Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dan Lanning so far

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,051
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You should be able to name your score vs UW

34-17
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

In 2011, #6 Oregon handed undefeated #3 Stanford their first loss on the season in a 53-30 drubbing at Stanford Stadium and shut the Cardinal out of the BCS Championship Game once again.

Forgot that Harbaugh had left after 2010. But that was essentially Shaw's 2 - loss team version of Larry Coker winning the national championship with Butch Davis' 2001 Hurricanes. So, close enough in my book, but error noted. A game a lot of people thought would result in Oregon getting their asses handed to them by intellectual brutality.

Darron Thomas was great in that game and, IMO, a very underrated Oregon QB of the past.

This win and the 65-38 beat down, ripping the hearts of Beaver fans in Reeser are two of the most memorable road wins in my book.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET HIM NOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2022
    Chip’s audition as OC at the Big House.

SFGbob said:

All time favorite Chip era Oregon Conference games.

In no particular order: At Arizona with MaStoley at QB overtime win. 2009 Cal game. 2009 USC Halloween game in Autzen. 2010 and 2011 Standford games. 2008 Beav game. Should have put 70 on them.

Pretty sound list there.

2009 Arizona is an Oregon all timer for me, with or without CK. Loco game.

The game at Tennessee, although they were pretty shit, was a favorite of mine. Came out after the weather delay and blew them the fuck outta the water from every angle. Kick returns, pick 6, ran all over them.

Underrated game was the 63-0 win over UCLA on a Thursday night.
    The Thursday night game was in 2010 and the Ducks beat UCLA, 60-13, at Autzen Stadium. Neuheisel had been mouthing off about how it was only a matter of time before Chip Kelly’s offense would be figured out.

I remember the onside kick by Oregon and recovered by Oregon when Oregon had a big lead in the second half.

Rick was being interviewed after the game near one of the exits. A fan yelled, “Good game, Rick!” Neuheisel responded, “Thanks!” The rest of the interview was conducted under cover.

• Options
    dtd said:

In 2011, #6 Oregon handed undefeated #3 Stanford their first loss on the season in a 53-30 drubbing at Stanford Stadium and shut the Cardinal out of the BCS Championship Game once again.

Forgot that Harbaugh had left after 2010. But that was essentially Shaw's 2 - loss team version of Larry Coker winning the national championship with Butch Davis' 2001 Hurricanes. So, close enough in my book, but error noted. A game a lot of people thought would result in Oregon getting their asses handed to them by intellectual brutality.

Darron Thomas was great in that game and, IMO, a very underrated Oregon QB of the past.

This win and the 65-38 beat down, ripping the hearts of Beaver fans in Reeser are two of the most memorable road wins in my book.
    The beat down at Reser in 2008 kept the Beavs out of the Rose Bowl (Payback for knocking Oregon out of the Rose Bowl in last game of 2000 season at Corvallis). Lots of disappointed Beavis fans and tossed roses 🌹 everywhere after the game.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Come on, before Dixon went down you were getting worried.
    If Oregon had won a natty we'd have to close up shop
    So "No Natty for you" is the HH brand. I'm cool with that. This you haie? Just lose to you your instate rival by over 3 touchdowns, but taking comfort that the team who just kicked your ass won't be playing in the NCS while you're off to the Alamo Bowl.

https://youtu.be/cFyP9r4V1Bk
    I was actually at that game. Regret not being down there with that guy.

He shit all over you losers and you know it.

Oregon is for NFL poor people fans and alums.
    What a dumb cunt.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    trublue said:

dtd said:

The beat down at Reser in 2008 kept the Beavs out of the Rose Bowl (Payback for knocking Oregon out of the Rose Bowl in last game of 2000 season at Corvallis). Lots of disappointed Beavis fans and tossed roses 🌹 everywhere after the game.
    Why the downvote?

If Ducks beat the Beavs in 2000 at Corvallis, they end the season undefeated in conference and go to the Rose Bowl.

If Beavs win the game at home vs. Ducks in 2008, they end up tied with USC with 1 loss. They beat USC at Corvallis that year. Beavs would have gone to Rose Bowl for first time since the 1964 season (January 1, 1965 Rose Bowl).
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2022
    UW/ Oregon will be a tougher game that it may appear today. Don’t be fooled by Race; he knows it too.

#racebagging
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,357
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW/ Oregon will be a tougher game that it may appear today. Don’t be fooled by Race; he knows it too.

#racebagging

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

#racebagging

As I've been saying, until next week we really don't know what we have yet with the Ducks. We could get thumped by both UCLA and Washington.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Come on, before Dixon went down you were getting worried.
    If Oregon had won a natty we'd have to close up shop
    So "No Natty for you" is the HH brand. I'm cool with that. This you haie? Just lose to you your instate rival by over 3 touchdowns, but taking comfort that the team who just kicked your ass won't be playing in the NCS while you're off to the Alamo Bowl.

https://youtu.be/cFyP9r4V1Bk
    I was actually at that game. Regret not being down there with that guy.

He shit all over you losers and you know it.

Oregon is for NFL poor people fans and alums.
    Why am I not surprised. 2012 Washington went 7-5 and lost to Oregon 52-21. They ended up playing in the Vegas Bowl and losing.

Oregon finished 12-, played in a BCS Bowl game where they blew out their opponent. Again, Oregon losing one game is far more important to haie than UW winning any games.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,568
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Haie attends Oregon/OSU games😂

Good lord
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

#racebagging

As I've been saying, until next week we really don't know what we have yet with the Ducks. We could get thumped by both UCLA and Washington.
    Sans an injury to the QB, Oregon is not getting thumped at home by UW. Washington has no running game and no defense.

Utah and UCLA are the only teams that have a shot.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

#racebagging

Disagree with both thesissuses.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

#racebagging

Sans an injury to the QB, Oregon is not getting thumped at home by UW. Washington has no running game and no defense.

Utah and UCLA are the only teams that have a shot.
    Not thumped. But I’d wait for the UCLA game before assuming Oregon’s D will hold UW to under 40. I think it has the makings of a shoot out, and UW has a decent in that case.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Good lord

My father in law gave us tickets after I told him I thought the Civil War was pussy compared to the Apple Cup in terms of hatred.

You're reading way too much into it.
  • Options
    haie said:

thechatch said:

Good lord

My father in law gave us tickets after I told him I thought the Civil War was pussy compared to the Apple Cup in terms of hatred.

Sure.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,568
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

thechatch said:

Good lord

Ok 😂
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

thechatch said:

Good lord

My father in law gave us gas money after I told him I thought the Civil War was pussy compared to the Apple Cup in terms of hatred.

FTFY
  • Options
    I found them would have been more believable.
  • Options
    haie said:

thechatch said:

Good lord

Both Apple and Civil are pussy compared to the Oregon/UW game, a series more deserving of a name than the other two. I mean, apples are fine, and civil war is racist, so ....