Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon State beats Oregon at home

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
8-3 Oregon State will beat top 10 ranked Oregon at home to finish the Season. Johnathan Smith will out coach Oregon for the win.

Comments

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

If Nolan is back, possible. If the dude last night is under center....LOL.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

8-3 Oregon State will beat top 10 ranked Oregon at home to finish the Season. Johnathan Smith will out coach Oregon for the win.

You don’t care what anyone says that was a GOOD Oregon State team?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

If Nolan is back, possible. If the dude last night is under center....LOL.

....throwing 5+ picks in a game again?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Possible. Worse beav teams have beaten Oregon before. Maybe they can slow down the duck offense long enough to get a break or two and get ahead, make Oregon dimensional, and hang on.

Once Oregon crushes UW I won't care one way or the other.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Possible. Worse beav teams have beaten Oregon before. .

When?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

When?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

Both teams finished 9-4 Bavs with the better league record. Not very likely that team is worse than this one.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

Both teams finished 9-4 Bavs with the better league record. Not very likely that team is worse than this one.

I didn't realize until listening to the pregame show that this beavlet team is mostly seniors and redshirt juniors starting. Pretty poor for having that kind of experience. Also incredible that Gebbia the quook killer couldn't beat out these two shitty quarterbacks.

Flyover Cup won't be close.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

When?

Oregon State upsets No. 9 Oregon 41-38 on Nolan's late run

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- — Taking his first college snap after starting quarterback Tristan Gebbia limped off, Chance Nolan scored on a 1-yard, fourth-down run with 33 seconds left to give Oregon State a 41-38 upset victory over No. 9 Oregon on Friday night.

Jermar Jefferson ran for 226 yards and two touchdowns to help the Beavers (2-2) win their second straight game. Jefferson has run for at least 100 yards in each of Oregon State’s four games and is on pace to hit 1,000 despite the short season.

• Options
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

I didn't realize until listening to the pregame show that this beavlet team is mostly seniors and redshirt juniors starting. Pretty poor for having that kind of experience. Also incredible that Gebbia the quook killer couldn't beat out these two shitty quarterbacks.

12 Seniors
    27 Juniors
    28 Sophomores
    53 Freshmen

This is a YOUNG OSU team, despite what Dick Baird, Softy, and Huge Mellon told you.
  • Options

chuck said:

When?

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- — Taking his first college snap after starting quarterback Tristan Gebbia limped off, Chance Nolan scored on a 1-yard, fourth-down run with 33 seconds left to give Oregon State a 41-38 upset victory over No. 9 Oregon on Friday night.

Jermar Jefferson ran for 226 yards and two touchdowns to help the Beavers (2-2) win their second straight game. Jefferson has run for at least 100 yards in each of Oregon State’s four games and is on pace to hit 1,000 despite the short season.

Fair. Forgot about that one. But that was a bad, bad Oregon team except for one magical night in an empty Los Angeles coliseum.

I don’t remember a lot from that season other than whispering towards the television “what… the fuck…is this?”
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

12 Seniors
    27 Juniors
    28 Sophomores
    53 Freshmen

This is a YOUNG OSU team, despite what Dick Baird, Softy, and Huge Mellon told you.
    🍺
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

12 Seniors
    27 Juniors
    28 Sophomores
    53 Freshmen

🍺
    To be fair the part about upper class starters might be kinda accurate. I know we start a 7th year safety, and RS Sr. Colletto plays 8 positions so…
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2022

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

Also, Oregon didn't have an established starter in that 2007 game. They lost both Dennis Dixon and Brady Leaf just a couple weeks prior. They started one kid who was a bust in a 16-0 loss to UCLA the week prior. I think they started Justin Roper in this game (his first ever start), and even with that, Beavs had to win in overtime.

And that team was still better than this one.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

chuck said:

When?

If Tyler Shough was still throwing passes here, I'd agree. Hell, if Ty Thompson was throwing passes, I'd agree. Bo Nix isn't the second coming of Marcus Mariota, but he is having the most impact since Mariota. What about Herbert? Herbert was great, but he wasn't as impactful. Not his fault, more the fault of the Rich Brooks offense that Mario loved to jerk off to. Bo Nix has a head coach that allows his offensive coordinator to be creative and run a system that emphasizes Nix's strengths.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I think we’ve come to the conclusion that “bad OSU teams beat good Oregon teams” is fake news because it hasn’t happened in at least 25 years.

Just like we said. As always.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

Also, Oregon didn't have an established starter in that 2007 game. They lost both Dennis Dixon and Brady Leaf just a couple weeks prior. They started one kid who was a bust in a 16-0 loss to UCLA the week prior. I think they started Justin Roper in this game (his first ever start), and even with that, Beavs had to win in overtime.

Roper was insane that game.
  • Options

chuck said:

When?

If Tyler Shough was still throwing passes here, I'd agree. Hell, if Ty Thompson was throwing passes, I'd agree. Bo Nix isn't the second coming of Marcus Mariota, but he is having the most impact since Mariota. What about Herbert? Herbert was great, but he wasn't as impactful. Not his fault, more the fault of the Rich Brooks offense that Mario loved to jerk off to. Bo Nix has a head coach that allows his offensive coordinator to be creative and run a system that emphasizes Nix's strengths.
    Brooks got excited if a trap went for 7 yards with Vince Williams.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think we’ve come to the conclusion that “bad OSU teams beat good Oregon teams” is fake news because it hasn’t happened in at least 25 years.

Just like we said. As always.

It was nothing to get worked up over. I've paid only casual attention, but I thought I could vaguely remember a couple of surprising upsets in the civil war game.

I dont feel too bad if I'm wrong. It was an innocuous mistake anywhere but here.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2022

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

46XiJCAB said:

SFGbob said:

chuck said:

When?
    👌

Roper was insane that game.
    Roper and especially, JStew, were nails in the 2007 Sun Bowl game against Univ. South Florida, winning 56-21.

With a few weeks to prepare for the Bowl game, Roper made incredible strides in running the offense.