Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Goal line

It's the backs not the OL. This is atrocious by Taulpapa how do you not score here?

Comments

• Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So you’re saying the offensive line is ELITE
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pass pro?

SarkSure.gif

Run blocking?

LikeWeSay...No.gif
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's exactly what I saw, he gets low and dives in it's a TD no question.

The line isn't fantastic in this situation, but Papa fucked up.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He is really slow to the hole and doesn't hit it with any purpose.

Someone pointed out that the blocking failures were primarily on the straight ahead runs down there. The OL did, and does, much better on the perimeter.

I saw creases that looked like automatic touchdowns open up on at least three run plays and the RBs blew them. Penix also could have punched in that run option play if Fataunu had sealed his man a little better or if Penix had the quicks to dodge him. The dude blew up the play by squeezing just far enough inside his block to reach an arm in and slow Penix before he could get outside the tackle.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah thats what he's saying.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Someone pointed out that the blocking failures were primarily on the straight ahead runs down there. The OL did, and does, much better on the perimeter.

I saw creases that looked like automatic touchdowns open up on at least three run plays and the RBs blew them. Penix also could have punched in that run option play if Fataunu had sealed his man a little better or if Penix had the quicks to dodge him. The dude blew up the play by squeezing just far enough inside his block to reach an arm in and slow Penix before he could get outside the tackle.

wait it's harder to run when there's more people at the LOS? weird
  • Options

Pass pro? definitely.

run blocking? they're average to above average.

Our running backs aren't great. Cam Davis could be good if he didn't trip over his dick all the time.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Need Big Dick Newton Energy
  • Options

Need Big Dick Newton Energy

By far the best goal line back on the team. Agreed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,304
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

It's genrally risky to run outside if the ol is allowing the ends any penetration. It's been a long time since I've seen a UW OL so efficient at sealing and preventing disruptive plays off the edge I'd speculate that the staff was still learning what it has with this OL, but will have a better plan inside the five in the future. They definitely need to stick with the spread.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

No sacks

11.5% pressure rate against two legit pass rushers in bogle/windmon on 43 dropbacks. Very good.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

It's genrally risky to run outside if the ol is allowing the ends any penetration. It's been a long time since I've seen a UW OL so efficient at sealing and preventing disruptive plays off the edge I'd speculate that the staff was still learning what it has with this OL, but will have a better plan inside the five in the future. They definitely need to stick with the spread.
    They're big and athletic. Run from spread formations and get people out of the box. They'll be able to seal edges/linebackers. Huff has done a good job recruiting.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    Is this the play where he dropped it at the 1?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,319
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RTD said:

I believe the call there is supposed to be God's Play, followed up by God's Play, then another God's Play, and finally God's Play.

God has a new playbook. He’s gone to the spread and likes a run-pass option on at least two attempts.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    The shitty OL goal line blocking wasn't isolated to just that one MSU stand... MSU defenders were regularly pushing UWs OL off the LOS into their own backfield on all the goal line situations... From two other drives...

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'm pretty sure the coaches are going to sow this film and Papa and tell him "this is reason you're here" He should have scored, especially when he was on one with the Spartan secondary. Newton scores on that play.