfie while visiting UW when Jimmy was around so you know he has that DAWG in him
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,434
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Other names based on coaches’ recent twitter follows:
    Andrew Armstrong, WR Texas A&M-Commerce
    Malone Mataele, DB Utah
    Andre Carter, DL Western Michigan
    Caleb Murphy, DE Ferris State
    Mumu Bin-Wahad, DB West Virginia
    Cameron Grandy, TE Missouri Western

4/6 are from small schools. Not saying you can’t get hood players from there so don’t twist but Missouri Western isn’t exactly TE U.
    Most of those guys would be nice depth, but I’d doog a bit for Caleb Murphy, he broke the NCAA single season sack record this year with 24.5 and has two years of eligibility left. Two other names are
    Keaton Mitchell, RB, ECU (1325 yds & 13 TDs this season)
    Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo (3 yrs of eligibility left)
    With all these follows, it sounds like our recruiting team has been doing quite a lot of film study during the season to figure who could fit our needs this offseason.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,116
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Brennan Armstrong from UVA is in the portal. All time passing leader at Virginia. Had similar numbers to Penix in 2021. His stats took a shit under his new coach. Great arm, great runner. If Penix departs, Armstrong would be a great replacement. With Big Papa (TWILTCH) maybe UW has an in with him.

Jesus ...WTF did the new coach do? No wonder Big Papa got the F out of there. Dontayvion Wicks had 1203 yards in 2021 and then drops to 480 this year. I expect there will be a lot of players portaling out of that mess.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Brennan Armstrong from UVA is in the portal. All time passing leader at Virginia. Had similar numbers to Penix in 2021. His stats took a shit under his new coach. Great arm, great runner. If Penix departs, Armstrong would be a great replacement. With Big Papa (TWILTCH) maybe UW has an in with him.

Jesus ...WTF did the new coach do? No wonder Big Papa got the F out of there. Dontayvion Wicks had 1203 yards in 2021 and then drops to 480 this year. I expect there will be a lot of players portaling out of that mess.
    Hiring Tony Elliot from Clemson was almost Jon Donovan level stupid. He cratered Clemsons offense after Jeff Scott left for South Florida. Clemson fans wanted him fired before he failed upward and got the Virginia job.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tony Ellliot was a horrible hire. Clemson had a terrible offense with him as OC.
    Thanks @theknowledge and RoadDawg55. Looks like He and OC Des Kitchings shit the bed. Crazy shit that Brennan threw for 4449 yards last year and missed the Notre Dame game. He could have thrown for 5000 yards in a season. Plus he ass was sacked 30 times. He must be looking at Penix Jr and his 5 sacks this season with lustful eyes.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,481
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford has some decent players hitting the portal and I would expect more. Assume these guys are academically prowesed so they might be interested in UW.

DE Stephon Herron - Had an all-conference level season on a shit team.
    LB Levani Damuni - Has had a decent career, but also could just be another Cam Bright.
    S Jonathan MCGill - Similar to Damuni.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Stanford has some decent players hitting the portal and I would expect more. Assume these guys are academically prowesed so they might be interested in UW.

LB Levani Damuni - Has had a decent career, but also could just be another Cam Bright.

Can They tackle?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m hoping Eddy fully comes back to form next year, Bruener takes another step as a junior and that AT, now over a year removed from the Achilles tear, takes another leap forward. If UW can bring in a legit P5 starter to play along EO, have Bruener and AT as quality depth would be a pretty great group. Maybe Demario King will flash. Not sure what his injury was this year. Five LBs should be enough to let the new recruits redshirt and gain some weight.