Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm AGAINST breast cancer

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Super serial jerseys for a super serial university.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I don’t get it. Why make it a spectacle? Wear pink cleats and pink gloves like everybody else.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Oregon cares more than other universities
  • Options
    edited October 2022

To a point of it being a bit much.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sports is a captive audience and football is the most popular sport

So a lot of shit gets shoved into sports and broadcasts
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of women. Red is the official color but it can't compete with Pink. So there's that.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm not surprised these overkill uni's came from Nike. Reason number 1001 why I refuse to buy any Nike gear.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

I felt the same way when I was covering Woodinville football, and every October the players would wear pink gloves and socks and the student section would be 100% pink. It's like, everyone has heard about breast cancer and known someone that had it. How is this anything other than virtue signaling? There's more I could add to this but it's not The Tug.
    It’s like those idiots on Facebook that put the all black tile image on their homepage for BLM solidarity. These same people did it for France when something happened, and now Ukraine for the war. It’s all about the trendy cool thing, but not doing anything of actual substance.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I could be wrong on this but the last time I remember Oregon pulling out the pink uniforms they got their asses kicked in that game.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doing work with non profits I've heard more than once that the well known organizations for breast cancer get astronomical amounts when compared to other, more lethal, cancers and it's a point of contention. Awareness is also super high in comparison.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    edited October 2022
    22 years later and still talking about the UGLY!!1!1! uniforms.

These are sold out everywhere and are going for almost $400 on eBay.

Nike and Oregon know what they’re doing,
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

I could be wrong on this but the last time I remember Oregon pulling out the pink uniforms they got their asses kicked in that game.

Pretty sure they beat Washington State. Don’t quote me. Just don’t.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

2014 they wore them when they played Arizona. They lost.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I don’t get it. Why make it a spectacle? Wear pink cleats and pink gloves like everybody else.

Because Oregon doesn't do things like everybody else. That is their brand. If you find yourself pining for stripes on pants, it's probably not for you.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I felt the same way when I was covering Woodinville football, and every October the players would wear pink gloves and socks and the student section would be 100% pink. It's like, everyone has heard about breast cancer and known someone that had it. How is this anything other than virtue signaling? There's more I could add to this but it's not The Tug.
    It’s like those idiots on Facebook that put the all black tile image on their homepage for BLM solidarity. These same people did it for France when something happened, and now Ukraine for the war. It’s all about the trendy cool thing, but not doing anything of actual substance.
    Are these things ... raising awareness and actually doing something mutually exclusive?

I do shit to raise awareness, which translates to money, for juvenile diabetes, all year around. But as smart and as handsome as I am, and believe me, I am, I don't have the skills to fix the problem. Money is key, but also trying to shed a little info on the unwashed masses of stupidity and ignorance also helps in ways too numerous to list here.

Only on HCH can we find a way to shit on people being charitable because they're not doing it in the right way. Jeebus fucking Christ.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Are these things ... raising awareness and actually doing something mutually exclusive?

I do shit to raise awareness, which translates to money, for juvenile diabetes, all year around. But as smart and as handsome as I am, and believe me, I am, I don't have the skills to fix the problem. Money is key, but also trying to shed a little info on the unwashed masses of stupidity and ignorance also helps in ways too numerous to list here.

Only on HCH can we find a way to shit on people being charitable because they're not doing it in the right way. Jeebus fucking Christ.
    But most do it for the social aspect. "It's cool to support this", "My Facebook friends are going to love my new profile pic". These are the common things you see in the world today. If you want to change your profile pic to generate awareness because it's how you really feel, then great. But 2/3 of the people that change their profile to the new hot topic in society, do it for the selfish reasons of gaining further acceptance, attention, and friends, for themselves. We live in an extremely selfish society, and most of the big political movements we see, are controlled and backed by powerful people or conmen that use it to profit off of. BLM is a perfect example. A new documentary is coming out, that shows that millions upon millions of dollars were never used towards minority community programs. A bunch of the money was spent on mansions, vehicles, vacations, and trips to strip clubs.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2014 they wore them when they played Arizona. They lost.
    Confirmed. Was thinking of 2013 when they first wore pink on the helmets.