Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is DeBoer a More PC Version of Sark?

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Sark's legacy at UW is that the team never really improved that much over 4 years and player development was minimal.

Too early to tell on DeBoer. I'll be looking for 3 things:
    -does he make the necessary changes to his coaching staff?
    -does he hit the portal hard to compensate for lack of talent at certain positions?
    -does the team rebound to have an acceptable season or fo they just shrivel up at adversity?

In terms of priority, it's probably 3-2-1 in terms of the order that items will happen

I don't think that the team throws in the towel ... I wouldn't accuse them of doing it to date. What we're seeing is definitely more of a talent issue.

Hitting the portal will be interesting because I don't think with the way that UW is playing ball in the NIL world that they are going to get any kind of difference makers. Can they get good players in that add depth and quality ... absolutely. There's room for that coming onto the roster and raising it's overall quality. How high it raises that ceiling is TBD.

The coaching is nuanced to me ... I don't think that you'll see anybody really on the hot seat after Year 1 and the people that you could see KDB moving on from are those that he has the least amount of ties to. He strikes me as a fairly loyal person and won't make the move unless he feels he has no choice with performance not able to level up (which frankly most of them are guilty of being on the learning/growth curve). That said, there's still a big question to me as to whether this staff can recruit at the level necessary (the AD and Upper Campus are big parts of this equation as well) to win at the levels that you can win at at Washington.

At this point, the most likely outcome with KDB is probably that 7-9 annual win level. He's good enough that he'll never bottom out but between his staff and University support hard to believe that he'll ever be able to get consistently to the top levels without something dramatically changing.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,523 Swaye's Wigwam

I’m still glad we hired DeBoer instead over Matt Campbell. I would love their DC instead of Morrell.

Aranda and Campbell look like shit at this point.

DeBoer has a track record of moving from the bottom upward by his own ability. Sark had none of that.

If Sark started at North Dakota State or whatever, where would he be? Nowhere. Do the math.

They are in no way similar.

Unless you're @Tequilla

And even then you realize what a retard you were and start backpedaling "Well, Deboer could win 7 games like Sark did."

Petersen won 7 games one year. What a dipshit.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    haie said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

DeBoer has a track record of moving from the bottom upward by his own ability. Sark had none of that.

If Sark started at North Dakota State or whatever, where would he be? Nowhere. Do the math.

Unless you're @Tequilla

And even then you realize what a retard you were and start backpedaling "Well, Deboer could win 7 games like Sark did."

Deboner will go for it on 4th down behind the 50 with his QB behind center. Peterman, twice called for a fake punt, behind the 50 and relied on his punter to make a first down. Both attempts failed. Sark would call a fake punt behind the 50, get stuffed and turn the ball over one time, sucseed the next time only to have it called back for too many players on the field. One time I think we had thirteen guys out there at once.

You don't need to remind me how much of a burnout fucking B- coach Petersen was at UW.

I could go full TL;DR on how many games he fucked up. People on this site act like going 7/8 wins half his years wasn't a big deal because he made the playoffs one year.

2014 and 15 he took 10 win teams (not saying they would win their division but should have competed and won a bowl to get to 10) and won 8 and fucking 7 games with that talent. But because he pounded a ranked cuoglet or whatever he got a pass.
    Playoff team and our prize, as top QB recruit was either now stand-up comedian, D. Bridge-Gadd or JC clipboard extraordinaire, TRod (i like to call him TRod)
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,976
    It's been noted, but I like redundancy and I like to repeat what has been said: Sark holds the word record for failing up and before last year's Fresneck win over UCLA had never heard of Deboner because he came up the old school way.

They're both fat, but Sark does a better job of hiding his using the right colors and alternations on his shirts. Deboner goes old school fat beer belly you don't like it don't look at it.
    Baseman said:

haie said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Unless you're @Tequilla

Deboner will go for it on 4th down behind the 50 with his QB behind center. Peterman, twice called for a fake punt, behind the 50 and relied on his punter to make a first down. Both attempts failed. Sark would call a fake punt behind the 50, get stuffed and turn the ball over one time, sucseed the next time only to have it called back for too many players on the field. One time I think we had thirteen guys out there at once.

You don't need to remind me how much of a burnout fucking B- coach Petersen was at UW.

I could go full TL;DR on how many games he fucked up. People on this site act like going 7/8 wins half his years wasn't a big deal because he made the playoffs one year.

2014 and 15 he took 10 win teams (not saying they would win their division but should have competed and won a bowl to get to 10) and won 8 and fucking 7 games with that talent. But because he pounded a ranked cuoglet or whatever he got a pass.
    Playoff team and our prize, as top QB recruit was either now stand-up comedian, D. Bridge-Gadd or JC clipboard extraordinaire, TRod (i like to call him TRod)
    After Pete brought his "mountain west" recruits in that made the playoffs, won the conference 2/3 years and now play in the NFL, we got these soft players that were great looking on paper but continue to struggle on the field.

Guys like Molden are the only exceptions.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited October 2022
    @haie remember when the now skeptics had us on the Clemson trajectory? Dabo leveled up to Watson, later T.Law and won himself a couple Natties. Our ELITE D and Development for three years, including the playoff season, couldn't sway a single HS linebacker with multiple Power-5 offers.

Meanwhile, our QB opening attracted an Eddie Murphy type hopeful and a desert CC clipboard carrier.

Peterman knew what he was doing though! Riding the Run the Damn ball guy, though, who Fired the guy who sent TE after TE to the NFL. One long timer here swooned when Jimmy, all swag, announced his big dick OC that augmented to the Conference Covid Champs with signature empty home victories, seen only on TV. Do we know they actually played the gaymes? No, we don't.
    Yes Dabo destroyed Pete at the QB position. Pete was down with a limited offense and a limited quarterback. He was fine with getting owned by Pedo and Urban Myer.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine typing this out. Or reading it
  • ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    edited October 2022
    Pete recruited a bunch of OKG soft, mixed kids from private high schools & thought he could augment black players for Samoans. Yes, his recruits have consistently under performed because they suck. What legit program does not recruit a black linebacker or d-lineman for multiple cycles.
    haie said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Unless you're @Tequilla

After Pete brought his "mountain west" recruits in that made the playoffs, won the conference 2/3 years and now play in the NFL, we got these soft players that were great looking on paper but continue to struggle on the field.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Sark is his own special brand of aggressive mediocrity
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

ATLDawg said:

Pete recruited a bunch of OKG soft, mixed kids from private high schools & thought he could augment black players for Samoans. Yes, his recruits have consistently under performed because they suck. What legit program does not recruit a black linebacker or d-lineman for multiple cycles.

haie said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Baseman said:

haie said:

Unless you're @Tequilla

Not this shit again
    This shit was the cringiest thing ive ever seen on the internet.

Which says a lot.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam

Sark is his own special brand of aggressive mediocrity

Really pretty on brand for what upper campus envisions for football.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    MWC offense.

MWC defense.

People are somehow surprised.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    46XiJCAB said:

MWC offense.

MWC defense.

Year one. It’s concerning and has to get better. Changes probably need to be made on that side of the ball.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

46XiJCAB said:

MWC offense.

MWC defense.

Year one. It’s concerning and has to get better. Changes probably need to be made on that side of the ball.
    It’s blown coverages, shitty technique and bad tackling. This staff can’t come back on defense. It’s an inevitable firing after another shitty performance next year if they are here.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited December 2022
    Is DeBoer a More PC Version of Sark?