Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rank the Pac-12 Coaches

12346»

Comments

• Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2017
    salemcoog said:

89ute said:

salemcoog said:

I don't get anyone who has even semi chub for Whittingham, His next big P12 win will be his first. He is the epitome of average.

So this is your definition of average?

How many final top 25 rankings does Utah have under Whittingham, asking for a fren.

Wow I read more than the headline. They've been ranked a few times. Utah does the same thing EVERY YEAR though. Feasts on a week OOC and early Pac 12 schedule and get ranked high and then lose to every good team towards the end of the year and then win their bowl game against a team that barely qualifies as a bowl team to get ranked in the 20's at season end.
    5 top 25 finishes in 11 years.
    2016 - 23
    2015 - 17
    2014 - 22
    2009 - 18
    2008 - 2

2008 was the last time we had a decent QB and some WRs that had a cup of coffee in the NFL. We almost always have an NFL RB.

Utah has never had enough resources to build an offense and a defense and special teams. Every decent offensive players that came into the program were converted to defenders. Eric Weddle, Sean Smith, Paul Krueger ... it's a huge list. It's finally stopped. We actually have some talent that is staying on the offense this year. You're going to hear a lot about the Hallendale Trio this year if this Troy Taylor thing works out. These are three, three star guys Erickson pulled out of Flordia that all played in our offense as true freshmen. Our QB, RB and a WR.

Utah was getting about 1.5 million in football revenue prior to joining the Pac-12. Then we had to "pay an entrance fee" to the Pac-12 where we were on a graduated revenue sharing scale of 0, 50, 75% and full share after the 4th year.

During this time, we still recruited like a MWC school. Think about it, if you had an offer from Utah in 2011-12 or 13, and an offer from practically any other Pac-12 school, why in the fuck would you come to Utah?

It's been a slow build with no blue print. When we were invited to the Pac-12 it was huge! Parties, celebrations, the whole nine yards, but not Whittingham. He fucking knew what he was in for. This is a true story.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    89ute said:

haie said:

salemcoog said:

I don't get anyone who has even semi chub for Whittingham, His next big P12 win will be his first. He is the epitome of average.

Which is why I'm surprised Carrington went there. He must like getting killed on bubble screens and 3 yard slants.
    Troy Taylor - New offensive scheme and new attitude. Every player has spoke about the difference between the 9 others and Taylor. You will see a much improved offense 2017.
    i would bet my money that Taylor will be unemployed in 5 months
  • Options
    DoogstoneDoogstone Member Posts: 202
    89ute said:

salemcoog said:

89ute said:

salemcoog said:

So this is your definition of average?

How many final top 25 rankings does Utah have under Whittingham, asking for a fren.

Wow I read more than the headline. They've been ranked a few times. Utah does the same thing EVERY YEAR though. Feasts on a week OOC and early Pac 12 schedule and get ranked high and then lose to every good team towards the end of the year and then win their bowl game against a team that barely qualifies as a bowl team to get ranked in the 20's at season end.
    5 top 25 finishes in 11 years.
    2016 - 23
    2015 - 17
    2014 - 22
    2009 - 18
    2008 - 2

2008 was the last time we had a decent QB and some WRs that had a cup of coffee in the NFL. We almost always have an NFL RB.

Utah has never had enough resources to build an offense and a defense and special teams. Every decent offensive players that came into the program were converted to defenders. Eric Weddle, Sean Smith, Paul Krueger ... it's a huge list. It's finally stopped. We actually have some talent that is staying on the offense this year. You're going to hear a lot about the Hallendale Trio this year if this Troy Taylor thing works out. These are three, three star guys Erickson pulled out of Flordia that all played in our offense as true freshmen. Our QB, RB and a WR.

Utah was getting about 1.5 million in football revenue prior to joining the Pac-12. Then we had to "pay an entrance fee" to the Pac-12 where we were on a graduated revenue sharing scale of 0, 50, 75% and full share after the 4th year.

During this time, we still recruited like a MWC school. Think about it, if you had an offer from Utah in 2011-12 or 13, and an offer from practically any other Pac-12 school, why in the fuck would you come to Utah?

It's been a slow build with no blue print. When we were invited to the Pac-12 it was huge! Parties, celebrations, the whole nine yards, but not Whittingham. He fucking knew what he was in for. This is a true story.
    We are at Apex Week for optimism in CFB so I upvoted.

But your passing game sucks until it doesn't.

HTH.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

haie said:

salemcoog said:

Which is why I'm surprised Carrington went there. He must like getting killed on bubble screens and 3 yard slants.
    Troy Taylor - New offensive scheme and new attitude. Every player has spoke about the difference between the 9 others and Taylor. You will see a much improved offense 2017.
    It's a good bet if you play the odds. But I'm in Doog mode now. Taylor dumped Williams, pulled in Carrington, and has gotten our 4* QB to renounce USC and Alabama. I find these things Doogworthy. Plus, this last class has more offensive talent than we have ever had. I know it's not many, but it's more non the less.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    89ute said:

89ute said:

haie said:

salemcoog said:

It's a good bet if you play the odds. But I'm in Doog mode now. Taylor dumped Williams, pulled in Carrington, and has gotten our 4* QB to renounce USC and Alabama. I find these things Doogworthy. Plus, this last class has more offensive talent than we have ever had. I know it's not many, but it's more non the less.
    As long as Utah doesn't test for weed or enforce DUII laws, I look for a big year from Carrington.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Rich rod won the south and willingham still hasn't

Willingham won the whole conference before the split sent Stanford to the South.