Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LOL @ Bama

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
You know, if the SEC would just schedule 9 conference games like every other non-peckerwood, non-inbred conference they might not have this problem...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/24575829/alabama-desperate-for-12th-game-in-2015-will-take-anybody

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pool Boy is too big a pussy to get on the phone and negotiate a home-and-home with Bammer.

Which is why he should DIAFF.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Everyone is scared to play them.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I wish we would take them on.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Part of the issue is that Bama wants their home game first. You know they will cancel the return trip. I actually respect Pool Boy and any other AD who would demand that they travel on the front end.

I say fuck the respect and we take our asses to Tuscaloosa regardless of whether they go to Eugene or not. If you fight Rome you go to Rome, you don't demand that they travel to Specka Onna Mappia.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited May 2014
    Fuck that, we're already playing Michigan State @ East Lansing next fall
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They are so desperate they'll even take a home-and-home.....unbelievable
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Ask for $5mil and a neutral site. They might just go for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Ask for $5mil and a neutral site. They might just go for it.

Neutral sites to the SEC are 200 miles or less from their home cities. Oregon played LSU at the completely neutral Cowboy Stadium.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Part of the issue is that Bama wants their home game first. You know they will cancel the return trip. I actually respect Pool Boy and any other AD who would demand that they travel on the front end.

I say fuck the respect and we take our asses to Tuscaloosa regardless of whether they go to Eugene or not. If you fight Rome you go to Rome, you don't demand that they travel to Specka Onna Mappia.
    Terrible fucking analogy, as usual.

A powerful empire like Rome should be able to take the fight to the road.

You know, that's kinda how they got a fucking empire in the first place.

Please die in a fire.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Non-PecKKKerwoods?
  • Options

AZDuck said:

Please die in a fire.

Hannibal, Rome's greatest opponent, disagrees. Now go build a pyre for yourself. The angry mob will light the flame.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Please die in a fire.

Hannibal, Rome's greatest opponent, disagrees.
    Another terrible analogy. Rome eventually defeated Hannibal rather easily, and then went on to rape Carthage and sow the fields with salt.

Rome's greatest opponent was its own crippling corruption
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You guys are idiots.

Lead was Rome's greatest opponent.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

Please die in a fire.

Another terrible analogy. Rome eventually defeated Hannibal rather easily, and then went on to rape Carthage and sow the fields with salt.

If you think they defeated Hannibal 34-17 you need to hit the history books again brah. Try a herd of motherfucking elephants over the Alps. That guy wasn't a pussy.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Please die in a fire.

If you think they defeated Hannibal 34-17 you need to hit the history books again brah. Try a herd of motherfucking elephants over the Alps. That guy wasn't a pussy.
    He wasn't a pussy. He won some battles but lost the war. Most of his elephants froze to death in the alps.

Next.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Rome razed Carthage and sowed the land with salt. If that isn't winning rather easily, say, 34-17, I don't know what is.

Your eyes are as good as mine.

Winning rather easily, say 34-17 is Caesar setting foot over the Rubicon. You're only looking at the second half.

"Hannibal of Carthage was the most formidable and ingenious enemy that Rome ever faced. He was the driving force and mastermind behind the Second Punic War, which was a drawn out, disastrous, and nearly fatal struggle for Rome. Although at the time the war broke out, Rome was a very established power, and seemed to have the decided advantage, Hannibal's military genius, and propensity for brilliantly exploiting Rome's internal divisions and weaknesses nearly destroyed the city. Hannibal's brilliant military stratagems, as well as the missteps and defensive strategies of the Roman generals are still studied in military history today."