Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tate Martell transferring to Miami

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,096
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Thanks Taft!

Did Heaps transfer to Miami at one point?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,407
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

Thanks Taft!

Yep.

This kid is a loser. No wonder Sark wanted him
    The outlook does not look good.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Looks like Martell never wanted to be a Buckeye after all. What a blessing this Fields transfer was.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let's see how creative they get for his hardship transfer
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TommySQC said:

Thanks Taft!

Yep.

This kid is a loser. No wonder Sark wanted him
    I saw a kid with a Martell jersey at the Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2019
    Their high school teammate showed (for once) why he was the top TE prospect in the country. Let's hope his fellow Bishop Gorman boys can play like he can. Miami pulled in a 5* D lineman from Vegas (Bishop Gorman specifically) a few years ago. He was a flop.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Their high school teammate showed (for once) why he was the top TE prospect in the country. Let's hope his fellow Bishop Gorman boys can play like he can. Miami pulled in a 5* D lineman from Vegas (Bishop Gorman specifically) a few years ago. He was a flop.

Most of the Gorman kids flop, caz most of the get on the juice in HS. Good ones go natural in high school, then get on the juice in college
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm still trying to figure out why I should know this kid's name. I vaguely recall Sark offering him as a toddler, then maybe he committed or something during Pop Warner, then he never came here, then he transferred once or twice every year, then he became creep's new favorite QB.

So why does he get so many mentions here again?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

I'm still trying to figure out why I should know this kid's name. I vaguely recall Sark offering him as a toddler, then maybe he committed or something during Pop Warner, then he never came here, then he transferred once or twice every year, then he became creep's new favorite QB.

HH suffers from sark stockholm syndrome
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

So UW then A&M then OSU now Miami. My guess is the next stop will be somewhere like Houston or Minnesota.

He will start at Miami. They don’t have anyone else.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

So UW then A&M then OSU now Miami. My guess is the next stop will be somewhere like Houston or Minnesota.

At minimum, he'll compete.

Jarren Williams was a pretty heavily recruited kid out of Georgia and he redshirted last year. N'Kosi Perry is a talented kid but a complete buffoon, so count him out. I have some hope that the Weldon kid inherited some of his Dad's genes, but he's a redshirt freshman so I have no idea.

I think all Diaz is really trying to do (do something!) is kill the culture of "it's my turn" down there. He's been rather public in the Herald about the need for people (thinly-veiled shots at the kids in the QB room) to remember that it used to be a big deal to play QB at Miami and you have to have what it takes to do it. In a word, he wants competition. I think Richt and his son coddled the QBs with a lot of "your turn is coming", and we don't play that stuff at Miami. Williams almost transferred but changed his mind. I see more transfers in the immediate future. Whatever. Buh bye Felicia.

Whatever Diaz will wind up being as a coach, and I wouldn't hazard a guess, he appears to be more bottom-line than his predecessor. It Martell can play, he will play, and though I like my Qbs from Pennsylvania, or at least the somewhere in the rust belt, at this point I can't be picky.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    chuck said:

Is that true? I thought he picked Ohio State in 2017 as a 4*. I don't think he's been anywhere else. He couldn't beat out Barrett or Haskins. Kind of like how skinny couldn't wrestle the job away from Fromm and x-ferred to the Pac 12 Champion Huskies.

I know Heaps went all over the place. Maybe you're confusing two 5'11" white guys who play QB. Happens all the tim.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Is that true? I thought he picked Ohio State in 2017 as a 4*. I don't think he's been anywhere else. He couldn't beat out Barrett or Haskins. Kind of like how skinny couldn't wrestle the job away from Fromm and x-ferred to the Pac 12 Champion Huskies.

I know Heaps went all over the place. Maybe you're confusing two 5'11" white guys who play QB. Happens all the tim.
    No need to take a senseless, cunty shot at UW or Eason. I was exaggerating for the amusement.

My only point, other than what I just mentioned, was to wonder why Martell gets followed so much here. He hasn't had anything to do with UW since he committed to Sark as an 8th grader (iirc). He never even came close to coming to UW and he can't even be viewed as a huge miss.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He has no arm, hth @creepycoug

He’s a tiny Browning with better wheels lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

He has no arm, hth @creepycoug

He’s a tiny Browning with better wheels lol.

I've never seen him play.

Everyone has better wheels than Browning.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    chuck said:

chuck said:

No need to take a senseless, cunty shot at UW or Eason. I was exaggerating for the amusement.

My only point, other than what I just mentioned, was to wonder why Martell gets followed so much here. He hasn't had anything to do with UW since he committed to Sark as an 8th grader (iirc). He never even came close to coming to UW and he can't even be viewed as a huge miss.
    senseless and cunty? Fuck off and tuff'n up boy. This is HCH. If you get your feelings hurt easily, LEAVE! You were joking and so was I. Pull the string; that's what it's for.

I had never heard of the guy before the x-fer talk started. IDRGAF who he is, where he's from or what connection he ever had to UW. I only care if he can make a run for the starting position.
  • Options

At minimum, he'll compete.

Jarren Williams was a pretty heavily recruited kid out of Georgia and he redshirted last year. N'Kosi Perry is a talented kid but a complete buffoon, so count him out. I have some hope that the Weldon kid inherited some of his Dad's genes, but he's a redshirt freshman so I have no idea.

I think all Diaz is really trying to do (do something!) is kill the culture of "it's my turn" down there. He's been rather public in the Herald about the need for people (thinly-veiled shots at the kids in the QB room) to remember that it used to be a big deal to play QB at Miami and you have to have what it takes to do it. In a word, he wants competition. I think Richt and his son coddled the QBs with a lot of "your turn is coming", and we don't play that stuff at Miami. Williams almost transferred but changed his mind. I see more transfers in the immediate future. Whatever. Buh bye Felicia.

Whatever Diaz will wind up being as a coach, and I wouldn't hazard a guess, he appears to be more bottom-line than his predecessor. It Martell can play, he will play, and though I like my Qbs from Pennsylvania, or at least the somewhere in the rust belt, at this point I can't be picky.
    Casey Weldon of the Coney Island Weldons?
    One and the same.