Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Leading Indictors

13»

Comments

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

Underpinnings of the economy are breaking at the seams…energy is a good example. Oil has leveled off here, but the $ had been a wrecking ball for the rest of the world…with everyone else’s currency depreciating they’ve still been facing rising oil/energy prices. It’s why our inflation is fake 8%/real 17% and Europe’s is double. Starting to cause a lot of unrest in the rest of the world, and don’t picture it getting better until probably 3Q next year. Really cold winter and you are going to see a lot of political unrest. Only thing that will bring it down is killing demand which means killing the economy.

Peak inflation is past, but it’s going to be sticky and much higher than anyone wants for a long time…a lot of the reasons the Fed got away with 0% interest rates coupled with low inflation don’t exist anymore. If you are praying for those days to return it’s going to be a rough one for you.

And for the idiots out there (*cough* @heilhusky *cough*) who thinks this isn’t a bad thing for the US go ask Microsoft, Google, and the like how much of their revenues are overseas specifically in Europe. Guessing they aren’t going to hit their projected 10% above last year’s 3Q and 4Q targets. But you keep being your fascist you @heilhusky and keep buying that dip while it keeps dipping…

Got the rate increase notice the other day from our natural gas provider. I don't recall the last time we got one. A full page explanation. They could have just said, "Go Brandon" and that would have sufficed.
    A lot of pensioners (not that they represent a significant portion of anything) near retirement are going early before the pension discount rate gets reset. Depending on the DB plan provisions, a small tick in interest rates can have a yuge swing on lump sum values, which I'm sure have cratered.
    It starts with housing and then it expands. Leading indicator.

It's special having inflation during a recession. Inflation might get better as deflation continues but that means the recession is getting worse.

Should probably increase taxes and pass another spending bill right @heilhusky?
    I hear spending more money is actually good for inflation.
    I hear when you give people free money that's a good thing. In fact if we were smart as a nation everyone would just get money from the gov and then we spend that money and it helps the economy and then we get more free money and it helps the economy and then we get more........................................why didn't anyone think of this from jumpstreet? Nancy Pelosi.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,972
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2022

pawz said:

We entered the traditional definition of recession already

Bide symps decided to change the definition and the media all said amen

A soft recession effects your neighbor. A hard one effects you

I bought like 5 regular things at the grocery store the other day and it was close to $50. Filling up my tank for mid-size SUV is knocking on $90. WFT Biden? Would someone elect a serious conservative who understands economis and doesn't like Twitter? Please?

What's the skinny on Desantis now? I don't follow, as you know.
    There is a joke in here about low-information voters and how you're only collecting chins from @HeilHusky.

Sad to see how far @creepycoug has fallen.

The low information part didn't apply to him. It was a general statement. He made it about him though. Rent fucking free.

More projection from you

Go throw another temper tantrum
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,255
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2022

My superior intellect detects some sarcasm in the last few posts. This might not be evident to the average person, but my momtwo dads always told me I'm not average.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,517
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

I can I keep my morals if I want?

Hidden away in Bumfuck, I
    No problem.
    I'm not hidden. I live in America. You can't visit as we have no gay bathhouses or Up Your Alley/Folsom Street Fair events you love so much.

Not too many fags either. Seems to be no shortage of pick up trucks and rope though.
    You're taking this the wrong way, Giuseppe. It's not a criticism.

We know you have to hide when you have so many people itching to kill you.
    Some have tried. Didn't go well for 'em.
    Cue Hugo Montenegro . . . and his orchestra, of course.

Dazzler you're just a little bitch. Guys like you aren't worth knowing.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,391
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

I can I keep my morals if I want?

Hidden away in Bumfuck, I
    No problem.
    I'm not hidden. I live in America. You can't visit as we have no gay bathhouses or Up Your Alley/Folsom Street Fair events you love so much.

Not too many fags either. Seems to be no shortage of pick up trucks and rope though.
    You're taking this the wrong way, Giuseppe. It's not a criticism.

We know you have to hide when you have so many people itching to kill you.
    Some have tried. Didn't go well for 'em.
    Cue Hugo Montenegro . . . and his orchestra, of course.

Dazzler you're just a little bitch. Guys like you aren't worth knowing.
    Don’t cry, Alfonso.