Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"BBK gets dragged for 2+ yards every tackle"

I see this line get repeated in some form often on this forum, notably from @WeakarmCobra

Can anyone point me to an example where this happened last year?
Thanks!

H.A.

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2018

I see this line get repeated in some form often on this forum, notably from @WeakarmCobra

Can anyone point me to an example where this happened last year?
    Thanks!

H.A.

Apple Cup. His best game.

Worst: Stanford +6
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Like when our heady player was looking to the sideline while Penn State was actively snapping the ball.

Try to be another corch on the field than popoff
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    BBK is a nice walk on player
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ... on his way to conference leader in total tackles and a 6th round selection by the Packers.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Like when our heady player was looking to the sideline while Penn State was actively snapping the ball.

You try to tackle Saquon Barkley......'s backup and pop off.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2018
    Mosster47 said:

You try to tackle Saquon Barkley......'s backup and pop off.
    Avoid getting wooshed and pop off!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bread said:

I am more of the group that believes our team would improve by replacing BBK with a tackling dumby.

Here is every play of BBK last year vs asu: https://youtu.be/28HkDQ8b6f8

3:20 is the only play he is the first player to Ballage, 3 yards into the backfield. Ballage process to gain 11 yards and get first down after bbk 'tackles' him.

Tackling dumby would have stopped ballage after a gain of 5. Short of the first down.

BBK had 0 impact the rest of the game.

Most of his tackles are diving at guys who are already falling down.

Fucking yikes. That's awful film.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Gladstone said:

Bread said:

I am more of the group that believes our team would improve by replacing BBK with a tackling dumby.

3:20 is the only play he is the first player to Ballage, 3 yards into the backfield. Ballage process to gain 11 yards and get first down after bbk 'tackles' him.

Tackling dumby would have stopped ballage after a gain of 5. Short of the first down.

Psalm-esque motor.
  • Options
    HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Bread said:

Wow you guys actually came through. He is indeed as bad as people claim. No getting around that ASU film.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

Wow you guys actually came through. He is indeed as bad as people claim. No getting around that ASU film.
    thanks for the S/O
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I would love to know what the coaches see from him that makes them think he's good? Clearly he's not talented. His off season bulked up weight might be 220 but he looks like he plays at 205-210. He can't stand up a lineman at all and is forced to try to run around them and sometimes underneath their blocks. If a lineman gets his hands on him it's over, he's getting pancaked. He is often forced to take bad angles because of this. He's not physical. He gets dragged. He looks like he's running hard but he's not actually moving fast. Forget about fearing him. Opponents don't even respect him, often giving him an extra shove after the whistle. His presence on the field severely decreases the overall swag and physicality of the defense and makes them look like shrivel dicks. Who gives a fuck if he's smart and knows what he's supposed to do 100% of the time if he still isn't talented enough to consistently execute it? I still think a healthy DJ Beavers is better than him. Jackson Sirmon is probably better than him right now. Somebody has to be better than him. I can't watch him be the starter for an entire season.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bread said:

I watched the entire thing. He didn't misdiagnose, overrun or get washed out of a single play, or blow a single coverage. Athletically he's horrifying, especially in the hips. His grade vs ASU would be something like a .5 or a 0, which is average to above average. He'd start at Oregon.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I would love to know what the coaches see from him that makes them think he's good? Clearly he's not talented. His off season bulked up weight might be 220 but he looks like he plays at 205-210. He can't stand up a lineman at all and is forced to try to run around them and sometimes underneath their blocks. If a lineman gets his hands on him it's over, he's getting pancaked. He is often forced to take bad angles because of this. He's not physical. He gets dragged. He looks like he's running hard but he's not actually moving fast. Forget about fearing him. Opponents don't even respect him, often giving him an extra shove after the whistle. His presence on the field severely decreases the overall swag and physicality of the defense and makes them look like shrivel dicks. Who gives a fuck if he's smart and knows what he's supposed to do 100% of the time if he still isn't talented enough to consistently execute it? I still think a healthy DJ Beavers is better than him. Jackson Sirmon is probably better than him right now. Somebody has to be better than him. I can't watch him be the starter for an entire season.

That part made me laff.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

Bread said:

I watched the entire thing. He didn't misdiagnose, overrun or get washed out of a single play, or blow a single coverage. Athletically he's horrifying, especially in the hips. His grade vs ASU would be something like a .5 or a 0, which is average to above average. He'd start at Oregon.
    That's part of the problem. He plays sound enough football not to get shitcanned by the staff but isn't talented enough to make a real play. Ultimate fucking Rudy boner for the coaches.

At this point I'd rather he was a true screw up so they'd be forced to find his replacement.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Gladstone said:

Bread said:

Psalm-esque motor.
    Still laughing.