Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon State beats Oregon at home

2»

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Possible. Worse beav teams have beaten Oregon before. .

When?

Oregon State upsets No. 9 Oregon 41-38 on Nolan's late run

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- — Taking his first college snap after starting quarterback Tristan Gebbia limped off, Chance Nolan scored on a 1-yard, fourth-down run with 33 seconds left to give Oregon State a 41-38 upset victory over No. 9 Oregon on Friday night.

Jermar Jefferson ran for 226 yards and two touchdowns to help the Beavers (2-2) win their second straight game. Jefferson has run for at least 100 yards in each of Oregon State’s four games and is on pace to hit 1,000 despite the short season.

If Tyler Shough was still throwing passes here, I'd agree. Hell, if Ty Thompson was throwing passes, I'd agree. Bo Nix isn't the second coming of Marcus Mariota, but he is having the most impact since Mariota. What about Herbert? Herbert was great, but he wasn't as impactful. Not his fault, more the fault of the Rich Brooks offense that Mario loved to jerk off to. Bo Nix has a head coach that allows his offensive coordinator to be creative and run a system that emphasizes Nix's strengths.
    I see you’re replying to me with a bunch a stuff, but not sure why.

I think we’ve come to the conclusion that “bad OSU teams beat good Oregon teams” is fake news because it hasn’t happened in at least 25 years.

Just like we said. As always.

Except for 2020.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

Both teams finished 9-4 Bavs with the better league record. Not very likely that team is worse than this one.

Also, Oregon didn't have an established starter in that 2007 game. They lost both Dennis Dixon and Brady Leaf just a couple weeks prior. They started one kid who was a bust in a 16-0 loss to UCLA the week prior. I think they started Justin Roper in this game (his first ever start), and even with that, Beavs had to win in overtime.

And that team was still better than this one.
    Roper was insane that game.
    13-25 144yds 2td (3 if you count his rushing td) 1int that one pick being a pick 6

I wouldn't call that insane. He didn't lose them the game if that's what you mean. But I would probably given the circumstances (first ever start), call his game satisfactory.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

I think we’ve come to the conclusion that “bad OSU teams beat good Oregon teams” is fake news because it hasn’t happened in at least 25 years.

It was nothing to get worked up over. I've paid only casual attention, but I thought I could vaguely remember a couple of surprising upsets in the civil war game.

I dont feel too bad if I'm wrong. It was an innocuous mistake anywhere but here.
    Don’t take it personal, pal. Was just the end of the discussion.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Except for 2020.
    You mean the season where 3-1 Washington won the Northern Division?

I was under the misunderstanding the COVID season had little meaning or significance.

Except for 2020.
    Oregon was 4-3 in 2020. But sure.

Except for 2020.

Except for 2020.
    When they played, Oregon was #9. But sure.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

It was nothing to get worked up over. I've paid only casual attention, but I thought I could vaguely remember a couple of surprising upsets in the civil war game.

I dont feel too bad if I'm wrong. It was an innocuous mistake anywhere but here.
    I'm not, not a big thing. Was just saying.

But...I didn't say bad osu teams have beaten good UO teams. I think i said worse OSU teams than this one have beaten Oregon before.

My unpopular opinion is that OSU is not a bad team on the strength of their defense. If you're one dimensional, like UW, they cause problems. UW was able to adjust, barely.

Oregon has good running backs and a good running threat at QB, hence it would take some weird, rivalry game nonsense to make Beavis much of a threat this year. That's all I meant.

Except for 2020.

Except for 2020.
    When they played, Oregon was #9. But sure.
    👌
    chuck said:

chuck said:

But...I didn't say bad osu teams have beaten good UO teams. I think i said worse OSU teams than this one have beaten Oregon before.

My unpopular opinion is that OSU is not a bad team on the strength of their defense. If you're one dimensional, like UW, they cause problems. UW was able to adjust, barely.

Oregon has good running backs and a good running threat at QB, hence it would take some weird, rivalry game nonsense to make Beavis much of a threat this year. That's all I meant.

Sometimes I wish you would just shut up, Chuck.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I mostly agree with your take. The Beavs played the Ducks tough, particularly during the early Riley/Erickson eras, particularly at home.

Jonathan Smith does more with less. Games at Reser will no longer be gimmees IMHO. The portal has provided a huge gift to the Beavs.

I have massive respect for Smith’s ability to become a very good PAC-10 QB given that he was a walk-on with none of the normal measurables (Height, speed, arm strength, non-athletic body type). He ended up starting for 3-1/2 years on very good OSU teams, except his senior year.

Dude is a student of the game.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Don't worry I always do. I'll lose interest and drift off. Right now this forum is always good for some traffic and amusement when others aren't.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Don't worry I always do. I'll lose interest and drift off. Right now this forum is always good for some traffic and amusement when others aren't.
    Agreed. The duck bored is arguably the most entertaining bored here at HH right now.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

When?

Oregon State upsets No. 9 Oregon 41-38 on Nolan's late run

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- — Taking his first college snap after starting quarterback Tristan Gebbia limped off, Chance Nolan scored on a 1-yard, fourth-down run with 33 seconds left to give Oregon State a 41-38 upset victory over No. 9 Oregon on Friday night.

Jermar Jefferson ran for 226 yards and two touchdowns to help the Beavers (2-2) win their second straight game. Jefferson has run for at least 100 yards in each of Oregon State’s four games and is on pace to hit 1,000 despite the short season.

If Tyler Shough was still throwing passes here, I'd agree. Hell, if Ty Thompson was throwing passes, I'd agree. Bo Nix isn't the second coming of Marcus Mariota, but he is having the most impact since Mariota. What about Herbert? Herbert was great, but he wasn't as impactful. Not his fault, more the fault of the Rich Brooks offense that Mario loved to jerk off to. Bo Nix has a head coach that allows his offensive coordinator to be creative and run a system that emphasizes Nix's strengths.
    I hear they only let Nix do what he does in order to try and get attention and to excite the fags on Twitter.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

Both teams finished 9-4 Bavs with the better league record. Not very likely that team is worse than this one.

Also, Oregon didn't have an established starter in that 2007 game. They lost both Dennis Dixon and Brady Leaf just a couple weeks prior. They started one kid who was a bust in a 16-0 loss to UCLA the week prior. I think they started Justin Roper in this game (his first ever start), and even with that, Beavs had to win in overtime.

And that team was still better than this one.
    Memory of that game is foggy but did Roper even start that game? I thought he came in after whoever started got hurt.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    a whole thread about a tiresome and boring rivalry to go along with the other milk-toast pac 12 rivalries. ooh the BIG game about which literally nobody GAF.

and during fuck-you week leading up to the only P12 rivalry worth a shit. Benny will have his 15 seconds of attention in a couple of weeks.

a whole thread about a tiresome and boring rivalry to go along with the other milk-toast pac 12 rivalries. ooh the BIG game about which literally nobody GAF.

and during fuck-you week leading up to the only P12 rivalry worth a shit. Benny will have his 15 seconds of attention in a couple of weeks.

Go the Miami bored asshole.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

edited November 2022
    Cody Kempt started against UCLA. Brady Leaf and Justin Roper played after Kempt threw 2 interceptions.

Roper started and played the entire game at OSEwe.

Kempt and Roper both left the program with Kempt landing at Montana State and Roper at Montana, respectively.
    edited November 2022

Go to the Beaver Refuge, asshole SNITCH!