Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tard gonna Tard

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946

I love me some Tryon but L O fucking L at him being equal to Jaelan Phillips.

Yes he is. Equal talent. Same size, speed, athleticism. Phillips was just more physically mature in high school.
    EVEN IF it were true that they are equal athletically and "talent" wise ITS A PRETTY FUCKING BIG DEAL TO BE PHYSICALLY READY TO PLAY DAY ONE.

Phillips came in and was a dominant force as a true freshman before getting injured while Tryon has taken two years to just start to put it together.

D'ya think that maybe having a Phillips-type edge guy would have made a difference the last two years? Just maybe?
    No it's not. You want most of the guys on the field to be Juniors and Seniors with NFL talent. Whether or not a guy is physically ready to play as a true Freshman should not at all effect who is offered and recruited.

Phillips didn't dominate anybody. He played against UW as a true Freshman and got his ass kicked. This season he suffered a season ending injury and I'm not sure he even played a snap. Sure, would have been great have him but the point is Tryon was offered much later and is no less talented than Phillips.
    Come on. Speak English! I propped you up in this thread and this is what you do?
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735

Yes he is. Equal talent. Same size, speed, athleticism. Phillips was just more physically mature in high school.
    EVEN IF it were true that they are equal athletically and "talent" wise ITS A PRETTY FUCKING BIG DEAL TO BE PHYSICALLY READY TO PLAY DAY ONE.

Phillips came in and was a dominant force as a true freshman before getting injured while Tryon has taken two years to just start to put it together.

D'ya think that maybe having a Phillips-type edge guy would have made a difference the last two years? Just maybe?
    No it's not. You want most of the guys on the field to be Juniors and Seniors with NFL talent. Whether or not a guy is physically ready to play as a true Freshman should not at all effect who is offered and recruited.

Phillips didn't dominate anybody. He played against UW as a true Freshman and got his ass kicked. This season he suffered a season ending injury and I'm not sure he even played a snap. Sure, would have been great have him but the point is Tryon was offered much later and is no less talented than Phillips.
    Come on. Speak English! I propped you up in this thread and this is what you do?
    Who gives a fuck? Is that all you got? A grammatical error. Jesus.

Who gives a fuck? Is that all you got? A grammatical error. Jesus.
    I give a fuck! This is AMERICA! We speak the Queen's ENGLISH!!!!!!

You dumb fucking retard.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735

Thats great in theory except in the real fucking world we didn't have any edge guys the last two years- seniors or freshmen.

Just because Jaelan happened to get injured doesn't mean in every hypothetical world that could exist he gets injured. To say it doesn't matter that we missed on him because he got injured anyways is fucking horrible results oriented logic.

Again, I love Tryon, but we whiffed on a bunch of edge guys that could have won games for us the last two years- Jaelan being one which you are being disingenuous about if you ever watched him play.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Why are you trying to imply that I said shit that I didn't say? Of course it would have been amazing to get Jaelan Phillips you idiot! I'm not fucking disputing that! I never fucking said it doesn't matter we missed on him you fucktard! Can you fucking read and comprehend basic English?

You tried to over hype what Phillip's has done so far in college to support your argument that he's more talented than Tryon and I corrected you. He did nothing of significance as a true Freshman and then got hurt this season. I never said he would have also gotten hurt had he come to UW. You again tried to imply shit that I didn't say nor did I suggest. I simply mentioned that to support my point that he's done nothing in college so far.

AGAIN FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME! UW whiffed on Jaelan Phillips, DJ Johnson, Addison Gumbs, and Hunter Echols before they offered Tryon late. Tryon is more talented than all of them except Phillips who he is about equal to talent wise. Point being: Just because somebody is offered late after the coaches have whiffed on others does not mean that recruit is a LESS TALENTED RECRUIT. DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND?
    You're talking out of both sides of your mouth again. By your own fucking words Phillips was more ready to go out of high school so even if Tryon has gotten to his level after two years (which I am not actually conceding) that makes Phillips a more valuable recruit regardless of whatever you mean by "talent".

An asset today is worth more than that same asset two years into the future. Which is obviously why you admit that it sucks we missed on him.
    I'm not talking out of both side of my mouth. Every individual recruit physically matures at a different rate. Guys who are physically ready to play as true Freshman are not necessarily more "valuable" than guys who aren't. The vast majority of recruits are not ready to play as true Freshman. Does that mean they're not elite, NFL talent. Hell no. Like I said, all that matters is what they are when they're RS Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Some guys that are late bloomers have more upside than guys who are early bloomers and already athletically maxed out in high school. Not saying that's the case with Phillips but it certainly is for some guys who are man children in high school and don't get any better than that in college.

Jaelen Phillips is not more talented than Joe Tryon, period. Both have 5-star talent.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,751 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yet another example of the greatest troll job ever!
    I think the point is, @StrongArmCobra hates elite talent. Hates it.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Get the best prospects and develop them.

THREAD CLOSED