Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dan Lanning so far

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2022
    SFGbob said:

2010 game wasn't down on the Farm. It was in Eugene.

Looks like I breezed over the “at” part.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

All time favorite Chip era Oregon Conference games.

In no particular order: At Arizona with MaStoley at QB overtime win. 2009 Cal game. 2009 USC Halloween game in Autzen. 2010 and 2011 Standford games. 2008 Beav game. Should have put 70 on them.

The 2007 road game at Michigan when he was OC, was pretty fucking cool too.
    Yeah, if you were listing all games and not just Conference games that would definitely make the list. Worst conference loss has to be the home loss to Stanford in 2012. Kept us out of the NC game where we would have played Notre Dame and would have destroyed them.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    SFGbob said:

In no particular order: At Arizona with MaStoley at QB overtime win. 2009 Cal game. 2009 USC Halloween game in Autzen. 2010 and 2011 Standford games. 2008 Beav game. Should have put 70 on them.

Pretty sound list there.

2009 Arizona is an Oregon all timer for me, with or without CK. Loco game.

The game at Tennessee, although they were pretty shit, was a favorite of mine. Came out after the weather delay and blew them the fuck outta the water from every angle. Kick returns, pick 6, ran all over them.

Underrated game was the 63-0 win over UCLA on a Thursday night.
  • Options

In 2011, #6 Oregon handed undefeated #3 Stanford their first loss on the season in a 53-30 drubbing at Stanford Stadium and shut the Cardinal out of the BCS Championship Game once again.

Forgot that Harbaugh had left after 2010. But that was essentially Shaw's 2 - loss team version of Larry Coker winning the national championship with Butch Davis' 2001 Hurricanes. So, close enough in my book, but error noted. A game a lot of people thought would result in Oregon getting their asses handed to them by intellectual brutality.

Darron Thomas was great in that game and, IMO, a very underrated Oregon QB of the past.

Our crew adores DT5. Probably still my favorite Ducks QB.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah, if you were listing all games and not just Conference games that would definitely make the list. Worst conference loss has to be the home loss to Stanford in 2012. Kept us out of the NC game where we would have played Notre Dame and would have destroyed them.
    If I remember correctly ducks were in control of that game until pretty late on. Gut wrenching loss.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

If I remember correctly ducks were in control of that game until pretty late on. Gut wrenching loss.
    DAT not chipping that guy on the long Mariota run and missed FGs -
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My favorite was Mario deciding not to take a knee versus Furd at home. CJV fumbles and the rest is history.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    46XiJCAB said:

My favorite was Mario deciding not to take a knee versus Furd at home. CJV fumbles and the rest is history.

Wasn't there too much time on the clock? As I recall, they needed a first down.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2022
    SFGbob said:

You gotta add the road win at Buck. Anybody who goes in there and beats them at their own game will hold that one up as an all-timer. Beating Buck at Buck with a running game and a retard at QB is a memorable accomplishment for pretty much any program.

NVM: you said Chip-era.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Duck Refuge at it's finest in this thread
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

46XiJCAB said:

They would have had to kick the ball but their would have been very little time left on the clock.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2022

You're free to reminisce about your Heart of Dallas championship season Race. We won't judge.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Come on, before Dixon went down you were getting worried.
  • Options

You can stop by our tailgate anytime.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

If Oregon had won a natty we'd have to close up shop
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

They would have had to kick the ball but their would have been very little time left on the clock.
    Correct. A handoff to a FR RB who was struggling for extra yards rather than just going down. Furd had great field position and Oregon’s D couldn’t stop them.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2022

SFGbob said:

So "No Natty for you" is the HH brand. I'm cool with that. This you haie? Just lose to you your instate rival by over 3 touchdowns, but taking comfort that the team who just kicked your ass won't be playing in the NCS while you're off to the Alamo Bowl.

https://youtu.be/cFyP9r4V1Bk
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

So "No Natty for you" is the HH brand. I'm cool with that. This you haie? Just lose to you your instate rival by over 3 touchdowns, but taking comfort that the team who just kicked your ass won't be playing in the NCS while you're off to the Alamo Bowl.

Someone else beating Oregon has brought a lot of the Northwest closer together.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,473
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I was actually at that game. Regret not being down there with that guy.

He shit all over you losers and you know it.

Oregon is for NFL poor people fans and alums.