Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PAC-12 Title Game Path

2»

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,640 Standard Supporter
    Multiple-Team Ties

In the event of a tie between more than two teams, the following procedures will be used. After one team has an advantage and is “seeded”, all remaining teams in the multiple-team tie-breaker will repeat the multiple-team tie-breaking procedure. If at any point the multiple-team tie is reduced to two teams, the two-team tie-breaking procedure will be applied.

Head-to-head (best cumulative win percentage in games among the tied teams). If not every tied team has played each other, go to step 2.
    Win percentage against all common conference opponents (must be common among all teams involved in the tie)
    Record against the next highest placed common opponent in the standings (based on record in all games played within the conference), proceeding through the standings.
    When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s win percentage against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
    Combined win percentage in conference games of conference opponents (ie, strength of conference schedule)
    Highest ranking by SportSource Analytics (team Rating Score metric) following the last weekend of regular-season games.
    Coin toss

https://pac-12.com/football/standings
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,505 Swaye's Wigwam

If USC, UW, and Utah win out, then USC beats Utah, it creates an interesting scenario

I think Utah would still go to the Rose, but UW at 10-2 likely gets an NY6

Utah would be 10-3 with 2 conference losses and UW would be 10-2. I think Utah gets the Rose there by virtue of finishing 2nd, technically

We should all be Duck fans this weekend @JoeEDangerously .

If you aren't, you're a Doog.

Doog
    An alleged Husky fan who is obsessed with Oregon. Would like to see Oregon lose as much (or more than) seeing Washington win. The UW equivalent of a Coog.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/19794/new-glossary-of-hhb-terms-and-catch-phrases-revised-may-2015/p1
    I can't root for monkey pox?
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club

If USC, UW, and Utah win out, then USC beats Utah, it creates an interesting scenario

Utah would be 10-3 with 2 conference losses and UW would be 10-2. I think Utah gets the Rose there by virtue of finishing 2nd, technically

Doog
    An alleged Husky fan who is obsessed with Oregon. Would like to see Oregon lose as much (or more than) seeing Washington win. The UW equivalent of a Coog.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/19794/new-glossary-of-hhb-terms-and-catch-phrases-revised-may-2015/p1
    I’ll be happy if they win. Fan? Let’s just say deeply closeted. Also you can’t ask me on the way home from Autzen
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club

Doog

I can't root for monkey pox?
    My general rooting interest in these cases is a sinkhole
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,134 Founders Club

Doog

I’ll be happy if they win. Fan? Let’s just say deeply closeted. Also you can’t ask me on the way home from Autzen
    And if the boys wanna fight, you better let 'em?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    This is HH, we don't deal in hypotheticals
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,640 Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

Multiple-Team Ties

In the event of a tie between more than two teams, the following procedures will be used. After one team has an advantage and is “seeded”, all remaining teams in the multiple-team tie-breaker will repeat the multiple-team tie-breaking procedure. If at any point the multiple-team tie is reduced to two teams, the two-team tie-breaking procedure will be applied.

Head-to-head (best cumulative win percentage in games among the tied teams). If not every tied team has played each other, go to step 2.
    Win percentage against all common conference opponents (must be common among all teams involved in the tie)
    Record against the next highest placed common opponent in the standings (based on record in all games played within the conference), proceeding through the standings.
    When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s win percentage against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
    Combined win percentage in conference games of conference opponents (ie, strength of conference schedule)
    Highest ranking by SportSource Analytics (team Rating Score metric) following the last weekend of regular-season games.
    Coin toss

https://pac-12.com/football/standings

whlinder said:

I haven’t seen the tiebreaker scenarios for a 5 way tie at 7-2.

UW win out
    UCLA win out
    UO win then lose
    Utah beats Colorado.

Should end up with a common opponent tiebreak. How many teams in the conference played all 5 of them?

Going through this scenario, I am not sure it is even covered. Like, the win percentage against all common conference opponents (Arizona, Stanford, Colorado) in this scenario is 100% for everyone except UCLA. Does that eliminate UCLA or does it move on to the next tiebreaker because no team won at that step, and continue to include UCLA?

If it does eliminate UCLA, think Oregon would "win" that iteration since they'd be 1-0 vs UCLA and the other 3 would be 0-1 (record against next highest placed conference opponent). Then to tiebreak for #2, does it start over or is it UW vs Utah vs USC? In which case Utah wins because we're eliminated due to losing to ASU, and then Utah beat USC.

I don't fucking know.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Every team and fanbase that talks paths in November isn't talking paths post-December. Remember when Barry Switzer talked his Sooners for the 84 Natty? I do.

I remember the voters would forgive the Dawgs 1990 road loss to Colorado, Then we? played the hapless Bruins at home. The first half talk was a strong second half, and the Dawgs would cover the spread. Then came the second-half that left fans talking, "if only...."

Lambo was two plays away from two Rose Bowls. Two plays. @puppylove_sugarsteel
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,319
    Focused on Las Vegas

If Oregon beats Utah then loses to Oregon State
    And USC and UW win out

Are we not playing USC in Vegas?
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,018

Focused on Las Vegas

And USC and UW win out

Nope pac12 decided Oregons transitive win over us through UCLA is more important then our h2h win.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter

Focused on Las Vegas

And USC and UW win out

Nobody knows. The tie breakers are hard.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,189

Focused on Las Vegas

And USC and UW win out

Nobody knows. The tie breakers are hard.
    This. I fear Utah v SC if that scenario happens. No one has confirmed otherwise.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,505 Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Every team and fanbase that talks paths in November isn't talking paths post-December. Remember when Barry Switzer talked his Sooners for the 84 Natty? I do.

I remember the voters would forgive the Dawgs 1990 road loss to Colorado, Then we? played the hapless Bruins at home. The first half talk was a strong second half, and the Dawgs would cover the spread. Then came the second-half that left fans talking, "if only...."

Lambo was two plays away from two Rose Bowls. Two plays. @puppylove_sugarsteel

LIPO