Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time for the “C” word

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited December 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board

“CENTER” (NT)

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018
    99% of people won’t find the Rose
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

God bless this motherfucker. He might be a midget lump of poo emoji, but I’ve grown to love him.

He's also now playing the position he's meant to play
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

God bless this motherfucker. He might be a midget lump of poo emoji, but I’ve grown to love him.

It's almost like I was saying this all preseason while you fucktards couldn't remove 18 year old Harris on skates vs Bama out of your heads.
    Not entirely sure where you're getting that idea that you were running solo on this ... I know that this was a narrative that has been a constant theme on the TSIO Podcast about Harris for a while as it was always viewed that he was the logical replacement for Shelton and that it'd be a far better use of his talents than at Guard where he had a few limitations.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

It's almost like I was saying this all preseason while you fucktards couldn't remove 18 year old Harris on skates vs Bama out of your heads.
    Not entirely sure where you're getting that idea that you were running solo on this ... I know that this was a narrative that has been a constant theme on the TSIO Podcast about Harris for a while as it was always viewed that he was the logical replacement for Shelton and that it'd be a far better use of his talents than at Guard where he had a few limitations.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but TSIO basically put Harris in the same category as Browning aka glaring weakness.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TSIO basically put Harris in the same category as Browning aka glaring weakness.
    As a Guard

Even going back to the Alabama game, the criticism of Harris wasn't about him specifically, but the fact that the recruiting on the OL was such that he was being asked to play out of position (Center is the correct position for him) and undersized as a true freshman. The results against upper end teams were predictable.

It was never personal on Harris ...

I could be wrong and somebody can go back and either listen to pods or search the boards for this, but I'm fairly confident in saying that somewhere along the lines there were comments made about not being surprised if Harris turned into an All Conference player as a Junior and/or Senior.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

As a Guard

Even going back to the Alabama game, the criticism of Harris wasn't about him specifically, but the fact that the recruiting on the OL was such that he was being asked to play out of position (Center is the correct position for him) and undersized as a true freshman. The results against upper end teams were predictable.

I could be wrong and somebody can go back and either listen to pods or search the boards for this, but I'm fairly confident in saying that somewhere along the lines there were comments made about not being surprised if Harris turned into an All Conference player as a Junior and/or Senior.
    It was maintained for quite awhile that he never should have been offered.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What's a podcast?
  • Options
    Yep

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

As a Guard

Are you trying to be Ballz FS ???

Harris was recruited by Strausser ... we know the general quality of his recruiting

Would HS level Harris have been recruited by Huff as part of this class?

Being an all P12 level recruit like Harris has turned into isn’t a bad thing ...

Is Harris a national level player? We’ll get another look in Pasadena.

As Dennis says often, many of you really are insanely fucking stupid
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    "cockgobbling"!?

Yes, it's always time for that ...
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Yep

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

As a Guard

Are you trying to be Ballz FS ???

Harris was recruited by Strausser ... we know the general quality of his recruiting

Would HS level Harris have been recruited by Huff as part of this class?

Being an all P12 level recruit like Harris has turned into isn’t a bad thing ...

Is Harris a national level player? We’ll get another look in Pasadena.

As Dennis says often, many of you really are insanely fucking stupid
    An all conference level player is a good thing. You are trying too hard.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Harris trying the block Jonathan Allen in the Peach Bowl is the example of how despite being a good team in 2016 we had serious holes in the roster. We’ve been recruiting better since and those holes are shrinking or closing. It’s the example I always use when explaining to DC people who don’t know anything about P12 football why I expect us to be really good for the next couple of years.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

I ripped Harris two years ago. I don’t buy UW wanted Harris over higher graded prospects. His TUFFNESS and determination, however, have more than earned him “CENTER”

If the thought of CENTER, Jaws, and Adams doesn’t gun your scooter, well, you suck.

Throw in Hilbers at RT after proving himself this year.

And either Bain at LG or Watty improving enough to hold him off.

Line will be good next year.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

I ripped Harris two years ago. I don’t buy UW wanted Harris over higher graded prospects. His TUFFNESS and determination, however, have more than earned him “CENTER”

If the thought of CENTER, Jaws, and Adams doesn’t gun your scooter, well, you suck.

Careful