Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is Carne Asada? (a Taco Filling or Barbecue?)

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    When done correctly, it is awesome, IMO...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It's delicious and I would eat it here or there, and I would eat it anywhere.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s grilled, and therefore not BBQ.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    if I grill it on my BBQ - then I am confused what I am doing - am I grilling or BBQing? I use mesquite charcoal

Like it really doesn't matter
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

if I grill it on my BBQ - then I am confused what I am doing - am I grilling or BBQing? I use mesquite charcoal

Like it really doesn't matter

I like to think of it this way...

Direct Heat / Fast Cook = "grilling"

Indirect Heat / Slow Cook = "bbq"
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Whatever happened to the hot spokesperson for Taco Time's Barbacoa?

That was tasty.

The spokesperson not the barbacoa.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I now want carnitas. You fucks.

I make amazing carnitas.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

I make amazing carnitas.
    I eat amazing carnitas...
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

I make amazing carnitas.
    #metoo

The key, in addition to seasoning, is to get some greasy fried crunch on the edges. Love me some greasy, sharp edged carnitas. It's usually my meat of choice for tacos or a burrito. Carne Asada is just OK. I'd rather eat it not in a taco or burrito
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

I make amazing carnitas.
    #metoo

The key, in addition to seasoning, is to get some greasy fried crunch on the edges. Love me some greasy, sharp edged carnitas. It's usually my meat of choice for tacos or a burrito. Carne Asada is just OK. I'd rather eat it not in a taco or burrito
    I braise the pork chunks in my dutch oven till they get tender. Then shred everything and roast in the over for a bit with reduced drippings to get some crunch on the pork pieces.

I also make a chili verde that is out of this word. Our resident swarthy bros like @creepycoug and @Pitchfork51 got nothing on Yella when it comes to Latin cooking.
    @UW_Doog_Bot , @Pitchfork51 and @creepycoug don't appreciate you anglos lumping us all into the same Latino food culture, nor do we? appreciate your cultural food appropriation ese.

Bangars and Mash for you Yella. Leave the spice work to the Latino Bros.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

I make amazing carnitas.
    #metoo

I braise the pork chunks in my dutch oven till they get tender. Then shred everything and roast in the over for a bit with reduced drippings to get some crunch on the pork pieces.

I also make a chili verde that is out of this word. Our resident swarthy bros like @creepycoug and @Pitchfork51 got nothing on Yella when it comes to Latin cooking.
    @UW_Doog_Bot , @Pitchfork51 and @creepycoug don't appreciate you anglos lumping us all into the same Latino food culture, nor do we? appreciate your cultural food appropriation ese.

I was born and raised in El Norte, Ese, while you were hanging out with all the meth head, unemployed logging camp liberals.

This gringo knows how to braise the spicy Messican meats.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

I make amazing carnitas.
    #metoo

I thought @Pitchfork51 was a Canadian living in the Netherlands
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

I make amazing carnitas.
    #metoo

I thought @Pitchfork51 was a Canadian living in the Netherlands
    We? don’t deal in reality here Stalin.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

I make amazing carnitas.
    #metoo

I need new glasses - I read that as 'leave the spic work to the latino bros'
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

I make amazing carnitas.
    #metoo

Grilling and BBQ = men's work aka outside

Oven and stove top = women's work aka inside

Sorry @YellowSnow swarthy men know their place. Vas cerca de la cocina y entonces tienes miedo de la chancla.

The wife does a stellar carnitas. Ella tambien conoce la chancla pero de Puerto Rico. @creepycoug sabe.

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to messican food bc I have excellent messican markets near my house where they know me and save/make shit for me. Not much I have to do other than grill it. I can make a mean guacamole (outside) when called upon.

There's not that much to northern/Baja cooking as it is so long as you know how to work una plancha.

Si eres un Caballero serio puedes cortando todos de Los Carnes a mano.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Swaye said:

I make amazing carnitas.
    #metoo

Grilling and BBQ = men's work aka outside

Oven and stove top = women's work aka inside

Sorry @YellowSnow swarthy men know their place. Vas cerca de la cocina y entonces tienes miedo de la chancla.

The wife does a stellar carnitas. Ella tambien conoce la chancla pero de Puerto Rico. @creepycoug sabe.

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to messican food bc I have excellent messican markets near my house where they know me and save/make shit for me. Not much I have to do other than grill it. I can make a mean guacamole (outside) when called upon.

There's not that much to northern/Baja cooking as it is so long as you know how to work una plancha.

Si eres un Caballero serio puedes cortando todos de Los Carnes a mano.
    Oh for the love of Dios, this is the biggest crock of shit, you sexist pig.

All the best cooks are men. Forget about it.

Doesn't matter if it's inside or out.

REAL carnitas are braised in lard, indoors.