Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Modern Oregon Coaches By Likability

Comments

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    haie said:

dannarc said:

I don't really mind any of them, it would have been nice to beat the Meat and his dumbass mustache sidekick

Petersen is 5-4 at this point, with this roster.
    LOL........Solid.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

dannarc said:

I don't really mind any of them, it would have been nice to beat the Meat and his dumbass mustache sidekick

LOL........Solid.
    Petersen loses 2/3 to MSU, Cal, and Oregon State.

Stanford is a close win. Maybe.

Story of the year is how he's too big of pussy to let Penix cook, outside of bubble screens to Giles Jackson.

We don't do hypotheticals here, but that's probably how it plays out. He won 7/8 games half his years in power 5.
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

I like all Husky HC, especially all of those involved in 12 consecutive losses to Oregon. Then those involved in 16 of 20 Oregon wins and counting. That's what I like.

Great contribution.

I'm sure you were one of the retard quooks whose head Neuheisel lived in for years.
    Rent Free Bitch.

This from the halfwit that can’t stay off DR.

EMBARRASSING.
    Why wouldn't I post on my board?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

dannarc said:

LOL........Solid.
    Petersen loses 2/3 to MSU, Cal, and Oregon State.

Stanford is a close win. Maybe.

Story of the year is how he's too big of pussy to let Penix cook, outside of bubble screens to Giles Jackson.

We don't do hypotheticals here, but that's probably how it plays out. He won 7/8 games half his years in power 5.
    I agree with all that except Michigan State. Even careful Peterman throttles that shit bird team.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,530 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2022
    Propping up your coach by shitting on the only good one you've? had in 20 years is a new level of doog. No surprise considering the source. Peterman quit, we get it, he was supposed to lead a decade(s) long dynasty. This shit is hilarious tho.
    dtd said:

Propping up your coach by shitting on the only good one you've? had in 20 years is a new level of doog. No surprise considering the source. Peterman quit, we get it, he was supposed to lead a decade(s) long dynasty. This shit is hilarious tho.

Season after winning the conference and having recruiting momentum, Petersen's 8th win was a bowl game against a mountain west team.

Fuck off loser.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,530 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

dtd said:

Season after winning the conference and having recruiting momentum, Petersen's 8th win was a bowl game against a mountain west team.

Fuck off loser.
    lose a CFPO gayme and pop off
    dtd said:

haie said:

dtd said:

Fuck off loser.
    You mean the year he lost to the only other good team in the conference at home that was coached by Clay Helton?

If Deboer goes 2-1 and wins a mediocre bowl he'll have had an equal or better season than every Petersen season except the one mentioned above.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited November 2022

dtd said:

Funny how the coaches who beat the everloving shit out of UW are at the bottom of the list.
    Hating Lanning already for telling some 18 year old to "go eat" seems like really weird angle to take, but okay.

That must be why duck fans loved Rick so much
    Rick was amazing at talking his way into head coaching jobs, particularly Colorado.

Rick was a stellar 2-1 against the Ducks, losing to Oregon in his Rose Bowl season.

No game in 2001. Beat Oregon in 1999 and 2002. Fired after 2002 season.

Slick hung around Washington as a volunteer high school coach while waiting to collect on his lawsuit against UW.

“Slick Rick” with his law degree from USC.

He took over good teams (Colorado and UW) and did well until he recruited his own players.

The face of UW back during Rick’s time at UW. An AD from USC and a head coach from UCLA. What could possibly go wrong?

Washington was trending down when he was fired.

Oh wait, Washington won the mythical “Northwest Championship” in 2002.
    edited November 2022

Rich Brooks' 17-year plan to lose the Rose Bowl

It’s actually amazing that he was able to get a team to win the conference given the lack of support he was given by the AD and boosters.

Phil Knight/Nike didn’t kick in until after the 1995 Rose Bowl.

BTW: Oregon started that season, 1-2, losing to Hawaii on the road and Utah at home.

It was remarkable the Ducks won the conference that year.

Shout out to Damon Huard and Kenny Wheaton for the memories.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club
    trublue said:

It’s actually amazing that he was able to get a team to win the conference given the lack of support he was given by the AD and boosters.

BTW: Oregon started that season, 1-2, losing to Hawaii on the road and Utah at home.

We know all that. My line was a longstanding joke around these parts. @iDawg always said that Brooks' 17-year plan made the Communists' plan look like child's play
    edited November 2022

trublue said:

We know all that. My line was a longstanding joke around these parts. @iDawg always said that Brooks' 17-year plan made the Communists' plan look like child's play
    It was actually very pathetic what Brooks had to work with. Oregon was so desperate they hired a Beaver alum as Head Coach,

It was fun being a fan because they always played hard at home. Brooks was a hard-nosed defensive minded coach who ran a very predictable offense.

God help a running back who fumbled. To the bench. When you came back, another fumble, you may be in the Dawg house for the season.

Penn State had a great team in 1994.

Oregon did not have the level of talent nor the depth.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,295 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

Given it's "Hate Week" how would you rank the Oregon coaches by which ones you can or can't stand the most since college football was invented in 1994?

Most Likable
    1. Taggart - Got the fuck out of Eugene at the first opportunity. The fact he even went 7-6 and hasn't been able to put up anything better since in equally easy situations is a testament to the mystery that is Oregon success.
    2. Helfrich - Can't think of a less of a personality for a head coach. He also delivered the 70-21 jubilation in Eugene.
    3. Brooks - Too young to remember this dude. Maybe he sucked. He got out of Eugene quick though which I commend and quickly found out that you can't be average and suck and reach great heights once you're out of the shroud of that program. He was there for 17 seasons LMAO!!
    4. Bellotti - The first I don't like. Never took another job too because he knew he would suck without Nike.
    5. Chipper - He's kind of got a thing with Husky fans like Libs have with George W now where in hindsight he doesn't seem so bad. Personally I kind of actually liked Chip's odd no bullshit persona and I don't think he ever preached hating Washington. I hate the temporary shitty hurry up bullshit he started though and he should have left earlier.
    6. Lanning - I'm shocked this guy is anything but roadkill as a head coach. Entire vibe is fake door to door solar panel salesman or Verizon booth at the mall legend.
    7. Crisco - Fuck this guy. Reignited an unnecessary hate for Washington and was just a giant doofus who is a joke of a coach outside of the Nike shroud. It's too bad Miami didn't actually play Washington in 91 because there'd assuredly be footage of Emptman trash compacting him.
    Least Likable

I meant he got out of there the first opportunity he got unlike the guys after him. Though, in minor defense of those guys, the program was in much better places when they were getting offers. I will say Chip was super smart to wait until he got the Eagles offer instead of taking a shitty NFL offer, which is what separates him from a lot of meathead football coaches. I think Crisco was too scurred and new he was a pretender other than the Miami job that he finally had to take.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    They're all dicks. Fuck 'em.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788
    edited November 2022
    This thread is AIDS. Not like 2022 AIDS but more like the 1989 varietal
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    dnc said:

1. Brooks - Nebraska classy. Knew his place. If he's good enough for @DongJames he's good enough fo me.
    2. Chip - Could have helped us get rid of Sark much sooner but was too break out the plunger. Grudging respect. Winners win.
    3. Helfrich - Needed more tim.
    4. Booger finger - Hasn't given me reason to hate him. Yet.
    5. Bellotti - Leveled Oregon up but was basically their Lambo, shitty stache and all. Nothing special.
    6. Taggert - Blessed us with memes but a hatable persona.
    7. Crisco - Turned @creepycoug into a fucking Quook. Unforgivable.

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    dtd said:

haie said:

dtd said:

Fuck off loser.
    Imagine being a butthurt loser for this long over Peterson leaving you because he fell out of love. LOL.................................