Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The backlash against Louis CK

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,334 Founders Club
He recently had a set where he purportedly made unforgivably offensive jokes. I started to listen to a clip, preparing to be disappointed. And, well, what he said wasn't too different from commentary you'd read on Hardcore Husky seven days a week and twice on Sundays.

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    I thought people didn't like him because he jacks off in public.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited January 2019
    Piss board material in my opinion, not worthy of the main board
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I knew before this Louis CK incident that I was never going to be a standup comic
    edited January 2019
    I don’t get it, it is not like he raped anyone. Dude was just yanking off. I seen worse shit happen
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942
    edited January 2019

He recently had a set where he purportedly made unforgivably offensive jokes. I started to listen to a clip, preparing to be disappointed. And, well, what he said wasn't too different from commentary you'd read on Hardcore Husky seven days a week and twice on Sundays.

Great board choice Stalin. Take this to the Tug, and save that forum from the tyranny of @SFGbob and Hondo.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162
    Not sure if this is an indictment of HH, or a defense of Louis CK. An endorsement from Stalin is one people are never sure if they want to accept or not.

Great board choice Stalin. Take this to the Tug, and save that forum from the tyranny of @SFGbob and Hondo.
    On behalf of @YellowSnow hurtful
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club

I don’t get it, it is not like he raped anyone. Dude was just yanking off. I seen worse shit happen

To be fair you paid money to see worse shit happen
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

This is really fucked up. He's a comedian. He does dark comedy. He has for decades. He's made fun of everyone and everyone.

There is no sympathy to be had for anyone who willingly listens to his material and then gets offended. It's on you to do your research before listening to somebody's material to make sure you won't be offended.

Can't say I'm a fan of all this feigned outrage. Shut the fuck up, people. He's a comedian for fucks sake.

Pretty much this.

I always thought CK was a little overated, and kind of being edgy in order to be funny, rather than being edgy AND funny. Just going on stage and saying faggot and cunt and the n word over and over isn't funny per se.

THAT BEING SAID, whether or not someone personally enjoys his comedy is besides the point. There is definitely a time and a place for edgy comedy.

If you go to a comedy show without knowing anything about the performer(s) you have to have a reasonable expectation of there being some blue or edgy material.

There's a pretty big difference between saying the n word at a comedy show and spraypainting it on the side of a bridge.

The worst is when someone takes a joke completely out of context, like taking a joke that was performed at a comedy show, the phoning up the last person in the world who should hear it and ask them if it's offensive and if the person who wrote it should apologize.

It's like, no, you're the asshole who told the joke to the wrong person. There's a time and a place, and there's a right and a wrong audience.
  • ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    If we are bashing jacking off in public IM OUT