Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Price, Browning, Penix, Pickett, Lockner

2»

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Visual of the last and final time I got Sarked. Team fell apart after on its way to the annual 3 game losing streak.

Boat raced by ASU as usual
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

Some just can’t quit Keith Price.

It's not that we can't quit him. It's that the facts are that 2011 Keith Price is one of the better QBs of all time for UW, and the best in a 20 year stretch between Tui and Penix....
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam

Some just can’t quit Keith Price.

It's a fun topic until you come along and ruin it every time. Damn wet blanket.

I'll never pretend to be sure I'm right, but I liked Price as you know. He got sacked about 30 times per season iirc and hit at least 3X that much. It was not a good time to be a marginally mobile, 190lb QB with bad knees.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I don't need stats to know what my eyes tell me, which is that Penix is easily the best thrower of all those QB's listed. His ball placement is far and away better than the others there. Rome is awesome and all, but he's not on the level of 2016 John Ross where you just toss up a floater to him and he outruns the entire defense.

Pocket presence and escapability
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,650 Founders Club

Penix >>>>> Price >>>>>>>>>>> Browning >Pickett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Locker

Price on 2016 UW might possibly win the Natty. This is a hill I will die on.

Price limped along with the worst OL imaginable and still made tons of big dick plays. Huge Keith fan.

Nah. But 2022 Penix on 2016 UW beats USC no problem.
    2011 Keith Price is the best QB UW has ever had not named Michael Penix

I'm not joking. That was 1 man dragging a team to bowl eligibility by his own nutsack.
    Suspect arm strength. Not a ton of touch on anything past 10-15 yards. Browning was probably the better passer. Brunell was pretty good. Never got to see much of the greats before him. But since, I can't remember anyone doing what Penix is. His passes are freakishly good.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,020 Founders Club
    edited November 2022

Browning

Takeaway: Michael Penix is a complete stud in '22 but it is easy to use your selective memory and forget how good Browning was in 16.

Browning is like LeBron.

Puts up world-beater stats but when the game is on the line you find yourself looking around *knowing* he isn't reliable.

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,020 Founders Club
    edited November 2022

pawz said:

Browning

Takeaway: Michael Penix is a complete stud in '22 but it is easy to use your selective memory and forget how good Browning was in 16.

Browning is like LeBron.

Puts up world-beater stats but when the game is on the line you find yourself looking around *knowing* he isn't reliable.

Browning and LeBron have nothing in common and this is a bad analogy.

Go read up on LeBron’s career and get back to me.
    LeBron doesn't have multiple championships without Dwayne Wade. LeBron has a proclivity for passing the ball in key moments.

Simple fact.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

Browning

Browning is like LeBron.

Browning and LeBron have nothing in common and this is a bad analogy.

Go read up on LeBron’s career and get back to me.
    Yeah! Browning doesn't suck Chinese dick for money.

I know, I know, take it to the tug. Take the LeBron talk to the RIP @TheKobeStopper boared.