Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Leading Indictors

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Things are great. Record credit card debt and delinquency rates rising. Dem solution $5.20 a gallon gas (Oregon) and record electricity and natural gas prices and more taxes and regulation.

Westlinn got the joke: the 'everything is just fine' message came from a credit card company operating in a fake economy propped up by the free money printing press fed.

@UW_Doog_Bot and @HoustonHusky literally papered these forums for years predicting this would happen for that reason.

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

I can I keep my morals if I want?

Hidden away in Bumfuck, ID?

No problem.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,939
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Just the tip from the Throbber.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AMEX is for people that pay their card every month. Not very many in other words.

Forecasts are all over the map as usual. His stock dropped so he had to say something. Dimon of Chase is a doomer at this point. LIPO

Used to be. Now Amex has several regular credit card products that allows people to stupidly carry a balance. There's more riff raff in that demographic now.
    A couple of opinions - our in-house Economis PhD and Elon (two people who could not be more different) are prognosticating soft recession to last through spring of 2024.

@HHusky may have bought the dip too soon.

#gratuitiouslymentioningapopularpostersolelytocollectchins
    I'm not sure how seriously I can take Elon's financial prognostications when he overpaid for Twitter by double. OTOH, Tesla just had a record sales quarter, although I think his customers are not the people who get laid off first.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,021
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

No problem.
    I'm not hidden. I live in America. You can't visit as we have no gay bathhouses or Up Your Alley/Folsom Street Fair events you love so much.

Not too many fags either. Seems to be no shortage of pick up trucks and rope though.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

We entered the traditional definition of recession already

Bide symps decided to change the definition and the media all said amen

A soft recession effects your neighbor. A hard one effects you

I bought like 5 regular things at the grocery store the other day and it was close to $50. Filling up my tank for mid-size SUV is knocking on $90. WFT Biden? Would someone elect a serious conservative who understands economis and doesn't like Twitter? Please?

What's the skinny on Desantis now? I don't follow, as you know.
    There is a joke in here about low-information voters and how you're only collecting chins from @HeilHusky.

Sad to see how far @creepycoug has fallen.

That comment did not contemplate you, much less Sleddy, one of the few truly moral men who frequent the Tug. HTH.

As for chins, I'm a whore: I take them from anybody who will give them. I think you know that about me.

Things are great. Record credit card debt and delinquency rates rising. Dem solution $5.20 a gallon gas (Oregon) and record electricity and natural gas prices and more taxes and regulation.

Westlinn got the joke: the 'everything is just fine' message came from a credit card company operating in a fake economy propped up by the free money printing press fed.

@UW_Doog_Bot and @HoustonHusky literally papered these forums for years predicting this would happen for that reason.

Hurtful.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

No problem.
    I'm not hidden. I live in America. You can't visit as we have no gay bathhouses or Up Your Alley/Folsom Street Fair events you love so much.

Not too many fags either. Seems to be no shortage of pick up trucks and rope though.
    You're taking this the wrong way, Giuseppe. It's not a criticism.

We know you have to hide when you have so many people itching to kill you.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

pawz said:

I bought like 5 regular things at the grocery store the other day and it was close to $50. Filling up my tank for mid-size SUV is knocking on $90. WFT Biden? Would someone elect a serious conservative who understands economis and doesn't like Twitter? Please?

There is a joke in here about low-information voters and how you're only collecting chins from @HeilHusky.

That comment did not contemplate you, much less Sleddy, one of the few truly moral men who frequent the Tug. HTH.

As for chins, I'm a whore: I take them anybody who will give them. I think you know that about me.
    Sly reference to your anti-choice persona.
    Are you going to get made at me for one of my personas like fake-tough-guy persona did? I'm not sure I can take it.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,021
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Hidden away in Bumfuck, I
    No problem.

Some have tried. Didn't go well for 'em. I'm not hiding I just couldn't live in that communist shithole anymore. You live that Sodom by the bay life style. Proctologists need work too! Sure is a shitty job though.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

No problem.

Some have tried. Didn't go well for 'em. I'm not hiding I just couldn't live in that communist shithole anymore. You live that Sodom by the bay life style. Proctologists need work too! Sure is a shitty job though.
    Sleddy is a man of principle and, frankly, one of the very few in the Tug who holds true to his views and doesn't let political or other convenience change what he believes. I respect that. He stands among the very few.
  • Options

pawz said:

The low information part didn't apply to him. It was a general statement. He made it about him though. Rent fucking free.

• Options

HHusky said:

pawz said:

As for chins, I'm a whore: I take them anybody who will give them. I think you know that about me.
    Sly reference to your anti-choice persona.
    Are you going to get made at me for one of my personas like fake-tough-guy persona did? I'm not sure I can take it.
    Mad? I find it entertaining.

There are some here who poast when mad. I also find that entertaining. (I'm an older brother.)
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

No problem.

Some have tried. Didn't go well for 'em.
    Cue Hugo Montenegro . . . and his orchestra, of course.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I recall my $90 fill up days fondly.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

Underpinnings of the economy are breaking at the seams…energy is a good example. Oil has leveled off here, but the $ had been a wrecking ball for the rest of the world…with everyone else’s currency depreciating they’ve still been facing rising oil/energy prices. It’s why our inflation is fake 8%/real 17% and Europe’s is double. Starting to cause a lot of unrest in the rest of the world, and don’t picture it getting better until probably 3Q next year. Really cold winter and you are going to see a lot of political unrest. Only thing that will bring it down is killing demand which means killing the economy.

Peak inflation is past, but it’s going to be sticky and much higher than anyone wants for a long time…a lot of the reasons the Fed got away with 0% interest rates coupled with low inflation don’t exist anymore. If you are praying for those days to return it’s going to be a rough one for you.

And for the idiots out there (*cough* @heilhusky *cough*) who thinks this isn’t a bad thing for the US go ask Microsoft, Google, and the like how much of their revenues are overseas specifically in Europe. Guessing they aren’t going to hit their projected 10% above last year’s 3Q and 4Q targets. But you keep being your fascist you @heilhusky and keep buying that dip while it keeps dipping…

Got the rate increase notice the other day from our natural gas provider. I don't recall the last time we got one. A full page explanation. They could have just said, "Go Brandon" and that would have sufficed.
    A lot of pensioners (not that they represent a significant portion of anything) near retirement are going early before the pension discount rate gets reset. Depending on the DB plan provisions, a small tick in interest rates can have a yuge swing on lump sum values, which I'm sure have cratered.