Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jive Ass Turkey Pole

2»

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Roasted Turkey
    At the old Lebam homestead I would slow cook a turkey over small pieces of alder - would take about 5 hours usually 3 foot or more above the small fire. One of the best outdoor oven/woodfired BBQ, smoked flavor, turkey I have ever tasted. I adjusted the height as necessary to maintain a decent temperature.

I normally ate the left overs as was too hammered by the time the meal would be served - one must drink when outdoor cooking

Took me longer to split the wood into small little pieces that was to cook that puppy. Now, a roasted turkey takes great, I eat all the dark meat so the breast could be powder as far as I am concerned. Oh and skin, eat the crisp skin.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fried Turkey
    LebamDawg said:

At the old Lebam homestead I would slow cook a turkey over small pieces of alder - would take about 5 hours usually 3 foot or more above the small fire. One of the best outdoor oven/woodfired BBQ, smoked flavor, turkey I have ever tasted. I adjusted the height as necessary to maintain a decent temperature.

I normally ate the left overs as was too hammered by the time the meal would be served - one must drink when outdoor cooking

Took me longer to split the wood into small little pieces that was to cook that puppy. Now, a roasted turkey takes great, I eat all the dark meat so the breast could be powder as far as I am concerned. Oh and skin, eat the crisp skin.

Mmmmm….BBQ
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I Hate Turkey; it's too dry and bland

Mad_Son said:

As has been stated already, you smoke it.

Fuck off row Peter puffer

You people do smoke a nice pastrami!
    We need a thred for dat.

I lurve smoking? BBQing? Some pastrami.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    Fried Turkey
    I normally deep fry, but I’m the mountains and didn’t want to haul the gear up. Therefore, spatchcock and bbq this year.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Yah deep frying is the thing… I went to a party where they had the dunk tank cylinder which was 30 inches wide and 30” deep and delivered the ultimate in moist turkey… epic outcome for fried twinkees as well
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I don't like turkey. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like chicken. With chicken everything is soft, and smooth.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't like turkey. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like chicken. With chicken everything is soft, and smooth.

Wait...what are you using the bird for. This may be the wrong thread.

I just finished the smoked/bbq'd turkey last night. Pot pie (I baked but someone else made the crust) and a big pot of soup that just ran out. Man that was a good turkey
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Roasted Turkey

with the chicken using the feather is erotic, using the whole chicken is perverted