Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tard gonna Tard

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
“Star rating does not 100% equate to talent (Taylor Rapp, Will Dissly, Greg Gaines, etc)...Early offers do not have a higher hit rate.” -Ballz

Cherry Picking: Gaines and Dissly were Pete’s first class that he cobbled together after UW hired him in December 2013. Luck and development got them to where they are now.

Fucktarded Example: Taylor Rapp: Pete offered in October 2014, 16 months before the 2016 signing day. 2015–Notre Dame, Nebraska, Oregon, and Stanford offered Rapp in the spring. 2016–Rapp signed at UW.

You don’t offer your 6th choice 16 months before signing day! Comparing the 6th choice at TE to Taylor Rapp’s situation is fucktardetry at its best. Settling for diamond in the RUFF prospects when you’re new to the job is not even in the same neighborhood to moving on to choice #6 after three consecutive 10 win seasons, two PAC-12 titles in that period, and currently Rosebowl bound team. Lord have mercy.

HTH

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Peterman lucked into a roster full of sark's guys who were legit.

All Peterman recruits suck and your record has only gone backwards

I think

Just won the conference with a roster with zero Sark guys.

Tim for Mosster to find a new talking point.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Anyone who watched Rapps film and rated him any lower than 5 shouldnt be doing this for a living

his tape always gives me wood
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    Thread worthless without @StrongArmCobra
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,750 Swaye's Wigwam

Anyone who watched Rapps film and rated him any lower than 5 shouldnt be doing this for a living

his tape always gives me wood
    Your wife (husband?) gives me woof
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    edited December 2018
    Total misrepresentation of my argument. I used Rapp as one of many possible examples of a UW 3-star signee being much more talented than his star ranking suggests. When UW offered, he had no other big offers. But I never used him as an example of a late offer guy or equated his recruitment to Kyle Patterson's.

When it comes to late offer guys, pre-2017 UW recruiting is much less relevant. UW has leveled up in recruiting from 2017 to now. Late offer, 3-star guys since recruiting has leveled up include Joe Tryon, Mosiah Nasili-liu, and Freshman All-American Jaxson Kirkland. This new trend suggests that late offer guys in today's UW recruiting climate are likely to still possess the talent we're looking for and for whatever reason were overlooked. Mosiah is just as talented as early offer guys Taki and Tuli. Tryon is more talented than every Buck that was offered before him except for Jaelan Phillips who is equal to Tryon's talent level. Jaxson Kirkland is just as talented if not more talented than Foster Sarrell.

What those three guys have in common is they were later bloomers than most of the guys offered before them, needed more time to transform their bodies, etc. Due to this trend, it is logical to expect a guy like Kyle Patterson to be on a similar path as the guys I just mentioned. A late offer guy who has the high-end talent and potential we want but is more of a late bloomer rather than a Jordan Chin type late offer in which we're just trying to secure a warm body at that position for depth after whiffing on other, more talented recruits.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    I love me some Tryon but L O fucking L at him being equal to Jaelan Phillips.
    edited December 2018

Yes he is. Equal talent. Same size, speed, athleticism. Phillips was just more physically mature in high school.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Hi there. Rapp was understarred *because* he committed early. HTH.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,468 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Peterman lucked into a roster full of sark's guys who were legit.

All Peterman recruits suck and your record has only gone backwards

I think

Just won the conference with a roster with zero Sark guys.

Tim for Mosster to find a new talking point.
    Paopao still on staff. He is a Sark guy.
    He does a good job

Yes he is. Equal talent. Same size, speed, athleticism. Phillips was just more physically mature in high school.
    EVEN IF it were true that they are equal athletically and "talent" wise ITS A PRETTY FUCKING BIG DEAL TO BE PHYSICALLY READY TO PLAY DAY ONE.

Phillips came in and was a dominant force as a true freshman before getting injured while Tryon has taken two years to just start to put it together.

D'ya think that maybe having a Phillips-type edge guy would have made a difference the last two years? Just maybe?
    edited December 2018

EVEN IF it were true that they are equal athletically and "talent" wise ITS A PRETTY FUCKING BIG DEAL TO BE PHYSICALLY READY TO PLAY DAY ONE.

Phillips came in and was a dominant force as a true freshman before getting injured while Tryon has taken two years to just start to put it together.

D'ya think that maybe having a Phillips-type edge guy would have made a difference the last two years? Just maybe?
    No it's not. You want most of the guys on the field to be Juniors and Seniors with NFL talent. Whether or not a guy is physically ready to play as a true Freshman should not at all effect who is offered and recruited.

Phillips didn't dominate anybody. He played against UW as a true Freshman and got his ass kicked. This season he suffered a season ending injury and I'm not sure he even played a snap. Sure, would have been great have him but the point is Tryon was offered much later and is no less talented than Phillips.

No it's not. You want most of the guys on the field to be Juniors and Seniors with NFL talent. Whether or not a guy is physically ready to play as a true Freshman should not at all effect who is offered and recruited.

Phillips didn't dominate anybody. He played against UW as a true Freshman and got his ass kicked. This season he suffered a season ending injury and I'm not sure he even played a snap. Sure, would have been great have him but the point is Tryon was offered much later and is no less talented than Phillips.
    Thats great in theory except in the real fucking world we didn't have any edge guys the last two years- seniors or freshmen.

Just because Jaelan happened to get injured doesn't mean in every hypothetical world that could exist he gets injured. To say it doesn't matter that we missed on him because he got injured anyways is fucking horrible results oriented logic.

Again, I love Tryon, but we whiffed on a bunch of edge guys that could have won games for us the last two years- Jaelan being one which you are being disingenuous about if you ever watched him play.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Softy called.

He wants his doog throne back.

Thats great in theory except in the real fucking world we didn't have any edge guys the last two years- seniors or freshmen.

Just because Jaelan happened to get injured doesn't mean in every hypothetical world that could exist he gets injured. To say it doesn't matter that we missed on him because he got injured anyways is fucking horrible results oriented logic.

Again, I love Tryon, but we whiffed on a bunch of edge guys that could have won games for us the last two years- Jaelan being one which you are being disingenuous about if you ever watched him play.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Why are you trying to imply that I said shit that I didn't say? Of course it would have been amazing to get Jaelan Phillips you idiot! I'm not fucking disputing that! I never fucking said it doesn't matter we missed on him you fucktard! Can you fucking read and comprehend basic English?

You tried to over hype what Phillip's has done so far in college to support your argument that he's more talented than Tryon and I corrected you. He did nothing of significance as a true Freshman and then got hurt this season. I never said he would have also gotten hurt had he come to UW. You again tried to imply shit that I didn't say nor did I suggest. I simply mentioned that to support my point that he's done nothing in college so far.

AGAIN FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME! UW whiffed on Jaelan Phillips, DJ Johnson, Addison Gumbs, and Hunter Echols before they offered Tryon late. Tryon is more talented than all of them except Phillips who he is about equal to talent wise. Point being: Just because somebody is offered late after the coaches have whiffed on others does not mean that recruit is a LESS TALENTED RECRUIT. DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND?