Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Question tim for the bored board

2»

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,263
    TheHB said:

For a 5-star recruit, Smalls sucks balls. You can explain away his shittiness all you want, but he should have been a 3-star based on what he’s shown to date.

If that.

5-star year three should be a starter.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    LebamDawg said:

I'd trade Odunze to Texas for their best defensive player of our choice

Defensive player? We have an outstanding 5 star DL right now
    Here is his current stats

another overhyped, overrated PNW recruit…

Anyone who actually watched Smalls in HS saw an early bloomer playing well against little PNW coffee barista twinks

People who live in the PNW do not understand how vastly easy competition is compared to teams in Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, or Georgia.

Even the little all white honkeyville districts have a big boy or two that could have matched up with Smalls in atleast size in high school.

Don’t twist, Smalls could still get it together and turn into a solid player, but dominating while being lazy in high school is a TUFF habit to break.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    Glad this thread is on defense where we? Don’t need to talk 5 star QBs
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

For a 5-star recruit, Smalls sucks balls. You can explain away his shittiness all you want, but he should have been a 3-star based on what he’s shown to date.

If that.

5-star year three should be a starter.
    Should be a very good starter. Not JAG.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022
    TheHB said:

If that.

Doesn't his recruiting thread still hold the world record here for page length?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    A mind is a terrible thing to bottle.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,735 Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

A bottle is a terrible thing to mind.

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,370
    LebamDawg said:

WE ALWAYS LOSE ON REAL GRASS!!!1!!

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,830 Founders Club

TheHB said:

A mind is a terrible thing to taste.

A fun album.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,492 Standard Supporter

TheHB said:

A mind is a terrible thing to taste.

A fun album.
    https://youtu.be/EM5DOSC0jUo
    edited October 2022
    I certainly hope you guys have seen this movie:

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

LebamDawg said:

Defensive player? We have an outstanding 5 star DL right now
    Here is his current stats

another overhyped, overrated PNW recruit…

Anyone who actually watched Smalls in HS saw an early bloomer playing well against little PNW coffee barista twinks

People who live in the PNW do not understand how vastly easy competition is compared to teams in Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, or Georgia.

Even the little all white honkeyville districts have a big boy or two that could have matched up with Smalls in atleast size in high school.

Don’t twist, Smalls could still get it together and turn into a solid player, but dominating while being lazy in high school is a TUFF habit to break.
    He was never good as an upper classmen in high school either. Many experts told me stats don’t matter and not to worry about it. He is just not good. Maybe as a senior he can contribute somehow.
    On the point made about HS habits, I think that's right ... you can see what a kid is made of on either side of the competition line. I imagine Mark Bruener - yes, I'm gratuitously shilling a Bobcat - found it not very hard playing in AA (or A or whatever they were by then) football down in the Evergreen League or whatever version of the BHL existed by then. But he still played hard ... I can attest to this. Kid was a merciless animal in HS. So when he played in the East / West game with Bledsoe, Lake Dawson and a shit load of other good recruits from that class, he still stood out and you knew what you had.