Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LOL @ Bama

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Rome razed Carthage and sowed the land with salt. If that isn't winning rather easily, say, 34-17, I don't know what is.

Your eyes are as good as mine.

Winning rather easily, say 34-17 is Caesar setting foot over the Rubicon. You're only looking at the second half.

"Hannibal of Carthage was the most formidable and ingenious enemy that Rome ever faced. He was the driving force and mastermind behind the Second Punic War, which was a drawn out, disastrous, and nearly fatal struggle for Rome. Although at the time the war broke out, Rome was a very established power, and seemed to have the decided advantage, Hannibal's military genius, and propensity for brilliantly exploiting Rome's internal divisions and weaknesses nearly destroyed the city. Hannibal's brilliant military stratagems, as well as the missteps and defensive strategies of the Roman generals are still studied in military history today."
    "The war was to a considerable extent initiated by Rome, but is marked by Hannibal's surprising overland journey and his costly crossing of the Alps, followed by his reinforcement by Gallic allies and crushing victories over Roman armies in the battle of the Trebia and the giant ambush at Trasimene. In the following year (216), Hannibal's army defeated the Romans again, this time in southern Italy at Cannae. In consequence of these defeats, many Roman allies went over to Carthage, prolonging the war in Italy for over a decade. Against Hannibal's skill on the battlefield, the Romans deployed the Fabian strategy. Roman forces were more capable in siegecraft than the Carthaginians and recaptured all of the major cities that had joined the enemy, as well as defeating a Carthaginian attempt to reinforce Hannibal at the battle of the Metaurus. In the meantime, in Iberia, which served as the main source of manpower for the Carthaginian army, a second Roman expedition under Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus Major took Carthago Nova by assault and ended Carthaginian rule over Iberia in the battle of Ilipa. The final showdown was the Battle of Zama in Africa between Scipio Africanus and Hannibal, resulting in the latter's defeat and the imposition of harsh peace conditions on Carthage, which ceased to be a major power and became a Roman client-state."

Sounds to me like Carthage got off to a pretty decent start, say 17-6?

Then Rome came back in the second half, scored 28 straight points, and fucking took over all of Cathage's empire.

Rather easily.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

we want bama

Crisped
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Close the fucking gates, Derek!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I really hope Sark and USC fool themselves into thinking they can take on Alabama. I really want to see Nick Saban supply the plunger to Sark.

Is that 2016 meeting in Cowboys new stadium official? I sure hope so.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Finest kine, this thread.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    Founders Club
    Roman Empire superiority guys uitb
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tough to win playing a ranked Rome at altitude in the Alps.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited June 2014
    Looks like the Romans just needed to wait until Scipio Africanus got his own guys in there.

(seriously everyone should watch HBO's Rome if they havent already. Great show)
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

Looks like the Romans just needed to wait until Scipio Africanus got his own guys in there.

(seriously everyone should watch HBO's Rome if they havent already. Great show)

Read it out.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I'd say the Vandals who actually sacked Rome were a greater opponent than Hannibal and Carthage, which as previously stated got raped by Rome in the end.

Idaho was serious back then...
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'd say the Vandals who actually sacked Rome were a greater opponent than Hannibal and Carthage, which as previously stated got raped by Rome in the end.

Vandals only sacked Rome because politicians had fucked the place up beyond repair. Rome's military was a relative joke 200 years after it was unstoppable
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Vandals only sacked Rome because politicians had fucked the place up beyond repair. Rome's military was a relative joke 200 years after it was unstoppable
    No need to twist. You're trying to say the implosion was imminent.

• Options

So Rome had a bad HC/AD. Great doog excuse as always.

Vandals still won the game.

Scoreboard baby.

#Wheelhouse
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Scoreboard baby.

#Wheelhouse
    Since when do Doogs blame the bad HC ever?!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Scoreboard baby.

#Wheelhouse
    It was a great preview to the legendary Vandals threepeat over the Coogs at Martin P. Vandal Stadium.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Scoreboard baby.

#Wheelhouse
    Since when do Doogs blame the bad HC ever?!
    HNMCRYK
  • Options
    Founders Club

Scoreboard baby.

#Wheelhouse

Rome had a bad admin, bad head coach, bad coaching staff, and shitty players.

The Vandals would've gotten assfucked 100 years earlier, before the decline. They did eventually get assfucked by other barb tribes.

You're a dumbfuck as usual.

• Options

Scoreboard baby.

#Wheelhouse

Rome had a bad admin, bad head coach, bad coaching staff, and shitty players.

The Vandals would've gotten assfucked 100 years earlier, before the decline. They did eventually get assfucked by other barb tribes.

You're a dumbfuck as usual.

Woulda shoulda coulda...the calling card of the doog.

Same as you ever was.