Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Corey Littleton - don't get it ... but great for him.

animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/11/29/rams-linebacker-cory-littleton-went-from-undrafted-to-top-tackler-in-2-years/

Why is Corey doing so well in the NFL and lining up for a huge contract when his college career at UW was low(er) profile?

I remember he was starting to come on nicely but kapow his eligibility was used up...

- late bloomer?
- not used correctly?

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

animate said:

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/11/29/rams-linebacker-cory-littleton-went-from-undrafted-to-top-tackler-in-2-years/

Why is Corey doing so well in the NFL and lining up for a huge contract when his college career at UW was low(er) profile?

I remember he was starting to come on nicely but kapow his eligibility was used up...

- late bloomer?
    - not used correctly?

No redshirt. By the time he was getting good, he was gone. He would have been huge for us in 2016 if he had redshirted.
    This.

Doesn't even look like the same person.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,589
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    You mean redshirts matter?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    jecornel said:

Not when you’ve recruited properly with NFL caliber talent each year like Alabama and Pete at USC
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

No redshirt. By the time he was getting good, he was gone. He would have been huge for us in 2016 if he had redshirted.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

No warning? Just gone?
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Petermen molder of OKG’s

How are we going to replace Littleton?

Kyler Manu
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Nah, they'll leave early anyway! Who cares! Rush back from injury for 1 catch for 9 yards the week before a bye, fuck it. Hey Kyler want to waste the option of a 5th year by playing 5 games worth of kickoff coverage? Torch that thing.

I was actually told by somebody in the program, "you don't know the whole story." SarkSure.gif but I can think about the cost-benefit for literally 45 seconds and figure out how asinine these decisions are...but nah, no way anybody not directly involved in the decision making could know better. Dangerous fucking mindset and I have a fear it's widespread.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,908
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Putting the stupidity of burning redshirts aside... I’m going to doog a little bit.
    Littleton, Dissly (before injury) insert name of other lowly recruited dawg now carving out a butch for themselves in the nfl.

Maybe there’s something to be said for petermans repetitive focus on the basics. 10k hours type shit.

So selling croots on “I can get 2-⭐️ dissly to the league. Imagine what I can do with 4 Ford or 5 rRingo.”

Maybe...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It helps when you are a linebacker playing behind guys like Suh and Donald.

I actually disagree with that. Neither Suh or Donald are disciplined DT’s who take up blockers. They try to shoot gaps and make plays in the backfield.

The Rams defense is very mediocre. They are opportunistic and have playmakers tho.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

It helps when you are a linebacker playing behind guys like Suh and Donald.

I actually disagree with that. Neither Suh or Donald are disciplined DT’s who take up blockers. They try to shoot gaps and make plays in the backfield.

The Rams defense is very mediocre. They are opportunistic and have playmakers tho.
    Agree. But they also are consistently getting the attention of multiple lineman. It's a good place to play MLB.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,589
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2018

jecornel said:

Nah, they'll leave early anyway! Who cares! Rush back from injury for 1 catch for 9 yards the week before a bye, fuck it. Hey Kyler want to waste the option of a 5th year by playing 5 games worth of kickoff coverage? Torch that thing.

I was actually told by somebody in the program, "you don't know the whole story." SarkSure.gif but I can think about the cost-benefit for literally 45 seconds and figure out how asinine these decisions are...but nah, no way anybody not directly involved in the decision making could know better. Dangerous fucking mindset and I have a fear it's widespread.
    Oh so much to learn young padawan. Roster management matters.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Oh so much to learn young padawan. Roster management matters.
    No shit, that was the point of the post. How the hell did you miss the sarcasm? I wonder about you sometimes, Jim.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Petermen molder of OKG’s

That was alpha as fuck. Pete must be swinging a hammer.