Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shitty Rose Bowl

backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
edited November 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
I need a crappy backdoor bullshit rose bowl against pedo state/michigan more than I've ever needed anything in my sports fandom.

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,831 Founders Club
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,831 Founders Club

Penn State? I suppose they get the nod if both OSU and Michigan get playoff berths, but that's highly unlikely.

Let's make peace with the fact that whichever Pac-12 team makes the grand daddy is getting absolutely pink socked by one of OSU or UM.

Michigan is good, not that good. Their QB is average and if their starting RB is hurt or decides to sit it out I think UW could play a competitive game with those guys. This isn't last years Michigan team. That team had two elite NFL edge rushers and two bell cow RB's. This team is more on par with Oregon than Ohio State. Get it to the fourth quarter and see what happens. If UW plays OSU the game might be an embarrassing 60-30.

Go Beavs!!
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,626
    If Michigan and Ohio state both make the playoff, would it be Iowa and not Penn state?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,134 Founders Club

Penn State? I suppose they get the nod if both OSU and Michigan get playoff berths, but that's highly unlikely.

Let's make peace with the fact that whichever Pac-12 team makes the grand daddy is getting absolutely pink socked by one of OSU or UM.

Will Chris Petersen be coaching the Pac 12 representative?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,067 Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

If Michigan and Ohio state both make the playoff, would it be Iowa and not Penn state?

Why would the Rose take Iowa? I’m pretty sure they get the highest ranked team from a conference vice order of standings, conference runner up etc
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,711
    edited November 2022

Michigan is good, not that good. Their QB is average and if their starting RB is hurt or decides to sit it out I think UW could play a competitive game with those guys. This isn't last years Michigan team. That team had two elite NFL edge rushers and two bell cow RB's. This team is more on par with Oregon than Ohio State. Get it to the fourth quarter and see what happens. If UW plays OSU the game might be an embarrassing 60-30.

Go Beavs!!
    Dialed in.

USC, UO*, UW and UCLA can all beat this years Michigan. Maybe I’m Pooking and they just pull teams into the quicksand but the Big looks terrible this year.

*Nixed with a month to heal.

ntxduck said:

Why would the Rose take Iowa?
    For the laughs?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,626
    edited November 2022

ntxduck said:

Why would the Rose take Iowa? I’m pretty sure they get the highest ranked team from a conference vice order of standings, conference runner up etc
    Iirc the last time it looked like Michigan and Ohio state might both get in, there was a stipulation that the big ten west rep would get the bid over big ten east #3 (despite rankings)
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,640 Standard Supporter
    So the Rose would take 8-5? Iowa over 10-2 East third place PSU, but not Iowa over 11-1 East second place?

Either you take the conf champ game loser or you don’t.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Iirc the last time it looked like Michigan and Ohio state might both get in, there was a stipulation that the big ten west rep would get the bid over big ten east #3 (despite rankings)
    There is no such stipulation with the Rose Bowl
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    Doogles said:

Michigan and Ohio state almost lost to Illinois and Maryland last night.

It's college football, let it rip, anything's possible.

This. Everybody thinks they have stuff figured out after 7-8 games but the chaos and fuckery never stops.

CFB is like three separate seasons in a season, often with no logical continuity between those seasons.

Except for the 1-2 legitimate balls of steel, big dick teams, who steamroll everyone.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861

disagree Michigan's play absolutely no one and hasn't looked impressive, they're a solid matchup for us. They're Oregon with a better defense and no Troy Franklin. I like that matchup, Marvin Harrison Jr however would send us to the gulag.

disagree Michigan's play absolutely no one and hasn't looked impressive, they're a solid matchup for us. They're Oregon with a better defense and no Troy Franklin. I like that matchup, Marvin Harrison Jr however would send us to the gulag.
    Tell me you haven’t watched Michigan this year without telling me you haven’t watched Michigan.

Tell me you haven’t watched Michigan this year without telling me you haven’t watched Michigan.
    I watched enough of Maryland/Illinois/Iowa games to tell me they aren't a threat throwing the football. Great run game and good defense though.

I watched enough of Maryland/Illinois/Iowa games to tell me they aren't a threat throwing the football. Great run game and good defense though.
    Ah ok, that’s sounds exactly like Oregon.

Ah ok, that’s sounds exactly like Oregon.
    I was mostly comparing the run games but im not a technically gifted writer.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,889 Founders Club
    Penn State loses the two games they play against Ohio State and Michigan and gets a NY6 bowl