Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the bored regarding Frosh D linemen

I have Taimani playing in one game and Tupuola-Fetui playing in two so far. Is this correct...? If so we can use Taimani the rest of the way.

Ulofoshio can also go the rest of the way...?

Comments

• Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I have Taimani playing in one game and Tupuola-Fetui playing in two so far. Is this correct...? If so we can use Taimani the rest of the way.

I have no idea but I do know that Benning Potoa'e has played in every game so he qualfies for the "please lock him in a dark shed in Snohomish and don't let him out until his eligibility expires" shirt.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I have no idea but I do know that Benning Potoa'e has played in every game so he qualfies for the "please lock him in a dark shed in Snohomish and don't let him out until his eligibility expires" shirt.
    I know you are being sarcastic but he got his first sack last week.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2018

The Benning hate is weird. He's a shit pass rusher, but he's far and away the best run stopping edge guy we have. We're fucked in the front 7 next year, and we'd be extra fucked if he wasn't coming back.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good luck the rest of the way
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

The Benning hate is weird. He's a shit pass rusher, but he's far and away the best run stopping edge guy we have. We're fucked in the front 7 next year, and we'd be extra fucked if he wasn't coming back.
    I wonder who should get the blame for not recruiting/developing D-linemen?
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370

The guy either trips over his own fucking feet 85% of the snaps or just gets absolutely washed off the ball....perhaps it's development and not all on the player but he does absolutely nothing for a dogshit pass rush problem this team has.

Tryon is already more impactful now and I'd tend to lend that more to the fact that he just is a better football player.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018

I hate him, but this is true.

He won’t get better either. He and big bro maxed out at a young age. Hopefully he plays less next year.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I hate him, but this is true.

He won’t get better either. He and big bro maxed out at a young age. Hopefully he plays less next year.
    Dude tryon and ngata are going to bench bowman and benning next year
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You like to say Frosh. YLTST
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

No he's not. He's an idiot. If you run the ball to his side there's a 50-50 chance he's going to give up contain. He's always crashing inside trying to make a play instead of staying home. Sometimes he gets lucky and it works. Other times he single handedly gives up a first down. Ryan Bowman is better than him at everything and that ain't saying much.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Given Petersen's focus on the defensive line when he came here. It amazes me how much worse our pass rush is this year given how gets its been prior years. We could barely even get a sack on OSU last week. If we don't get a pass rush Friday night, we'll get fucked.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

http://sportsourceanalytics.com/playerparticipation/redshirteligibility.php?calculate=true&team=Washington&formSubmitted=true

Adams - 1
    Bryant - 2
    Gordon - 3
    Hampton - 2
    Irvin - 2
    Tuli - 2
    Sirmon - 2
    Tafisi - 2
    Taimani - 1
    Tupuala-Fetui - 1
    Ulofoshio - 1

So, anyone who has 2 games played cannot play Apple Cup, CCG, and Bowl Game.

And yes, I’m assuming we? Beat the Coug.

2 games? I thought a true frosh could play in up to 4 games and still preserve the redshirt?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Passion said:

http://sportsourceanalytics.com/playerparticipation/redshirteligibility.php?calculate=true&team=Washington&formSubmitted=true

Adams - 1
    Bryant - 2
    Gordon - 3
    Hampton - 2
    Irvin - 2
    Tuli - 2
    Sirmon - 2
    Tafisi - 2
    Taimani - 1
    Tupuala-Fetui - 1
    Ulofoshio - 1

So, anyone who has 2 games played cannot play Apple Cup, CCG, and Bowl Game.

And yes, I’m assuming we? Beat the Coug.

2 games? I thought a true frosh could play in up to 4 games and still preserve the redshirt?
    You thought correct. Which is why I said anyone who has played 2 games cannot play in the Apple Cup, CCG, and Rose Bowel, as that would put those players at 5 games and burn their redshirt.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    Our pass rush has been poor the last 2 years. No edge. Last year little Bowman had an impact not so much this year. Potato not so much. No heat from the edge. When Shelton was here he got most of his sacks from the edge forcing the QB up field into the pocket and Danny's loving arms. We have none of that now. I also think it's scheme. Rarely do we see DL pin their ears back and go. I think they have a run first responsibility and have to recognize pass before abandoning gap discipline unless there is a play call for pass rush. Gaines is doubled almost every play. On pass pro so is the other DT. Seems our D isn't designed to be as effective at pressure.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    2001400ex said:

Given Petersen's focus on the defensive line when he came here. It amazes me how much worse our pass rush is this year given how gets its been prior years. We could barely even get a sack on OSU last week. If we don't get a pass rush Friday night, we'll get fucked.

Feeneys and Littletons are hard to find.