Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Huskies Stun Ducks in Autzen!

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,831 Founders Club

So some quick Asa Turner hawt talk. Turner must have missed 10 tackles, easy. If he puts the guy on the ground where he engages them he’s probably a defensive hero. The coaches keep saying that they trust him, he’s a film junkie and I get why. He dissects the plays pretty well, he’s in position to end big plays before they happen. You can’t have the opportunity for 20+ tackles as a safety unless you know what you’re looking at. He looks like a veteran safety until he has to hit a guy. He never breaks down. He always flies in and throws a weak ass shoulder into the offensive player. It’s maddening. I think Joey commented about beating ND for him. Do you guys remember that he finally picked UW because there was a bunch of smoke about ND switching him to LB? This kid always knew he was a pussy. I’m done expecting him to be tougher. I was optimistic preseason on Asa Turner Overdrive and I just got more of the same. He’s just not that fuck-you-up guy we all want and will probably play here for another two years because of Covid. I’m at a loss with him.

A lot of words to say he sucks. Welcome to years ago.
    Fair. I’m a Doog at heart. I look at players like Tani Toupo, Andrew Hudson and LAN, who started poorly in their Husky careers and turned it around to be nice/great players for UW with a little development and I held out hope for the same from Turner. No longer. JAG
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,910 Standard Supporter
    "Bundy for the Win, Bitches!"
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club

Not my proudest comment or moment but I honestly find it a little hypocritical that some of those people are profiting off of his image on a shirt
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,683 Founders Club

Not my proudest comment or moment but I honestly find it a little hypocritical that some of those people are profiting off of his image on a shirt
    NIL for serial killers?

It's in my rotation, regardless, for posterity.

Kinda like "sweatpants boner" - which is sadly and grossly underused these days.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 743
    For a moment I thought @JoeEDangerously wanted to meet up with me in Eugene when he was struggling to remember "Doogie McDoogerson".
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club

For a moment I thought @JoeEDangerously wanted to meet up with me in Eugene when he was struggling to remember "Doogie McDoogerson".

You’re actually the name I was thinking but I knew it was wrong.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,153

So some quick Asa Turner hawt talk. Turner must have missed 10 tackles, easy. If he puts the guy on the ground where he engages them he’s probably a defensive hero. The coaches keep saying that they trust him, he’s a film junkie and I get why. He dissects the plays pretty well, he’s in position to end big plays before they happen. You can’t have the opportunity for 20+ tackles as a safety unless you know what you’re looking at. He looks like a veteran safety until he has to hit a guy. He never breaks down. He always flies in and throws a weak ass shoulder into the offensive player. It’s maddening. I think Joey commented about beating ND for him. Do you guys remember that he finally picked UW because there was a bunch of smoke about ND switching him to LB? This kid always knew he was a pussy. I’m done expecting him to be tougher. I was optimistic preseason on Asa Turner Overdrive and I just got more of the same. He’s just not that fuck-you-up guy we all want and will probably play here for another two years because of Covid. I’m at a loss with him.

After the Taki Taimani scenario from last year, I have to think Lanning had a side conversation with Asa Turner after the game. "Hey Asa, you had a lot of tackles that game and we were impressed. How'd you like to make so NIL money?"

NIL for serial killers?

Like it or not, Bundy's performance at Lake Sammamish was the GOAT serial killer performance.

Like it or not, Bundy's performance at Lake Sammamish was the GOAT serial killer performance.
    Usc respects him.
    Unfortunately, after working 25+ years in law enforcement, some shit is creepy and not funny in any context
    Sure, but we shall never forget that motherfucker's name or deeds, even if it takes an occasional off-color comment to sear it into our brains.

And don't blame me. Oregon started it!
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,831 Founders Club

Usc respects him.
    So does Florida State.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,505 Swaye's Wigwam

Usc respects him.
    I can honestly say that he's one of the few recognized names from UW at USC.

#fighton
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

NIL for serial killers?

Usc respects him.
    Unfortunately, after working 25+ years in law enforcement, some shit is creepy and not funny in any context
    @creepycoug FREE PUB!!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    Thanks for giving me a shoutout for my fishing for confirmation that i was FIRST and RIGHT