Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Midfield Logo

TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
The logo has just been placed at the 50 yard-line and as expected, the southside (yeh) got the "W" while the northside (boo) gets the "M". Just to be picky which is what Dawgs are, why can't Husky Stadium afford two logos on the new field turf, one for each sideline? Do we need to come up with some symbolic meaning for the "M"....... such as Meat or Montlake? Mediocre, Monster, Middling.......... any ideas?

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tailgater said:

The logo has just been placed at the 50 yard-line and as expected, the southside (yeh) got the "W" while the northside (boo) gets the "M". Just to be picky which is what Dawgs are, why can't Husky Stadium afford two logos on the new field turf, one for each sideline? Do we need to come up with some symbolic meaning for the "M"....... such as Meat or Montlake? Mediocre, Monster, Middling.......... any ideas?

Posts like this remind me why it is so important for another well deserved 0-12 to happen as soon as possible.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I don't get it. Are you talking about the mid field logo? How could they possibly have two? I wonder if half the Michigan fans are mad about looking at a W?
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    What about the people that sit in the end zone seats?
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Two logos would be awesome! Then all can have a W and a M.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    can we please stop complaining about the fagtarded evolution of the uniforms and the on-field logos and just enjoy the (7) wins?
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Other than "Miasma" which I couldn't find in my dictionary, but it sounds dogmatic or doggerel, all of the above responses are disappointing. I bring this up because the appearance of an "M" at midfield on our new turf for half the stadium to see points out the shortcoming of having a block "W" as our logo. This is a picky observation, not a complaint. If our logo were still a Dawg, be he malamute with tongue hanging out or weasel, it would still be a Dawg right-side up or upside down and who would care or notice. But an "M" (and I don't care what Michigan and Wisconsin have at their midfield)? Better to rotate the "W" 90 degrees toward the student section and coach's offices in the west-end bowl.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Tailgater said:

Other than "Miasma" which I couldn't find in my dictionary, but it sounds dogmatic or doggerel, all of the above responses are disappointing.

My post is a link to a Wikipedia article on Miasma.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Tailgater said:

Other than "Miasma" which I couldn't find in my dictionary, but it sounds dogmatic or doggerel, all of the above responses are disappointing. I bring this up because the appearance of an "M" at midfield on our new turf for half the stadium to see points out the shortcoming of having a block "W" as our logo. This is a picky observation, not a complaint. If our logo were still a Dawg, be he malamute with tongue hanging out or weasel, it would still be a Dawg right-side up or upside down and who would care or notice. But an "M" (and I don't care what Michigan and Wisconsin have at their midfield)? Better to rotate the "W" 90 degrees toward the student section and coach's offices in the west-end bowl.

A dog standing on it's head would look weird.

I'm hearing half the USC fans are dumbfounded and can't figure out what "snajorT" means.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Great poast as always. Classic Tailgator. Great read.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    I feel dumber for actually reading that entire post. F
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200

Tailgater said:

Posts like this remind me why it is so important for another well deserved 0-12 to happen as soon as possible.
    Is 0-12 the only thing that makes you hard? You bring it up more than Cougs and Ducks combined.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club

Tailgater said:

Is 0-12 the only thing that makes you hard? You bring it up more than Cougs and Ducks combined.

0-12 is the wind beneath TierbsHsotBoob's wings
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Tailgater said:

I thought it was lemon party?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club

Tailgater said:

I thought it was lemon party?
    The wind beneath TierbsHsotBoobs' wings:

A) 0-12
    B) Lemon Party
    C) Whatever Harvey says
    D) All of the above

Tailgater said:

Morons like you didn't learn from the first 0-12, which is why UW needs and thoroughly deserves another one.
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200

Tailgater said:

Morons like you didn't learn from the first 0-12, which is why UW needs and thoroughly deserves another one.
    2004 was the first 0-12 (1-11 big difference), so it already happened again actually.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2013

Tailgater said:

Fuck that. Too much is made of UW's pathetic fanbase. Just like in any walk of life, the majority are going to be idiots. That's just the way the world is, but another 0-12 would torture my soul. 7-6 is bad enough as it is.

Tailgater said:

2004 was the first 0-12 (1-11 big difference), so it already happened again actually.
    And UW responded by hiring and tolerating mediocrity for four years, having learned nothing from that 2004 season.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Tailgater said:

Fuck that. Too much is made of UW's pathetic fanbase. Just like in any walk of life, the majority are going to be idiots. That's just the way the world is, but another 0-12 would torture my soul. 7-6 is bad enough as it is.

As long as Washington's pathetic fanbase continues to accept mediocrity, they'll keep getting 7-6. And since they continue to accept said mediocrity, they really deserve another 0-12.