Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huge win.

2»

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    priapism said:

If UW plays Arizona 10 times at UA this year, UW probably loses 2-3 of them. I'm happy with a win today.

Especially if they had their starting tailback and QB
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck I hate late games. Hardly remember writing that. Skullfuck may have been too harsh. That's not how I really feel. Never happen again. K?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Arizona is not good but they're probably a 5 or 6 win team. It's not a bad road win. In fact, it's probably the best one since USC in 2010. I'll put the closeness on Van Winkle as much as anyone else. The conditions were dead calm wind, cancer turf...high 60s/low 70s...no excuse for missing both of those...

The USC road win LAST YEAR was better, but still.
    No way. USC with rock bottom and drunk Sark did everything they could to hand that game to us.

Sark was chewing up 12 yards a carry and then got down to like the 20 and decided to air it out every play and that allowed us to stop them.

That was an absolute pathetic Sark meltdown. Maybe worse than the AC years ago.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited September 2016

Arizona is not good but they're probably a 5 or 6 win team. It's not a bad road win. In fact, it's probably the best one since USC in 2010. I'll put the closeness on Van Winkle as much as anyone else. The conditions were dead calm wind, cancer turf...high 60s/low 70s...no excuse for missing both of those...

The USC road win LAST YEAR was better, but still.
    No way. USC with rock bottom and drunk Sark did everything they could to hand that game to us.

Sark was chewing up 12 yards a carry and then got down to like the 20 and decided to air it out every play and that allowed us to stop them.

That was an absolute pathetic Sark meltdown. Maybe worse than the AC years ago.
    USC won the South last year. They had actual players on the field. They were terribly coached, but so was Arizona last night.

Arizona was the walking wounded and won't even make a bowl game.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fuck I hate late games. Hardly remember writing that. Skullfuck may have been too harsh. That's not how I really feel. Never happen again. K?

Can I get a hug?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TommySQC said:

Can I get a reacharound?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

The Huskies had a clear edge in talent and multiple chances to salt the game away long before big play Dawkins singlehandedly closed the gap. Untimely INT's by Browning, dropped passes, missed FGs, uncharacteristically poor tackling at times and missed assignments led to giving up big plays, all of which changed the game from an easy win to an unnecessary nail biter.

So, this is not a huge win, just more incremental progress bullshit. The only worthy take away is that they didn't fold when things went south. They hung tough and ultimately won. If this win adds to their confidence while also getting their attention, then the incremental progress may be two steps forward, but that's squarely in the LIFPO arena.

Oddly enough I was ok with the INT Browning threw because if the pass is incomplete our faggot kicker will miss the FG and give them better field position. At least the INT put them on the 1.
    How about scoring instead of an INT?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

priapism said:

If UW plays Arizona 10 times at UA this year, UW probably loses 2-3 of them. I'm happy with a win today.

Especially if they had their starting tailback and QB
    Dawkins is the starting QB now. If Anu plays we win comfortably since he can't run.

I thought the game was over when JJ went down but they ended up averaging more yards per play after that than before- 7.8 to 6.7 (no doubt aided by the fluke broken play bomb.)
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    What's up with Gaskin this year? Coleman was clearly the better runner yesterday... unless I'm blind.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

Can I get a hug?
    Yes dammit! Any time Tommy. All you had to do was ask. I miss the Queen. Drank off many a skullfucking outside that hunk of shit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TommySQC said:

Can I get a reacharound?

Yes dammit! I'm equal opportunity. Plus your name has the word boobs in it.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment