Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Goal line

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

The shitty OL goal line blocking wasn't isolated to just that one MSU stand... MSU defenders were regularly pushing UWs OL off the LOS into their own backfield on all the goal line situations... From two other drives...

It's a zone crack toss with baini pulling, they're just supposed seal off their man. Westover getting raped kills the angle and the play.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm pretty sure the coaches are going to sow this film and Papa and tell him "this is reason you're here" He should have scored, especially when he was on one with the Spartan secondary. Newton scores on that play.

Papa made a sweet TD catch. That's his talent. He should never get the ball in the backfield.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

The shitty OL goal line blocking wasn't isolated to just that one MSU stand... MSU defenders were regularly pushing UWs OL off the LOS into their own backfield on all the goal line situations... From two other drives...

It's a zone crack toss with baini pulling, they're just supposed seal off their man. Westover getting raped kills the angle and the play.
    That was one that I thought should've been housed in real time. I see now there wasn't much chance.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Houhusky said:

That was one that I thought should've been housed in real time. I see now there wasn't much chance.
    He scores if he doesn't have to widen due to Westover getting bitched. I believe this was after Culp came off. Culp seals that for 6.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

He scores if he doesn't have to widen due to Westover getting bitched. I believe this was after Culp came off. Culp seals that for 6.
    If the left guard had made a stronger block that would've been one less guy coming across and taking away the cutback lane. He just patticaked his guy, not driving him back at all or even making him alter his footwork.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

If the left guard had made a stronger block that would've been one less guy coming across and taking away the cutback lane. He just patticaked his guy, not driving him back at all or even making him alter his footwork.
    Yeah he's got to seal and get his hips towards the sideline. It wasn't power we weren't trying to blow them off the ball, rather just positionally block them.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,491
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remembered in real time thinking Westy struggled on those goal line series. Wonder if they make an adjustment in goal lines and get a sixth OL in or a Dlineman to add more power.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You guys realize that Westover got blown up on that block because he had to try to block two guys because McMillen didnt crack block the correct edge DB (#12) and instead incorrectly jumped into the second level to block the Safety that had already taken himself out of the play?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Guys guys guys, can’t we just be happy we held on at home against a top 1/3 B1G team? How cool is that!?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

You guys realize that Westover got blown up on that block because he had to try to block two guys because McMillen didnt crack block the correct edge DB (#12) and instead incorrectly jumped into the second level to block the Safety that had already taken himself out of the play?

I see your point, but was he supposed to take him or #8?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Papa is a Jag if he can't score on these two plays. Obviously Gaskin would have scored but I'm pretty sure even guys like Pleasant, Newton or Davis get those both in
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,963
    Founders Club
    As we enter conference play, it won't surprise me to see Grubb utilize his WRs in the perimeter running game a fair amount
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

If only
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

As we enter conference play, it won't surprise me to see Grubb utilize his WRs in the perimeter running game a fair amount

I’d be surprised if you were surprised.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

chuck said:

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

If only
    It's not about what might have been Mick, but you knew that. It's observations about what went wrong.

You want this stuff cleaned up or not? If so then step aside and let us work.

Feel like I’m listening to a bunch of fucking Hugh Millens in this thread

It seems like you're hearing things.

You want this stuff cleaned up or not?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

If only
    It's not about what might have been Mick, but you knew that. It's observations about what went wrong.

Missed it by that much
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,314
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It was an awful display of running by Papa (I like to call him that). Seriously, just pathetic. Get lower dude. Act like you want to score. The effort was for shit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

If only

Missed it by that much

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

If only

Missed it by that much

Old man tells the truth and others mock him for it.