Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is the Pac 12 poised to rise from the dead? The answer may surprise you

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,339
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
I pointed out last week that UW woke the sleeping giant in Westwood and I was right as is so often the case. Chip will get that going and UCLA does out recruit most of the Pac 12 giving him plenty to work with.

USC might get it right after they fire Helton and get a good coach. Even with mediocre coaches they have the best talent in the west.

I like Herm at ASU but we'll have to see. Utah is going to be Utah. A tough out and they actually know how to win a bowl game.

The Big Four in the North could turn into a nationally interesting race every year. Shaw, Petersen, Leach and now Cristobal build programs. I hate to agree with Damon or Softy but that game Saturday did do the Pac some good as it looked like we actually play football out here and have fans that care. Thank you Autzen.

We all have to schedule and win a big non con game and then win bowl games because the Pac will continue to chew each other up as we are seeing so far in the Del Norte round robin. We need the RESPECT to get a one loss or maybe even a two loss team in sometimes. And win a natty for fucks sake.

Firing Larry Scott and getting all of our games on DirecTV will also help

Recruiting has to keep the 5 stars out west. - TV is important to this. I can watch ACC shit teams easier than UCLA v Cal

Nothing stays the same forever in college ball. Not a lot of great teams or great conference depth anywhere at the moment. The Pac could take a step forward.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lather, rinse, repeat since Pete left USC
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'm completely behind this
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Even keeping 5 stars out west will the conference be able to field enough talent to realize this dream? The south will have to hit texas hard.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I didn't read any of this as I'm sure it's mostly Doog nonsense.

Here is reality; maybe. The Pac-12 turning to shit was Chip Kelly and Oregon's fault. Chip started skull fucking everyone and instead of just working on getting better, everyone not named Stanford tried to become Oregon Lite and a lot of them still are.

If the Pac-12 is ever going to be nationally relevant again USC, Oregon, UW, and Stanford need to recruit, lift, and play power football.

UA, ASU, Utah, Cal, OS, Wazzu, CU, and UCLA are shit programs. Chip isn't bringing UCLA back to anything but an 8 win program. UCLA gets the wrong kind of kids.

Aaron Feld was asked by the Eugene media if athletes were just better in the south than out west and he said athletes are the same everywhere, but the south does a better job with their S&C programs getting players to a higher weight ceiling while keeping their athleticism.

CMSCH is 19-0 at home and like .500 on the road so he is basically Dirk Koetter. USC needs to do better.

Socha needs to be replaced. UW gets pushed around by everyone with a pulse.

Stanford needs to lower their athletic admission standards.

Oregon needs to keep Mario.

The Pac-12 needs to realign the conference. You can't have one division with one good program and five shit birds while the other has three good programs. With an unnecessary nine game conference schedule they're going to cannibalize 75% of their playoff hopes.

So in short, no. They won't be back. USC only hired incompetent ass hats as athletic directors, Stanford is smug, Peterman is too smart, and Mark Richt will be fired soon.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LIPO with Chip. It was one game vs Cal.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    We'll keep Socha thanks.
  • Options

Just shut the fuck up

Your savior coach is a tv personality now. You've lost your oracle ability.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

We'll keep Socha thanks.

Please do. That was your D-line against an empty look.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Mosster47 said:

whuggy said:

We'll keep Socha thanks.

Please do. That was your D-line against an empty look.
    You obviously are unaware of our D-line this year.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Races PTSD with Chip is real.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Chip will get it done
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thank you Autzen.

ban this piece of this
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,508
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's a lot of ifs. I thought the conference would come back when Stanford had Harbaugh and Oregon had Chip, but they left and it all went to shit again. USC eventually comes back, but when? Now that we know UW isn't coming back, the future looks a lot worse. Cristobal won't stay at Oregon if he's good and Chip still has a lot of work to do at UCLA.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

salemcoog said:

Chip will get it done
    To what extent? He'll get them to a decent level. It's UCLA. They won't be anything special.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

Chip will get it done
    To what extent? He'll get them to a decent level. It's UCLA. They won't be anything special.
    People forget that the LA part of UCLA stands for Los Angeles.

And they used to be superior to UW until Don James changed that.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    PurpleJ said:

That's a lot of ifs. I thought the conference would come back when Stanford had Harbaugh and Oregon had Chip, but they left and it all went to shit again. USC eventually comes back, but when? Now that we know UW isn't coming back, the future looks a lot worse. Cristobal won't stay at Oregon if he's good and Chip still has a lot of work to do at UCLA.

Oregon will pay whatever it takes to keep him if he's good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Oregon will pay whatever it takes to keep him if he's good.
    Can they become his alma mater? I didn't think so. He's a Cane if he's good.