Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Video analysis: UW's 3rd down production on offense in 2017

1235»

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

Gladstone said:

BaldwinIV said:

Something no one has noted is how many 3rd and longs there were. Like 66% of them. The fuck were we doing on 1st and 2nd down?

Where were you?

1st Down: RB run for little gain, followed by JonathanSmithFS losing faith in the running game.

2nd Down: Jake Browning creating pressure when there isn’t any, then running 10 yards backwards before getting sacked.
    This will be another offseason video discussion for us. I'm curious about 2nd and long after a 1st down short gain or incompletion. I've already pulled the stats but seeing it visually can change the story/give context that '2nd down rush for gain of 1' might not.

3rd down defense too.

FRANNY
    I will be interested to see the cut-ups, but second and long plus third and anything other than very short make up "passing downs" and I know that the Huskies' success rate on passing downs overall wasn't bad. I believe it was 21st in the country. Of course that isn't SOS adjusted and we know how weak the opposition was. It is pretty likely that against defenses with a pulse the passing success rate was sub-par. That's my recollection of it.
    Yep.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2018
    We still talking about 2017? Wasn’t that the year when the regular season was cancelled due to too many Trump protests so they just picked 2 SEC teams and one had this godly Hawaiian kid that came in a stole a Nat?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bump.

Listening to the pod and it made me come back and watch again. This is a work of art Gladstone. TYFYS.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    @AuburnFan here is every snap from Jake Browning during clutch-time (3rd downs + 2 min drills) last year. Behold our QB and DESPAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gladstone said:

A claim yesterday by one of the P12 Network announcers that UW boasted one of the best 3rd down offenses in the country rang hallow for me. So I pulled the tape of all non-garbage time 3rd down plays for the offense (+ 4th down attempts and 2-pt conversions). I also excluded Montana because shame on us for scheduling a subdivision team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLe1T7rHCNM

Have a look and kickstart your memory. Yikes. This needs to be the biggest area of improvement in 2018. Edit: some of the sound encoding is fucked up, twas' done on my phone. Oh well.