Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Price, Browning, Penix, Pickett, Lockner

Price

Browning

Penix

Takeaway: Michael Penix is a complete stud in '22 but it is easy to use your selective memory and forget how good Browning was in 16.

Pickett:

Lockner

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,276 Swaye's Wigwam
    I would love to see what Penix would have done against USC in 2016.
  • GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 453
    I’d love to see what Ross would do in this offense
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

Penix >>>>> Price >>>>>>>>>>> Browning >Pickett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Locker

Price on 2016 UW might possibly win the Natty. This is a hill I will die on.

Price limped along with the worst OL imaginable and still made tons of big dick plays. Huge Keith fan.

Nah. But 2022 Penix on 2016 UW beats USC no problem.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,137
    Penix's production for the 2022 Huskies could very well exceed his ENTIRE production at Indiana (4 years). Yeah, looking at total yards passing but still....
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

What a gay thought
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Price limped along with the worst OL imaginable and still made tons of big dick plays. Huge Keith fan.

Nah. But 2022 Penix on 2016 UW beats USC no problem.
    Say 34-17?
  • GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 453

What a gay thought
    Surely better than 5-7, right?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam
    The game has changed and it's easier to out up madden numbers now.

Still, some of the throws Penix throws easily put him up on the list.

Price's arm talent was underrated imo bc "mobile qb" and less talented receivers.

All that said, Jake Browning sucks.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    Doogles said:

Price skipping a ball off the turf short of Kasen Williams against Stanford on the final drive was the day I was done with the Sark era.

Price not in the same category of arm strength as Pickett, Penix, Locker.

Price got destroyed in 2012 and was a shell of himself physically in 2013. Also, I think ASJ dropped a first down prior to that - likely winning or tying the game if he had caught it.

2011 Price is the equivalent of 2016 Browning, but more mobile, better arm, and less 20 yard gumby sacks at home vs USC
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Price skipping a ball off the turf short of Kasen Williams against Stanford on the final drive was the day I was done with the Sark era.

Price not in the same category of arm strength as Pickett, Penix, Locker.

Price got destroyed in 2012 and was a shell of himself physically in 2013. Also, I think ASJ dropped a first down prior to that - likely winning or tying the game if he had caught it.

2011 Price is the equivalent of 2016 Browning, but more mobile, better arm, and less 20 yard gumby sacks at home vs USC
    Isaiah Stanback also was completely waisted talent who got injured bc of a shitty coach.
    If Stanback doesn't get hurt in 2007, UW likely goes something like 7-5
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

probably not cause he didnt have NFL arm talent. Penix absolutely yes.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club

Visual of the last and final time I got Sarked. Team fell apart after on its way to the annual 3 game losing streak.