Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Modern Oregon Coaches By Likability

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,295 Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
Given it's "Hate Week" how would you rank the Oregon coaches by which ones you can or can't stand the most since college football was invented in 1994?

Most Likable
1. Taggart - Got the fuck out of Eugene at the first opportunity. The fact he even went 7-6 and hasn't been able to put up anything better since in equally easy situations is a testament to the mystery that is Oregon success.
2. Helfrich - Can't think of a less of a personality for a head coach. He also delivered the 70-21 jubilation in Eugene.
3. Brooks - Too young to remember this dude. Maybe he sucked. He got out of Eugene quick though which I commend and quickly found out that you can't be average and suck and reach great heights once you're out of the shroud of that program.
4. Bellotti - The first I don't like. Never took another job too because he knew he would suck without Nike.
5. Chipper - He's kind of got a thing with Husky fans like Libs have with George W now where in hindsight he doesn't seem so bad. Personally I kind of actually liked Chip's odd no bullshit persona and I don't think he ever preached hating Washington. I hate the temporary shitty hurry up bullshit he started though and he should have left earlier.
6. Lanning - I'm shocked this guy is anything but roadkill as a head coach. Entire vibe is fake door to door solar panel salesman or Verizon booth at the mall legend.
7. Crisco - Fuck this guy. Reignited an unnecessary hate for Washington and was just a giant doofus who is a joke of a coach outside of the Nike shroud. It's too bad Miami didn't actually play Washington in 91 because there'd assuredly be footage of Emptman trash compacting him.
Least Likable

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Peak 2009- 12 Chip is still one of best college coaches of the past 20 years.

Satan
    Urbs
    Dabo
    Carrol
    Chip

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Lanning looks night and day different than he did at the beginning of the year. Kudos to him for entering that 30 day outpatient treatment
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club

Given it's "Hate Week" how would you rank the Oregon coaches by which ones you can or can't stand the most since college football was invented in 1994?

Most Likable
    1. Taggart - Got the fuck out of Eugene at the first opportunity. The fact he even went 7-6 and hasn't been able to put up anything better since in equally easy situations is a testament to the mystery that is Oregon success.
    2. Helfrich - Can't think of a less of a personality for a head coach. He also delivered the 70-21 jubilation in Eugene.
    3. Brooks - Too young to remember this dude. Maybe he sucked. He got out of Eugene quick after losing a Rose Bowl though which I commend and quickly found out that you can't be average and suck and reach great heights once you're out of the shroud of that program.
    4. Bellotti - The first I don't like. Never took another job too because he knew he would suck without Nike.
    5. Chipper - He's kind of got a thing with Husky fans like Libs have with George W now where in hindsight he doesn't seem so bad. Personally I kind of actually liked Chip's odd no bullshit persona and I don't think he ever preached hating Washington. I hate the temporary shitty hurry up bullshit he started though and he should have left earlier.
    6. Lanning - I'm shocked this guy is anything but roadkill as a head coach. Entire vibe is fake door to door solar panel salesman or Verizon booth at the mall legend.
    7. Crisco - Fuck this guy. Reignited an unnecessary hate for Washington and was just a giant doofus who is a joke of a coach outside of the Nike shroud. It's too bad Miami didn't actually play Washington in 91 because there'd assuredly be footage of Emptman trash compacting him.
    Least Likable

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,530 Standard Supporter

Most Likable
    3. Brooks - Too young to remember this dude. Maybe he sucked. He got out of Eugene quick when he finally could though which I commend and quickly found out that you can't be average and suck and reach great heights once you're out of the shroud of that program.
    Least Likable

Funny how the coaches who beat the everloving shit out of UW are at the bottom of the list.
    Hating Lanning already for telling some 18 year old to "go eat" seems like really weird angle to take, but okay.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    dtd said:

Funny how the coaches who beat the everloving shit out of UW are at the bottom of the list.
    Hating Lanning already for telling some 18 year old to "go eat" seems like really weird angle to take, but okay.

That must be why duck fans loved Rick so much
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

I like all Husky HC, especially all of those involved in 12 consecutive losses to Oregon. Then those involved in 16 of 20 Oregon wins and counting. That's what I like.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

I like all Husky HC, especially all of those involved in 12 consecutive losses to Oregon. Then those involved in 16 of 20 Oregon wins and counting. That's what I like.

Great contribution.

I'm sure you were one of the retard quooks whose head Neuheisel lived in for years.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Most Likable
    3. Brooks - Too young to remember this dude. Maybe he sucked. He got out of Eugene quick though which I commend and quickly found out that you can't be average and suck and reach great heights once you're out of the shroud of that program. He was there for 17 seasons LMAO!!
    Least Likable

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

I don't really mind any of them, it would have been nice to beat the Meat and his dumbass mustache sidekick

Petersen is 5-4 at this point, with this roster.

dtd said:

That must be why duck fans loved Rick so much
    Beat the shit out of us? at Colorado too.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,295 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I hated Crisco because the UW program was at it's post 2001 peak and lost to him.

Losing to him also had a lot to do with Petersen pissing away games. The losses in 2018 & 2019 were more than avoidable.

I don't hate Meat as much as I hate Petersen.

But, I digress.
    Fair. I would also throw blame at Jen yet again for 2018. You have to find a way for the Pac-12 to not fuck you and give Oregon a bye before that game and you a road game in LA. But still fuck Petersen for playing for the field goal and for not playing Ulofoshio in 2019.

Also fuck the Pac-12 for scheduling Colorado the week before UW for Oregon three-straight seasons. There's no way that's not some sweetheart deal they're working out with them.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

Great contribution.

I'm sure you were one of the retard quooks whose head Neuheisel lived in for years.
    Rent Free Bitch.

This from the halfwit that can’t stay off DR.

EMBARRASSING.