Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OC Jonathan Smiph, not edgy

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Not flashy enough for me. Never once did he say "dude," "brah," "awesome" or "physical."

I doubt he will connect with recruits.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    VERY wrinkly forehead.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Receding hairline and doesn't want his QB's to get overheated. Hard to believe this guy Beaved Lambo's pass defense to the wall in that '98 game.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    If you've felt the urge to jump into a fire, but haven't quite got the motivation yet, head on over to the Pent Brease thread on DmC. You'll be begging for the sweet release of a DIAF.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,549 Swaye's Wigwam
    I liked him better when he was holding a boombox over his head in "Say Anything."
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    I liked him better in High Fidelity.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Being John Malkovich was his best work.......with puppets.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    =D> Great football-related post @Homebrew_Dawg
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    I hope the coach smith excels at u dub then takes Reilly's job in 5 yrs.
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623

Unreal, the idiots over there are judging coaches based on their first media appeance.... The stoopidty over there has no floor. When you think they have gone as far down the ritard pole as they can, they just slip a little further. Mind Blown.

UW/Petersen is hiring FOOTBALL coaches, not voting on who the Prom King is going to be. Jesus these people are fucktards.

Those fuckers get stupider by the milli-second. The more clueless ranting the Doogs do about how uninspiring the media interviews of the assistants were, the more sure I am the program is in better shape than it has been in 10 years.
    Is everyone just not use to having responsible adults talk?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Tailgater said:

Receding hairline and doesn't want his QB's to get overheated. Hard to believe this guy Beaved Lambo's pass defense to the wall in that '98 game.

War Nigel Burton!

Tailgater said:

Smith is coming to the job knowing how to build a house with just a hammer and a screwdriver. He was a good Pac-10 QB with none of the physical tools. Extend that experience to kids like Miles and Lindquist and you've got the real deal.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

If you've felt the urge to jump into a fire, but haven't quite got the motivation yet, head on over to the Pent Brease thread on DmC. You'll be begging for the sweet release of a DIAF.

Wow. Just pathetic. Total meltdown mode because the coach isn't full of hot air. Dawgman has taught these fucks that sark is god and you need to be use "awesome" "dude" and "man" in order to be able to recruit the big time kids. They're throwing fits about this staff, yet don't remember that after year 3, only 2 coaches remained on sark's staff. And they were both shitty.

In watching the interviews, these guys are less exciting but seem more genuine. I got a couple semi-boners when they and petersen would talk about the "process." They have mini goals for everything they do. They will be detail oriented. That's what winners do. They don't just wing it. They have a methodology and they stick to it.

Also liked that quite a few of them mentioned that recruits like and respect their staff but many of the top guys didn't want to play in the mwc. Was a little miffed that they didn't convey that UW will be a selling point, just that being pac12 will be a selling point. But they've only been here a week so that will come. Loved the fact that one of the coaches mentioned they were the first to offer enewally, jermaine kelly and marcus peters and they would have gone to boise state but wanted to play in a better conference.

In conclusion, I just don't see how these fucktards are so disappointed. They didn't wow me with their oratory skills but they're not supposed to. These fucks actually think the coaches are going to act the same in a recruits living room as they do when ektard and fatters are asking them stupid fucking questions with a camera in their face. Just pathetic.

Wow. Just pathetic. Total meltdown mode because the coach isn't full of hot air. Dawgman has taught these fucks that sark is god and you need to be use "awesome" "dude" and "man" in order to be able to recruit the big time kids. They're throwing fits about this staff, yet don't remember that after year 3, only 2 coaches remained on sark's staff. And they were both shitty.

In watching the interviews, these guys are less exciting but seem more genuine. I got a couple semi-boners when they and petersen would talk about the "process." They have mini goals for everything they do. They will be detail oriented. That's what winners do. They don't just wing it. They have a methodology and they stick to it.

Also liked that quite a few of them mentioned that recruits like and respect their staff but many of the top guys didn't want to play in the mwc. Was a little miffed that they didn't convey that UW will be a selling point, just that being pac12 will be a selling point. But they've only been here a week so that will come. Loved the fact that one of the coaches mentioned they were the first to offer enewally, jermaine kelly and marcus peters and they would have gone to boise state but wanted to play in a better conference.

In conclusion, I just don't see how these fucktards are so disappointed. They didn't wow me with their oratory skills but they're not supposed to. These fucks actually think the coaches are going to act the same in a recruits living room as they do when ektard and fatters are asking them stupid fucking questions with a camera in their face. Just pathetic.
    I don't give a shit about the personal styles. Frankly, I didn't care about the dude/brah of Sark. Except that it didn't work, and it's fun to ridicule. Had Willingham won, he'd been a taciturn task master. Except that he sucked ass. Many paths to winning, still many more to sucking ass. It's the results. Nick Saban's public persona is of a miserable human being. Except he wins. An engaging personality helps the losing coaches most.

Petersen is a proven winner. He's a proven winner with these assistants. His system is a proven winner until proven otherwise. The only personality trait we care about here is winning.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

In addition to winning a lot of football games and being very secretive about their program, Petersen's staff at BSU which included all these assistants at some time seem to have two characteristics that I thought could be detected from local media articles: 1) all roster athletes regardless of talent, class, or experience participate in both player development and team aspects of the program (there is no malingering); and 2) offensive and defensive schemes are designed within a system that allows individual players regardless of class or experience to contribute up to their maximum capability while not being overloaded with more than they can handle.