Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DeBoner...

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,819 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Seriously, what makes you think he will fire the guys he hired after one year and replace them with coaches who will do better?

Hope?

He doesn't strike me as a guy who likes losing and I believe he will take steps to not lose

Versus Sark, who spent 50% of his time chasing pussy

Right now the defense is a catastrophic liability with some of the worst safety play Ive ever seen

He cant allow it
    So hope.
    No shit.

Uh Actually deboer is an in law and told me so himself

Fucktard
    doog
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Seriously, what makes you think he will fire the guys he hired after one year and replace them with coaches who will do better?

Hope?

He doesn't strike me as a guy who likes losing and I believe he will take steps to not lose

Right now the defense is a catastrophic liability with some of the worst safety play Ive ever seen

He cant allow it
    So hope.
    No shit.

Fucktard
    doog
    Wanna be damone
    Hope is not a strategy.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Hope is not a strategy.

It's a message board, we don't have strategies
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,137

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hope?

He cant allow it
    So hope.
    No shit.

Fucktard
    Great. We get an in-law when what we need is an outlaw. Makes sense. Dwag sense.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    They have three, recruited scholarship LBs from the last staff on the roster and Hiemuli looks like a bust. How do you do that in D1 football? The whole defensive backfield is filled with the low hanging fruit that were Terrance and Willups third, fourth and fifth choices from their last few classes. Everyone here knew that after McDuffie and Gordon moved on that their recruits were either going to have to vastly outperform their tape or UW was in big trouble there. Cook sucks. Asa Turner is our best DB. Let that sink in. True freshman Green and Dunn have played real minutes in the backfield. The starting DBs to start the year were a converted WR, a Walk-on, a Big Sky player and Turner. The guys beat out by those four are now getting heavy usage. Milloes recruiting has proven to be poor. Tuli is pretty good, Tuitele is a decent depth guy, Peihopa is okay but always hurt and everyone else he recruited either stinks or is too small. I heard Parker’s name yesterday more than I’ve ever heard Bandes. This defensive roster is atrocious. The years of Gregory, Harris, Milloe and a checked out recruiter in Jimmy have cratered the talent pool. You get four or five starters hurt and and now you’re playing second and third stringers on a shitty roster.

Post of year. Should be required reading b4 you get to type anything.

Love the line Asa is our best DB let that sink in.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,531 Founders Club
    It's more than talent. I have dropped way off in terms of following second stringers, recruiting, depth etc. since the plandemic, but some of it is coaching. There's too much confusion.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    Maybe our DBs only understand how to defend the pass when they play off the line of scrimmage by 20 yards and there’s 8 of them.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club

I’m willing to give the defensive staff a mulligan. They have three, recruited scholarship LBs from the last staff on the roster and Hiemuli looks like a bust. How do you do that in D1 football? The whole defensive backfield is filled with the low hanging fruit that were Terrance and Willups third, fourth and fifth choices from their last few classes. Everyone here knew that after McDuffie and Gordon moved on that their recruits were either going to have to vastly outperform their tape or UW was in big trouble there. Cook sucks. Asa Turner is our best DB. Let that sink in. True freshman Green and Dunn have played real minutes in the backfield. The starting DBs to start the year were a converted WR, a Walk-on, a Big Sky player and Turner. The guys beat out by those four are now getting heavy usage. Milloes recruiting has proven to be poor. Tuli is pretty good, Tuitele is a decent depth guy, Peihopa is okay but always hurt and everyone else he recruited either stinks or is too small. I heard Parker’s name yesterday more than I’ve ever heard Bandes. This defensive roster is atrocious. The years of Gregory, Harris, Milloe and a checked out recruiter in Jimmy have cratered the talent pool. You get four or five starters hurt and and now you’re playing second and third stringers on a shitty roster. That’s a tough pill to swallow. Hit the portal hard. Ask some guys to LEAVE! Get better. All that said if this defense gives up over 28 next year I’m all out and a change will need to be made. I can’t wait forever.

I thought/hoped the defense would get incrementally better as the season progressed. Instead it has been an implosion.
    If you’ve got an underwhelming defensive roster and you’re playing the second, third and fourth stringers on that underwhelming defense the numbers should improve? Some here talk about DeBoer winning big at his NAIA small college level. Winning at an epic clip against teams of a like stature. Very true and very impressive. Well, before this defensive staff got to Fresno the Bulldogs had a scoring and YPG defense in the high 80’s nationally. By their second year running the defense these coaches shored up that defense to 20th in scoring and 31st in YPG nationally. Yes, it’s the MWC, but they were competing with a MWC roster. So the results are apples to apples. The DL was down Tuli, Ale and I think Peihopa. It’s a wonder ASU didn’t run for 300 yards. They would have on last years defense. Green, the kid who had to tweet to us he was actually on scholarship, is currently the biggest CB on the roster. He’s 18 and just got here. The last staff did an undeniably poor job of defensive roster management and scouting. I’m giving the defensive staff this year. Next year needs to be better. No doubt. I can’t quit this DeBoner. Not yet.
    godawgst said:

They have three, recruited scholarship LBs from the last staff on the roster and Hiemuli looks like a bust. How do you do that in D1 football? The whole defensive backfield is filled with the low hanging fruit that were Terrance and Willups third, fourth and fifth choices from their last few classes. Everyone here knew that after McDuffie and Gordon moved on that their recruits were either going to have to vastly outperform their tape or UW was in big trouble there. Cook sucks. Asa Turner is our best DB. Let that sink in. True freshman Green and Dunn have played real minutes in the backfield. The starting DBs to start the year were a converted WR, a Walk-on, a Big Sky player and Turner. The guys beat out by those four are now getting heavy usage. Milloes recruiting has proven to be poor. Tuli is pretty good, Tuitele is a decent depth guy, Peihopa is okay but always hurt and everyone else he recruited either stinks or is too small. I heard Parker’s name yesterday more than I’ve ever heard Bandes. This defensive roster is atrocious. The years of Gregory, Harris, Milloe and a checked out recruiter in Jimmy have cratered the talent pool. You get four or five starters hurt and and now you’re playing second and third stringers on a shitty roster.

The offense sucked last year and is more than serviceable this year. The defense was more than serviceable last year and sucks this year.

If you can turn around the offense in one year, you should be able to keep the defense from lighting itself on fire with more flammable combustibles each week. Improvement over the course of the year is an expectation no matter what the roster looks like.

TheHB said:

godawgst said:

The offense sucked last year and is more than serviceable this year. The defense was more than serviceable last year and sucks this year.

If you can turn around the offense in one year, you should be able to keep the defense from lighting itself on fire with more flammable combustibles each week. Improvement over the course of the year is an expectation no matter what the roster looks like.
    The defense was ass last year. They lost games where other teams didn’t throw the ball. They could not stop the run. At all. This staff took that roster minus two NFL CB’s and are attempting to stop the run, which is better than last year, but the lack of talent and depth on the back end is dooming everything they try. Don’t say the defense was more than serviceable last year, we all know that’s not true. The UW’s slow, archaic offense and their opponents running for 6ypc shortened the games and made the scoring stats look better. Teams would go into their fourth quarter offense last year of running every down. This defense couldn’t stop it. It was painful to watch.
    22.7 ppg is the definition of “more than serviceable” if you have an ounce of competency on offense.
    @theknowledge Lookit. If you’re gonna insult me, at least get it right. It’s my moms’ renovated farmhouse loft.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,523 Swaye's Wigwam
    ^ try hard, wannabe half brain.
    haie said:

doog
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,523 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

haie said:

doog
    Still trying really hard.