Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We'll stop the caravan

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
I'm not sure Trump realizes how long of a fucking walk it it from the southern border of Mexico. But but but Democrats!!!

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Fuck off

Race hates Trump's own words.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

I’ve personally driven 37 semi trucks packed full of illegal immigrants across the border. I mean we really pack em in there. #VoteOrDie

I laffed.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    4,000 people, 1,200 miles. None of them look like they’ve missed a meal. High heat and humidity. Where are the water trucks? Where are these people shitting? Who is funding the logistics of this? Who is managing the logistics?

Looks like a criminal conspiracy
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

4,000 people, 1,200 miles. None of them look like they’ve missed a meal. High heat and humidity. Where are the water trucks? Where are these people shitting? Who is funding the logistics of this? Who is managing the logistics?

Looks like Mexico's problem.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2018
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Looks like Mexico's problem.
    It's gonna be once Mad Dog unleashes the hounds ala Winfield Scott and occupies Mexico City.

The United States of All the Americas

Except Canada
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter

The United States of All the Americas

Except Canada

http://www.military-today.com/aircraft/top_10_cargo_aircraft.htm

Hell, most of these carry 120 - 130 people. Send 40 of them down to Tapachula, MX and give the caravan a lift to Gander, Newfoundland and call it good.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Somebody should cut off their funding to get their attention
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    I don't know what they expect to achieve, because there isn't a chance the government is going to grant them asylum. It's not a great look for the Government to be pressured by 7200 people coming to the border. It will set a precedent, that nobody in Government wants. I have a feeling there will be a lot of rubber bullets flying around.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    US immigration law requires review of Asylum claims.

Why won’t trump and his MAGAts follow immigration law?

US armed forces are going to shower third world refugees with rubber bullets? Things must be really bad in trumpanzee-land to step to this level of desperation.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953
    They want a confrontation at the border and the news media wants to show the evil Orange man not allowing women and children asylum and turning back people who are just trying to create a better life for themselves and their children. The "unbiased" press is already reporting on this in an extremely slanted manner.
    SFGbob said:

They want a confrontation at the border and the news media wants to show the evil Orange man not allowing women and children asylum and turning back people who are just trying to create a better life for themselves and their children. The "unbiased" press is already reporting on this in an extremely slanted manner.

There will be no confrontation if trump follows the law. Asylum seekers must receive a review of their claims. Why won’t trump follow me the law?

SFGbob said:

There will be no confrontation if trump follows the law. Asylum seekers must receive a review of their claims. Why won’t trump follow me the law?
    There is a specific process for asylum that these folks aren't following

HTH

Open up your house big talker. Let them live there

SFGbob said:

HTH

You are wrong. At official border crossings, they can claim asylum.

They are welcome in California. We are rich — the 5th largest economy in the world. We don’t support nativism and protectionsimsm. That’s trump bullshit for poor people who can’t compete in today’s high skill economy.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,856
    I say use regular bullets on the filthy horde.

SFGbob said:

HTH

You are wrong. At official border crossings, they can claim asylum.

They are welcome in California. We are rich — the 5th largest economy in the world. We don’t support nativism and protectionsimsm. That’s trump bullshit for poor people who can’t compete in today’s high skill economy.
    Not illegals

If you can get a visa to come to the United States, such as a tourist visa, or if you can make your way to a U.S. border post, you can theoretically apply for asylum immediately upon your arrival at the airport, seaport, or border station. (It’s impossible to apply from asylum from a country outside the United States.)

In terms of procedure, you would first tell the inspections officer that you fear returning to your country and that you wish to apply for asylum. If you convince the officer of your fear, you should be given what’s called a “credible fear interview” with a trained asylum officer. If that goes well, you’ll be allowed to apply for asylum, either while in detention or after release on bond.

But should an asylum seeker take this approach?

Risks When Applying for Asylum at a Border Post or Other Entry Point
    If at all possible, it’s best to wait, and not to mention your intent to seek asylum upon entry -- unless, that is, the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer is acting like he or she doesn’t plan to let you into the U.S. anyway.

If you start the application process immediately upon your arrival, your ability to continue it depends entirely on whether one CBP officer finds your fear "credible." That officer has the power to quickly find you inadmissible and deport you, in which case you might not be allowed to return for five years. This can happen if an inspector not only believes that is your fear not credible, but also that you are making a misrepresentation (committing fraud), or that you misrepresented the truth when you got your visa, or if you do not have the proper travel or visa documents at the time you request entry.