Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Couple things

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,888 Founders Club
In the Wam there is a story where DeBoner says he was impressed when he got here with the talent. Didn't look like a 4-8 team. Give him credit for not doing what 81% of coaches do by whispering to friendly writers that they are shocked at how little talent they get. The set up for need more tim.

DeBoner and crew have cleaned up some things and look like they can continue to do so. If he can do something with the defense he's the real deal for sure

I'll give him another week

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,623 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
    We got predictably bodied by a UCLA team that cares for maybe 2-3 weekends a season.

Fuck this coaching staff for that performance last night. Nebraska can have their salt of the earth tryhard fucking asses.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

DeBoer losing to a bonkers ASU program would be deeply troubling. However, a 1pm kickoff in the dessert (sic) sets up doog talking points rather easily.

Penix is great, but there needs to be a Plan B when he can’t thread the needle. I like to say thread the needle to describe a quarterback throwing the ball into tight coverage.

Tuputala and Davis actually did decently other than the fumbled pitch.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,616 Founders Club
    It's only supposed to be 90 in the valley of the heat stroke next Saturday. Long range forecasts are unreliable, but either way, ASU sucks. I asked some friends if they're coming down and they have these things called families. So I'll skip it too.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,468 Swaye's Wigwam
    Winning every game in a coaches first year isn't realistic but making adjustments and improving on glaring issues is a must. All in all its still been a solid year so far and if this game keeps Grubb and Penix (doubtful) around for another year it's some consolation
    Hope ASU fucking kills us next weekend. End this fucktard season. Not watching another 20 play drive up our asses.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Hope ASU fucking kills us next weekend. End this fucktard season. Not watching another 20 play drive up our asses.

Get a grip

haie said:

Get a grip
    We're going 0wen against every team we actually thought this staff can beat.

Winning our shitty home games and then embarrassing ourselves on the road en route to a special fried fucktard bowl invite.
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

Get a grip
    We're going 0wen against every team we actually thought this staff can beat.

Winning our shitty home games and then embarrassing ourselves on the road en route to a special fried fucktard bowl invite.
    Idk why I’m being the voice of reason and I get being an over reactive wannabe edgelord is your shtick, but this staff is ahead of schedule. If guys aren’t brought in next year to correct the secondary then yeah you can bitch at them, but year 1 after a disaster like lake there will always be holes on the roster.
    We only had a fat fuck leave that has done nothing at Oregon and a #3 wr that has done nothing at SC. I don't care what Sirmon is doing at Cal, he sucks too. 7 wins at home is a failure. Last night the defense was not prepared to play. Rebuilds in the transfer portal era are lame AF.

UW told one of our biggest gets he couldn't play football anymore and he just beat the shit out of "genius" OC.

Getting the shit kicked out of you by one of the teams ditching the conference is awesome.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

In the Wam there is a story where DeBoner says he was impressed when he got here with the talent. Didn't look like a 4-8 team. Give him credit for not doing what 81% of coaches do by whispering to friendly writers that they are shocked at how little talent they get. The set up for need more tim.

DeBoner and crew have cleaned up some things and look like they can continue to do so. If he can do something with the defense he's the real deal for sure

15 games. Nothings changed with me.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,056

Another 3 exorcism games coming up. Zona schools and @ Cal

Anything other than 3-0 in this stretch is a colossal failure

From what I have seen, Oregon is the only team left on the schedule that I am worried about. Colorado and the Beavs at home should be a cake walk and the Cougs can't score with us. We are winning 10 games.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,111
    edited October 2022

The weed was talking to me last night.

Consensus is we have plenty of time to fire DeBoer.

*the weed be lettin’ you know
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam

LOL you gave far more leeway to Jimmy
    Because I'm not a racist like most here
    Lake inherited a shit job like all AA coaches do. Deboer took over a well oiled machine.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739

Another 3 exorcism games coming up. Zona schools and @ Cal

Anything other than 3-0 in this stretch is a colossal failure

From what I have seen, Oregon is the only team left on the schedule that I am worried about. Colorado and the Beavs at home should be a cake walk and the Cougs can't score with us. We are winning 10 games.
    Yeah, with good coaching this team has more than enough to finish 10-2.

Oregon is the only near guaranteed loss on the schedule, with this defense.