Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

World's Saddest Tailgate

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Having lived down in Ducktard land now for a few years, I'm astounded by the number of passionate Jack Quook fans.

I know we? have more than our fair share of Jack Doogs including folks in this space. But the percentage seems to be much higher in Oregon.

For better or worse, Oregon is the South of the West Coast, and southern Oregon is specifically the Alabama/Mississippi. Is that why they've been good at college football, maybe? I'm always shocked when I go there how most places in Oregon are more bizarro fucktarded than rural western Washington and rural Northern California, even in places that have smaller populations than where I am in Oregon.

Also, for better or worse, they have no NFL team there so a lot of people who would be 12s if they had the Portland Meth Addicts in the NFL instead become Duck fans. As much as it would suck to have more 12 type Husky fans, it would help fill the stadium and get it loud on third down.
    Going to the game Saturday I saw a personalize license “DUXHAWK”. Seahawk license plate frame. Oregon bumper stickers.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,134 Founders Club
    edited November 2022

Having lived down in Ducktard land now for a few years, I'm astounded by the number of passionate Jack Quook fans.

I know we? have more than our fair share of Jack Doogs including folks in this space. But the percentage seems to be much higher in Oregon.

For better or worse, Oregon is the South of the West Coast, and southern Oregon is specifically the Alabama/Mississippi. Is that why they've been good at college football, maybe? I'm always shocked when I go there how most places in Oregon are more bizarro fucktarded than rural western Washington and rural Northern California, even in places that have smaller populations than where I am in Oregon.

Also, for better or worse, they have no NFL team there so a lot of people who would be 12s if they had the Portland Meth Addicts in the NFL instead become Duck fans. As much as it would suck to have more 12 type Husky fans, it would help fill the stadium and get it loud on third down.
    Going to the game Saturday I saw a personalize license “DUXHAWK”. Seahawk license plate frame. Oregon bumper stickers.
    I don’t know how ppl watch pro sports, major corporations - redacted - while convincing men that the masculine thing to do is watch other men compete in a silly game.

Bread & circuses designed to dilute our awareness.

I don’t know how ppl watch pro sports, major corporations - redacted - while convincing men that the masculine thing to do is watch other men compete in a silly game.

And wear shirts with other guys names on them. While wearing cargo shorts and crocs.

I tend to agree. On this side of the Cascades in Oregon it's hick AF (even in large chunks of Bend).

I tend to agree. On this side of the Cascades in Oregon it's hick AF (even in large chunks of Bend).
    Is that why you never go on the other side of the Deshuttes?

Is that why you never go on the other side of the Deshuttes?
    I have to cross the Deschutes all the time to run errands, take the kids to the grandparents, drink beer, etc. I just prefer the amenities and housing on the West bank.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

And wear shirts with other guys names on them. While wearing cargo shorts and crocs.
    Probably socks with Crocs, too.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483

RTD said:

The dubs down thing is cringe level stupid. It doesn’t move the needle. When I went to pee I saw a shirt “Ted buddy was a Husky”. It was getting big belly laughs in the bathroom. Seems like it was the first time most had heard that one.

The last time I was in Autzen was 2004, and I was seated at the 40-yard line surrounded by Ducks as far as the eye could see. Some slob walked up the aisle wearing the "Bundy was a Husky" shirt and several people were laughing out loud, they thought it was so clever.

Shirt / Wig combo all time classic bad look.
    Then my wife
    Pics?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,623 Swaye's Wigwam

RTD said:

The dubs down thing is cringe level stupid. It doesn’t move the needle. When I went to pee I saw a shirt “Ted buddy was a Husky”. It was getting big belly laughs in the bathroom. Seems like it was the first time most had heard that one.

The last time I was in Autzen was 2004, and I was seated at the 40-yard line surrounded by Ducks as far as the eye could see. Some slob walked up the aisle wearing the "Bundy was a Husky" shirt and several people were laughing out loud, they thought it was so clever.

I met this guy in the pavilion thing where they have their version of the dreaded Zone. Nice guy. I told him Bundy was a Ute as well. He sounded excited. Then my wife and I told him the story about her and WoolleyDoogs uncle convincing a friend of his that she would love Ellensburg and Central Washington only to be murdered by Bundy within a year. He’s always had some guilt about the recommendation. The guys heart sank a little but not enough to remove the shirt I guess. True story. I know, a little dark. There’s a little more but that’s the readers digest version of it. Shit like this and Cougar fans cheering when Locker looked like he broke his neck is why I’ll never root for those two teams.
    Again, have to be honest. Oregon State people in Corvallis last year were complete assholes. 95% of the fans here were cool.

There's definitely money in central/southern Oregon coming in from WA/CA and those fans are passionate but not complete incel cuog types like I expected.

Most acknowledged it was a close game and UW was awesome on offense and just wanted to party.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club
    haie said:

RTD said:

I met this guy in the pavilion thing where they have their version of the dreaded Zone. Nice guy. I told him Bundy was a Ute as well. He sounded excited. Then my wife and I told him the story about her and WoolleyDoogs uncle convincing a friend of his that she would love Ellensburg and Central Washington only to be murdered by Bundy within a year. He’s always had some guilt about the recommendation. The guys heart sank a little but not enough to remove the shirt I guess. True story. I know, a little dark. There’s a little more but that’s the readers digest version of it. Shit like this and Cougar fans cheering when Locker looked like he broke his neck is why I’ll never root for those two teams.
    Again, have to be honest. Oregon State people in Corvallis last year were complete assholes. 95% of the fans here were cool.

There's definitely money in central/southern Oregon coming in from WA/CA and those fans are passionate but not complete incel cuog types like I expected.

Most acknowledged it was a close game and UW was awesome on offense and just wanted to party.
    I totally agree even the ones with that stupid shirt were fine. I had like three people who were just painfully obnoxious. Even saw a guy kick out his friend below us because he would not stop cruising out a Husky fan in front of him.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club

RTD said:

Then my wife
    Pics?

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,067 Founders Club

Any car flags?
    haie said:

RTD said:

I have zero desire to engage away team fans in a negative or positive way. I do t get it.

They guy who wants to be Nebraska classy and thanks me for coming is just as annoying as the dickhead who wants to pitch shit.

Any car flags?
    Yes. And trunk Pom poms
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,369 Swaye's Wigwam
    Late, but sorry, didn't notice this was in the Pweston thread already. Still, that fucking clown's video deserves two posts. Too bad he didn't wreck his CRX while doing dubs down.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

RTD said:

My uncle met Ted at a young Republicans meeting. Said he was a nice guy.

When I meet people at Green Lake, we would often say, meet at the Ted Bundy parking lot (one by the tennis courts), as they is were he picked up a few girls.

Cool story bro!