Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jury Duty

Comments

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Got jury duty starting 12/31. Request to be excused was denied. I guess my only option now is to shave my beard into a Hitler stache and duck walk into the courtroom so I fail jury selection. FML.

I got mine delayed by 6 months. You need to work on your salesmanship bro.
    I'm gonna call on Monday and make some shit up. Tell them I committed to bake sale for the Reich or something.

It's getting to be like Nazi Germany around here.
    You should see what's in the other oven.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Supposedly they can try and convict you for dodging jury duty, but it never happens in Seattle. If you live in some rural county it might happen.

In Seattle they'd probably honor you with a plaque
    Tac Town seems pretty TUFF about it. They threaten a misdemeanor on the paper (not that I give a shit because I stack those like cord wood).

This is my first summons, so thanks for the tips guys. I think ignoring it is out because I already requested an excusal on the website. So, I call them Monday or it's time to gussy up my combat boots for the duck walk.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I just ignored the one I got in Washington. I was in skool anyway. Nothing ever happened.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I was selected four fucking times here. The last one I got out of...can't even remember how
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    It’s not certified so no need to respond. If you already did just go there and say, “for religious purposes I can’t say an oath or swear (I’m sure there is something in the Bible on this)” and they will usually let you go. Otherwise you can just not take it seriously and they will usually let you go in pierce/king counties. Some rural areas may not be so kind.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

the justice system is a product of The Man

This is true
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,119
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I did a two week jury duty on a vehicular manslaughter. the autopsy photos of the bottom of the chick's skull are burned into my brain

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/camano-island-man-convicted-of-vehicular-homicide-in-accident-that-killed-stanwood-teen/
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ive been on two jury’s. Forman for both. Both were some kind of assault on a cop. Not guilty both times. The cops stated it. If you want to start shit and then put a guy in jail for responding, don’t have me on the jury.

Both times it was kind of funny. Middle aged white ladies/men just wanted to convict and be done with it and leave. I said not so fast my friends. Found an ally in a couple of young chicks who were not fans of cops. 6 hours later we broke the old whites down and came back with a not guilty.

I felt like a #hero.

#foreman

And TYFYS
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,276
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The problem with the justice system is that people smart enough to serve are also smart enough to get out of serving.
  • Options
    SECGRIDIRONSECGRIDIRON Member Posts: 93
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    J, couldn’t comment before but works here.

Tell em you in KKK
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ive been on two jury’s. Forman for both. Both were some kind of assault on a cop. Not guilty both times. The cops stated it. If you want to start shit and then put a guy in jail for responding, don’t have me on the jury.

Both times it was kind of funny. Middle aged white ladies/men just wanted to convict and be done with it and leave. I said not so fast my friends. Found an ally in a couple of young chicks who were not fans of cops. 6 hours later we broke the old whites down and came back with a not guilty.

I felt like a #hero.

#jurymoney